U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2009, 04:37 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,339,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Fundy... God gave His Son, before we believed, you know it.

16for God did so love the world, that His Son -- the only begotten -- He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during (YLT)

He gave, (past tense) so that....

God bless.
What does scripture say. It is clear, you must believe. How can you come to Christ unless you believe and how can you believe unless the Father draw you. So why aren't others saved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 04:37 PM

11,918 posts, read 13,681,531 times
Well, I'm on my way to eat We do need a break Apple juice sounds good too God bless.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
You folks don't care about the starving dude?

5 pounds lost and dropping.

Where's my apple juice?
lol. I got your apple juice

Old 06-16-2009, 04:39 PM

Okay, before I leave, Fundy, to review, I posted scriptures that show that Jesus died (past tense) for all men. He died before they believed, before any of us believed. Yes, He died for all. We were His enemies. Now, those who believe today, have a relationship with God, are being saved, but eventually all will believe. God bless

Out to eat

Old 06-16-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Okay, before I leave, Fundy, to review, I posted scriptures that show that Jesus died (past tense) for all men. He died before they believed, before any of us believed. Now, those who believe have a relationship with God, are being saved, but eventually all will believe. God bless

Out to eat
No He didn't because millions of people died thousands of years before He was crucified and that doesn't explain that you must believe in Christ, second scripture says nothing that all will believe.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:42 PM

Okay, I have to respond before I'm out...Jesus was the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world. Yes, all will believe if they will confess, profess proclaim Him, Fundy. God bless.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Okay, I have to respond before I'm out...Jesus was the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world. Yes, all will believe if they will confess, profess proclaim Him, Fundy. God bless.
How can one confess, profess Him before they believe and where is that in scripture?

Old 06-16-2009, 04:51 PM

21,330 posts, read 29,245,250 times
Quote:
Okay, before I leave, Fundy, to review, I posted scriptures that show that Jesus died (past tense) for all men. He died before they believed, before any of us believed. Yes, He died for all. We were His enemies. Now, those who believe today, have a relationship with God, are being saved, but eventually all will believe. God bless

Out to eat
I actually agree with this, Jesus did die for all, and we can have a relationship with Him, I even agree all will eventually believe, but for some it will be too late by the time they believe. Hope you had something good to eat Shana.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I actually agree with this, Jesus did die for all, and we can have a relationship with Him, I even agree all will eventually believe, but for some it will be too late by the time they believe. Hope you had something good to eat Shana.
I thought I would be debating with the other side as well but only universalist answered the call. Do you think this is heresy?

Old 06-16-2009, 05:00 PM

29,432 posts, read 19,556,303 times
Well lets establish the first thing We know that God loves the world John 3 16 and He is no respecter of persons which Calvinists have to believe to support their doctrine . So from the off you argument as no foundation.

Now lets move onto how many will be saved .

As in Adam all die even so in Christ all shall be made alive . Where is election of a chosen few in this scripture.

Your gospel is another gospel which tells us God never had a plan, He never had a purpose and only can be his true self to those who He supposedly chosen .

Because my Bible tells me God is , that means He is that He is that He is to whosoever and not a certain chosen few.And the whosever are not a chosen few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity