Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 03:44 PM

738 posts, read 1,878,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
"Sex God" "Purpose driven life" "Your Best life now"

yeah.....right !!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 03:45 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,495,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Romans 14:10 You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.

The problem with the "law of free will" is that we will all stand in judgment and free will can only apply in this life of the living.
What will happen after judgment? do you propose that even after death man has free will? In other words, does man's free will exist in the presence of God?
That depends, who is your brother? I believe just like the angels had free will and Satan and His many made up their mind and chose to rebel, after the rebellion God locked the angels on both sides-They made their choices which is why we have to see any other angel fall after the rebellion. Satan can't repent because He doesn't, the same way I believe it be with men.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:45 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,180,137 times
Quote:
Yes I believe in free will but a Calvinist definition is different from most arminians. I hold to the 5 points of Calvinism, some I would rewrite how it is put BUT I am "sola scriptura" and I see many verses in scripture where it says, that we choose. What do you do with those verses Christy? How does God's sovereignty and mankind's free will work together in salvation?
Please state which verses you are referring to so I can respond.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:50 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,462,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZEL View Post
We were all born sinners.
There was only one who was perfect. That is Jesus Christ.
I will never be perfect because I am a sinner. But with the Holy Spirit in me, I can try to be in accordance with Gods' word and learn from my mistakes- try not to do them again, and if i fail, which i will because i am not perfect, i will repent and God will forgive me. Key in this equation is my heavenly Father -God and his son Christ Jesus
If you believed Jesus was not God could you be sinless too?

Jesus tells many in the NT to go "and sin no more"... was he serious? Is that something us lowly little humans can do?

Or is your excuse for sinning that Jesus was God and you are not so his command to "sin no more" was really "try to sin no more"?

Old 09-24-2009, 03:52 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,180,137 times
Quote:
That depends, who is your brother? I believe just like the angels had free will and Satan and His many made up their mind and chose to rebel, after the rebellion God locked the angels on both sides-They made their choices which is why we have to see any other angel fall after the rebellion. Satan can't repent because He doesn't, the same way I believe it be with men.
Can someone please tell me where this great rebellion is found in scripture?

Old 09-24-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Who is the determining factor in whether the work that I do for Christ is of less value than the work you do.

I am very heavily involved in Kairos Prison Ministry, sharing the Gospel of Christ with the incarcerated and lost. I also give freely of my money and my time to the Addulum House, which houses and takes care of the children of inmates while they serve their time. I also give freely of my money and my time to the Montgomery Food Bank, which feeds people who would not otherwise be able to obtain a decent meal. I also give freely of my money and my time to the Selma Childrens Home, which houses and feeds throw away children and shows them God's love. I give to the Salvation Army, the Faith Rescue Mission, etc.

Are my faith works of any less value because I don't believe the way you do? Do you honestly believe God would judge me based on that?
[color="Purple"]Great work!!!
That is what is right for you.
It works for you.
You choose to do that because it satisfy s you.
No one is taking that away from you. (((Free will)))))

So your statement: Do you honestly believe God would judge me based on that?[/
You feel you are being judged on good works????? And all the Good that you do??????

Old 09-24-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Please state which verses you are referring to so I can respond.
(Romans 9:19-21)

19You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?"
20On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, "Why did you make me like this," will it? Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use?

Romans 3:19 (New American Standard Bible)

19Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God;

Old 09-24-2009, 03:54 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,462,005 times
Quote:
I never did understand this concept...where is it written that angels have free-will?

If God created Good and Evil then he is the one in control of satan and therefore satan cannot have free-will....

If you can show me where you get this from scripture that would be helpful.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
I never did understand this concept...where is it written that angels have free-will?

If God created Good and Evil then he is the one in control of satan and therefore satan cannot have free-will....

God DID NOT create evil? Think about what you are saying? The presense of God produces evil for e.g. cold is not something tangible it is merely the absence of heat well evil is the absence of God.

How and why would 1/3 of the angels rebel?

Old 09-24-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:

Read Matthew 4:8-9 ((Satan tempts Jesus Christ)).
2 Corinthians 4:4
Revelation 12:9
John 4:8
Job 38:7
Psalm 104:4
Hebrew 1:7, 13, 14
Genesis 3:6
Job 1: 6-12 (( Satan tried to get Job to stop serving God))

These are only a few
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity