Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 07:54 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,511,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
Why would correction in the afterlife take away the power of atonement when correction in this life would not?
simple because in the after life we are given new bodies, no longer fallen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 07:54 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,328,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I have that verse in my bible as well.
And here I thought you had a loose leaf Bible!

Quote:
Let me reword my post. "I see no scripture showing one can repent in the afterlife" and without repentance one can not be saved.
That is why you believe in the ghastly dogma of "limited" atonement.

The facts are these:

1. Every being, in every dimension of the heavens, the earth & the underworld, ultimately bows and confesses in worship.

2. The worship (kampto) is in praise, thanksgiving, celebration.

3. The worship is "in" the Name of all names culminating in the Father's satisfaction and glory.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
Are these verses taking place in the afterlife?
  • Revelation 21:25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. 26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. 27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
I have those verses as well and see nothing of repentance, don't agree with you.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
And here I thought you had a loose leaf Bible!

That is why you believe in the ghastly dogma of "limited" atonement.

The facts are these:

1. Every being, in every dimension of the heavens, the earth & the underworld, ultimately bows and confesses in worship.

3. The worship is "in" the Name of all names culminating in the Father's satisfaction and glory.
You could repeat the same verses till you turn blue; changes nothing. You have showed me nothing where one can REPENT in the afterlife, give me a verse describing the afterlife where the word "REPENT" shows. and I will believe

Old 06-17-2009, 08:00 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,893,299 times
Quote:
Well I believe in the depravity of man and the scripture repeats it. I do not know how one is saved unless one believes and how can one believe unless the God draws them? why doesn't everyone believe? which leads me to believe the Father does not draw everyone?
I agree, but does God have to draw everyone at the same time? We already see that He does not or all would be drawn at the earliest age.

Quote:
Severe from you have been taught but Calvinism can only go from what they see in scripture and not what they want God to be. God does what He wants and it must give Him the glory, if choosing to save some or all gives Him the glory then who am I to question that. God takes no pleasure in punishing the wicked but that doesn't mean He saves everyone. The elect are sinners as well, they have done nothing to be special, they are special because God chose them, He saved those sinners.
Severe I say for one because you must interpret "all people" as "the elect".

I say that for other reasons too. The heart of the law is love and mercy. We are called upon to be perfect as the Father is perfect in this regard. If Calvinism is true then to be like the Father, we should be selective in our love and mercy. Loving to some (if we knew who they were) and hateful to the rest.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Why doesn't everyone believe? which leads me to believe the Father does not draw everyone?
"He has made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in heaven and things on earth, to find their one head in Him. And you too, who in Him were made heirs, having been chosen beforehand in accordance with the intention of Him whose might carries out in everything the design of His own will."

Old 06-17-2009, 08:02 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,893,299 times
Quote:
I have those verses as well and see nothing of repentance, don't agree with you.
I was going to get to that. But there is no point unless you agree those verses take place in the afterlife. So do you think those verses take place in the afterlife?

Old 06-17-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
"He has made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in heaven and things on earth, to find their one head in Him. And you too, who in Him were made heirs, having been chosen beforehand in accordance with the intention of Him whose might carries out in everything the design of His own will."
What verse is that? So then everyone believes when I go out on the street right now?

Old 06-17-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
You could repeat the same verses till you turn blue; changes nothing. You have showed me nothing where one can REPENT in the afterlife, give me a verse describing the afterlife where the word "REPENT" shows. and I will believe
Evidently the magnitude of the scope of unlimited reconciliation evades your horizon!

The facts are these:

Old 06-17-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
What verse is that? So then everyone believes when I go out on the street right now?
Stay off the street, it already has enough problems!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity