U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 02:07 PM

19,371 posts, read 9,511,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
and how can you believe unless God allows you to believe?
Eph 2

8For ye are saved by grace, through faith; and this not of yourselves; it is God's gift:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 02:11 PM

To be honest i really do not know what he as got so excited about , something to do with believing ? ,he as also got is fundamentalist sister Ilene confused lmao.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:18 PM

8,990 posts, read 8,806,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
To be honest i really do not know what he as got so excited about , something to do with believing ? ,he as also got is fundamentalist sister Ilene confused lmao.
I didn't want to answer because I am busy but I have to respond, Ilene is a fundamentalist Armenian, I am a fundamentalist Calvinist. Huge difference when it comes to the doctrine of salvation.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:26 PM

6,947 posts, read 7,352,684 times
Quote:
I didn't want to answer because I am busy but I have to respond, Ilene is a fundamentalist Armenian, I am a fundamentalist Calvinist. Huge difference when it comes to the doctrine of salvation.
I guess I've been through both "stages", so I know what you're saying. It's all about a revelation of Jesus Christ, no matter where we are in our walk.

I don't think we could handle it all at once, personally.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:29 PM

Fundy this paragraph is very hard to follow

On the other hand I must commend universalists for their deep study of scripture unfortunately it is misguided and you too have problems with your doctrines as well and not for the reasons most of you think. Universalist believe in an unlimited atonement, that God saved the whole word (every human being) well here's the problem, the existence of hell makes absolutely no sense whether it is eternal or partial. Obviously hell does exist since the bible describes it more than heaven, that much many universalist can see and sends "Uniterian universalism" on the wrong path of a ridiculously false theology believing in no hell but ironically are on the right path in their assessment of "unlimited atonement", if God truly died for the world, "Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world" how can there be a hell?, makes no sense; why is God still punishing errrr....sorry I mean correcting (personally I don't know what is the difference) people even though Jesus died for their sins as well. As a universalist to believe in any kind of hell "correction" must take away some of the power of "unlimited atonement"
If you read Romans 5 and 6 it will give you a clear explaination of your question.

We will need Gods chastisement until it's no longer i that liveth but christ that liveth in me.

We are being conformed to His image , we are being changed into His likeness and so forth

Old 06-16-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Yes but you both are fundy mental

Old 06-16-2009, 02:36 PM

1,686 posts, read 1,762,392 times
Fundy: you must get out more!

Quote:
Obviously hell does exist since the bible describes it more than heaven.
You know the system now....

Search= Heaven

Search= hell

You have three life lines, would you like to revise your statement, or call Ilene or Curly or ILNC or maybe Alpha. Call all four of them: your A.T. and T. operators are standing by.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:37 PM

20,050 posts, read 21,041,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
Fundy: you must get out more!

You know the system now....

Search= Heaven

Search= hell

You have three life lines, would you like to revise your statement, or call Ilene or Curly or ILNC or maybe Alpha. Call all four of them: your A.T. and T. operators are standing by.
I suggest anyone wanting the truth call God

Old 06-16-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy_56 View Post
fundy: You must get out more!:d

you know the system now....

search= heaven

search= hell

you have three life lines, would you like to revise your statement, or call ilene or curly or ilnc or maybe alpha. Call all four of them: Your a.t. And t. Operators are standing by. :d
:d

Old 06-16-2009, 02:41 PM

1,686 posts, read 1,762,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I suggest anyone wanting the truth call God
I knew you were there lover of N.C. Help Fundy out. Does the Scriptures speak of hell more than heaven? How much more eh?

Remember: your search query is not for "eternal hell", just plain old "hell" in all five uses of the Koine and Hebrew?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity