Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 04:14 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
He sees it but He does not want to accept it. But it's okay. God's will will be done. God bless.
and why will they not accept it? Could it be that the Father didn't draw them? because how can one go against His own sinful nature and choose God without God drawing them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 04:14 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Fundy, you know that we have shared this before, all are not drawn at the same time. Believers are the first fruits in the harvest. God bless.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:15 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Please expound. I am a literal so I believe in dispensation but what of Ephesians 1?
Paul is speaking to those "who first trusted in Christ" (which we consider ourselves to be, because...) "in the dispensation of the fullness of times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him."

There is precedent throughout Scripture in which God takes a few and multiplies them into many, yea the dead to bring forth life. We're speaking of remnants and first fruits, of God being all in all - but first, let's remember what Paul said to the believers in Corinth: All things are of God - even this age of gross darkness.

It shouldn't deter us from seeing His dominion and purpose, especially if it looks impossible, for He specializes in such things.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Fundy, you know that we have shared this before, all are not drawn at the same time. Believers are the first fruits in the harvest. God bless.
and what of the people who have died in their sins without repenting and believing? they were not drawn

Old 06-17-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Paul is speaking to those "who first trusted in Christ" (which we consider ourselves to be, because...) "in the dispensation of the fullness of times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him."

There is precedent throughout Scripture in which God takes a few and multiplies them into many, yea the dead to bring forth life. We're speaking of remnants and first fruits, of God being all in all - but first, let's remember what Paul said to the believers in Corinth: All things are of God - even this age of gross darkness.

It shouldn't deter us from seeing His dominion and purpose, especially if it looks impossible, for He specializes in such things.
I agree but that only strengthens the doctrine of election, since they are the only ones who repent and believe

Old 06-17-2009, 04:17 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
They will be drawn, Fundy, future tense. We have shared this with you time and time again. Eventually all will be drawn. Did you even read little elmer's post? God bless you.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:18 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
and why will they not accept it? Could it be that the Father didn't draw them? because how can one go against His own sinful nature and choose God without God drawing them?
I was found by them that sought me not Isaiah 61 verse 1.

Oops sorry he must be referring to the elect

Old 06-17-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
They will be drawn, Fundy, future tense. We have shared this with you time and time again. Eventually all will be drawn. Did you even read little elmer's post? God bless you.
You have no verse to show someone being drawn in the next life. NONE! so how can you build a doctrine on at best shaky interpretation?

Old 06-17-2009, 04:19 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,616 times
Quote:
I tell you I don't see that, after tribulation there will be people still on this planet who survived and will live under the millennium rule furthermore to build part of a doctrine on Revelations is risky.
Which don't you see?
- That there are people repenting in these verses
- That this takes place in the afterlife

Old 06-17-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I was found by them that sought me not Isaiah 61 verse 1.

Oops sorry he must be referring to the elect
You are throwing cliches. You have no clue what the context of that verse is and if it was elect it would say, I was found by HIM that SOUGHT ME.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity