Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 12:53 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Birdthe confessers are believing y please stop littering the threads with links. I believe you, the bible says what it says, all man but just like John 3:16 says, they must believe

If every knee shall bow and tongue confesses that Jesus Christ is Lord , the confessers are believing . For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 12:55 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

. 2He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for[a] the sins of the whole world

Here's 2 that came straight to me
The whole world must believe Pcamps, you can't get around that.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:56 PM

[quote=Fundamentalist;9321346] It means the world has a saviour, it doesn't mean he came to save everyone furthermore Jesus can only save those who believes.

What baloney

Old 06-16-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
Jesus Christ is the Saviour of all mankind!

"Faithful is this saying and deserving of universal acceptance: and here is the motive of our toiling and wrestling, because we have our hopes fixed on the ever-living God, who is the Saviour of all mankind, and especially of believers [of those who believe). Command this and teach this."
and how can you believe unless God allows you to believe?

Old 06-16-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Are you just slow Fundy, or is there something else that evades your sight?

What does only and especially mean in Canon?
No need to get upset. I have to go but I will be back to explain this

Old 06-16-2009, 01:00 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,345,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If every knee shall bow and tongue confesses that Jesus Christ is Lord , the confessers are believing . For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh,

Indeed, Pcamps!

Let's review the scope of the confession & the worship of all beings in the heavens, the earth, & the underworld, resounding to the Father's great glory shall we?

Phil. 2:10,11

"It is because of this also that God has so highly exalted Him, and has conferred on Him the Name which is supreme above every other name, In order that in the Name of Jesus (so that in adoration of the Name of Jesus) every knee should bow, of beings in the highest heavens, of those on the earth, and of those in the underworld, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

kavmptw = bow=

Used of worshippers.

To bow one's self.

Confess= ejxomologevw

Confess/ profess.

A. To acknowledge openly and joyfully.

B. To celebrate/ to give praise to.

Exomologeo Rooted In oJmologevw
oJmologevw=

To confess/ declare.

A. To profess/ declare openly and freely.

B. To profess one's self the worshipper of one.

C. To praise and celebrate.

In the Name/ Within the Name -Jonathan Mitchell Greek N.T.-

9. For this reason, God also lifts Him up above (highly exalts Him; elevates Him over) and by grace gives to Him (graces on Him) the Name -- the one over and above every name! --

10. to the end that within The Name: Jesus! (or: in the name of {or: belonging to} Jesus), EVERY KNEE -- of the men upon the heavens (of those belonging to the super-heavens) and of the men existing upon the earth and of the men dwelling down under the ground (or: pertaining to subterranean ones) -- may bend (should bow) in worship or prayer,

11. and EVERY TONGUE may speak out the same thing (should openly agree, confess and acclaim) that Jesus Christ Lord <= Yahweh?> -- into glory of Father God (or: unto Father God's reputation)!

Old 06-16-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
No need to get upset. I have to go but I will be back to explain this
My dear laddy, Birdbrain never gets upset. Take your time, we anxiously await your explanation.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:04 PM

Also if you really believe in limited atonement you must be believe that God chose you regardless of whether you believe or not , because if you think God had a plan for salvation and then sat back to see who would believe that actually contradicts your Calvinistic doctrine and belittles the Almighty to a God of chance.

So with that in mind you must also believe that God is a respecter of persons.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
My dear laddy, Birdbrain never gets upset. Take your time, we anxiously await your explanation.
I am at work, got busy. will be back around 5:00 to 5:30 et

I love this!

Old 06-16-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
and how can you believe unless God allows you to believe?
You can't, nor can you repent. Repentance & believing is granted. Nor can you receive anything from Heaven..."No man can receive anything unless it be given him from above."

"What then does man have in his unredeemed, totally depraved state upon which God can act? He has eyes, but is blind. God can restore his vision. He has ears that are deaf. God can open his ears. He has a heart, but it is of stone. God can convert it to a heart of flesh. He has a spirit, but it is dead. God can make it live. So God has made man with the capacity to see, hear, and act responsively to his inspiring, but he cannot act until he is made alive. He cannot come forth from the tomb until he has been given a new life. Only then does he hear the voice of God saying, 'Come forth.'" -A Custance

"When the Lord knocks at the door of a man's heart he cannot hear for he is deaf. Only when God opens his ears does he hear. And even then when he hears he is likely at first to say, 'I am in no convenient position to open. My children are in bed, the door is locked, we are 'closed for the night,' please don't bother me now' Only the caller's persistence, not the householder's desire to entertain the caller, drives him in the end to open the door; the Spirit of God acting upon his heart makes him a willing host. It is God's persistent knocking at the door of man's heart and not man's persistent knocking at the gates of heaven that brings the elect finally to salvation. Such, then, is the nature of the Total Depravity of man." -A. Custance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity