Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 01:12 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY...

Women are like phones:
They like to be held, talked to, and touched often.
But push the wrong button and you're disconnected.

Sounds like she's baggage, dump her . It actually sounds like she is the stronger christian . Why judge her on past relationships ?. What about the woman at the well who Jesus knew she'd had 5 husbands .

Celtic Viking i take my hat off to you for keeping yourself . Do not let it worry you in the slightest about her past relationships even if it was while she believed .If she is walking with the Lord i cannot see there being an issue . At the end of the day it's between you and God , but please don't hold her past against her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 03:17 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What about the woman at the well who Jesus knew she'd had 5 husbands .
It all depends on certain vital parameters.

If she owns big hearts, Tony will marry her in a heartbeat

<enters his Peter Paul Rubens dream world>

Old 06-15-2009, 08:14 PM

829 posts, read 2,954,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Sounds like she's baggage, dump her . It actually sounds like she is the stronger christian . Why judge her on past relationships ?. What about the woman at the well who Jesus knew she'd had 5 husbands .

Celtic Viking i take my hat off to you for keeping yourself . Do not let it worry you in the slightest about her past relationships even if it was while she believed .If she is walking with the Lord i cannot see there being an issue . At the end of the day it's between you and God , but please don't hold her past against her.

The funny thing is i dont hold it against her...but its something in my mind that bothers me...more of my own issue mentally...maybe a bit jealous she has experienced it and i havent...something like that...not sure...

Old 06-15-2009, 09:28 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post

...but its something in my mind that bothers me...maybe a bit jealous she has experienced it and i havent...something like that...not sure...

...Or a bit jealous of the fact that others have known her in ways that you presently, do not, have not. (Although, quite honestly, "jealous" isn't the word June would choose to describe what you are describing here.)

Take gentle care.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:28 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times
beyond the gentleness .... she was discarded somewhat by those others ... eventually enough reason to leave every possible blame and shame with her.

tell me it ain't so.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:12 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
The funny thing is i dont hold it against her...but its something in my mind that bothers me...more of my own issue mentally...maybe a bit jealous she has experienced it and i havent...something like that...not sure...
. If it is jealousy like you seem to suggest roll onto the Lord and let go of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity