Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 04:20 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Oh, i guess Paul was making a boastful statement when he said the same thing to The Corinthians:

1 Corinthians 3

1Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly—mere infants in Christ. 2I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready.

And to the Hebrews:

Hebrews 5:12-14

12For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 14But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Gee, why didn't the Holy Spirit prevent him from making those statements???
You ain't no Apostle Paul that is for certain, no matter how much you think you are . If what you are calling what i am feeding on milk , well Praise God!!!!!!!!!!! because if the milk gets me so excited about my Savior's love i just cannot wait to get into the meat , i am pretty sure i will be raptured but not in accordance to the church myth rapture though.

Let me tell you what this so called milk is doing for me it's burning up all the dross of the old nature , it's instilled boldness and confidence before God , that the awareness of His presence is more real by the day , that it's causing me to see people through His eyes rather than my own , peace that passses all understanding , joy unspeakable , Hallelujah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 05:09 PM

303 posts, read 569,768 times
Calvinists have a few very big problems
They really cant be sure if they're saved and therefore cant be sure if God really loves them
And if they're not really sure if they're loved & saved how can they offer salvation to anyone else or tell someone else about Gods love & salvation for them ??
It becomes the gospel of MAYBE & BUT
MAYBE God chose you before the foundations of the world
MAYBE God loves you
MAYBE Jesus even died for your sins
BUT we cant be sure and we have no way of verifying it
One thing is for sure you Calvinists have absolutely no right whatsoever to tell anyone on the face of the earth that God loves them and that Jesus died for an individuals sins because you have no way of verifying this unless He died for everybody.....

And the funny thing is thats what the whole "GOOD NEWS" is based upon.
That He died for everyones transgressions and forgiveness is available to everyone both Jew & Gentile...

MAYBE is not "GOOD NEWS"
And another thing...If jesus told us to love and pray for our enemies then that really means to love everyone under the harshest of circumstances.
He not only tells us to but commands us to...
And if He's commanding us to love everybody then that means He loves everybody.
NOT some of us.....ALL of us

"While we were yet sinners Christ died for us"

LIMITED ATONEMENT is the devils tool to bring in doubts,maybe's and buts

And since God is Love and the source of all true love... how could He tell us to love and forgive everybody if He hadnt....
That would be impossible...

Old 11-15-2009, 12:35 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfixer View Post
The book of Acts : The Holy Bible
The first church was established in Jerusalem on the Day of Pentacost and Peter told the people in the temple what the prophets said about the Holy Spirit.[ Acts 1 & 2 ]

Many people in Jerusalem are healed by the power of God working through Peter. [Acts 5 :11-16 ]

Peter travels to Joppa [IN Israel] to minister to the people. [ Acts 11:4-5]

Peter was the shepherd [ bishop-elder] of the church in Jerusalem.
Paul is the Apostle who brought the gospel to Rome.
I'll choose what is written in the Bible over a traditions of men.
James the Just was the first Bishop of Jerusalem.
Peter never bore the title of "Pope"
The New Testament offers no proof that Jesus established the papacy nor even that he established Peter as the first bishop of Rome.The notion that Peter was the first bishop of Rome and founded the Christian church there can be traced back no earlier than the third century. - this from wikipedia

Old 11-15-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Jesus gives the keys to the kingdom of heaven and the power to bind and loose to Peter.

Matthew 16:13-19.

If you think Paul was the Biship of Rome, then you need to get your info from a different source. Peter was the head of the early church and anything else is just protestant revisionist history. Paul was very important to be sure, but Jesus made Peter the leader of His Church.

Click on the link and learn: Bishop of Rome
Pope - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-15-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You ain't no Apostle Paul that is for certain, no matter how much you think you are . If what you are calling what i am feeding on milk , well Praise God!!!!!!!!!!! because if the milk gets me so excited about my Savior's love i just cannot wait to get into the meat , i am pretty sure i will be raptured but not in accordance to the church myth rapture though.

Let me tell you what this so called milk is doing for me it's burning up all the dross of the old nature , it's instilled boldness and confidence before God , that the awareness of His presence is more real by the day , that it's causing me to see people through His eyes rather than my own , peace that passses all understanding , joy unspeakable , Hallelujah
Never said i was an Apostle......But, he also says to leave the milk and move on....."They have Zeal, but not according to knowledge". And the word rapture is not in the bible.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:56 PM

The difference between the way you and i think is , you think milk and meat is doctrine , i believe it's His Divine nature 2 Peter 1 verse 4

Old 11-15-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
The difference between the way you and i think is , you think milk and meat is doctrine , i believe it's His Divine nature 2 Peter 1 verse 4
I think with reason and logic....You overspiritualize everything

Old 11-15-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
I think with reason and logic....You overspiritualize everything
Hey ????????

The letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Hey ????????

The letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
You have no idead what you are talking about.......that is talking about the letter of the Law....not scripture itself......

Old 11-17-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
You have no idead what you are talking about.......that is talking about the letter of the Law....not scripture itself......

Read the scripture again with an open heart "Who also hath made us able ministers of the new covenant; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life".Do you see the New Covenant is not Matthew through to Revelation ?

2 Thessalonians 2

that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us.

Acts 15

1Some men came down from Judea to Antioch and were teaching the brothers: "Unless you are circumcised, according to the custom taught by Moses, you cannot be saved."

10Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear?.

Now if you do not understand that the letter is not just Old Testament Law, but anything that you make law ourselves , i have a number of a good optician for you.

Unfortunately the Organized Church System use the same "Unless you" today killing themselves and all those who hear them.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-17-2009 at 05:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity