U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 09:35 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,462,296 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Should Calvinists share the Gospel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 03:01 PM

30,290 posts, read 20,026,374 times
No they should believe it

Old 06-17-2009, 03:37 PM

4,669 posts, read 3,911,820 times
Jesus said to. So the answer is "of course!"

Old 06-17-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Jesus said to. So the answer is "of course!"
If they believed i would agree , but they believe another gospel so no

Are you not acting like mere men? 4For when one says, "I follow Paul," "Calvin and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

Old 06-17-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If they believed i would agree , but they believe another gospel so no

Are you not acting like mere men?
4For when one says, "I follow Paul," "Calvin and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?
Man! You could twist scripture. I follow scripture. Prove the elect verses wrong.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 06-17-2009 at 04:23 PM..

Old 06-17-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Man! You could twist scripture. I follow scripture. Prove the elect verses wrong.
Well Fundy you are starting to mention the other JC more than the real JC

Old 06-17-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well Fundy you are starting to mention the other JC more than the real JC
I follow Jesus Christ through scripture, that's all. If I am guilty then I am guilt of that furthermore to answer your previous post, faith comes by hearing, they must hear the gospel so that they can believe and be saved

Old 06-17-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I follow Jesus Christ through scripture, that's all. If I am guilty then I am guilt of that furthermore to answer your previous post, faith comes by hearing, they must hear the gospel so that they can believe and be saved
Yes the true one

Old 06-17-2009, 04:37 PM

13,468 posts, read 21,232,832 times
Since I quit following man and his own religions, which come from his own thoughts, interpretations, pride and arrogance, I have found so much peace ..
I don't need the security of a label from the different denominations of religion any more..
I don't depend on a you-tube message or the televangelists for my spiritual food anymore..
The Holy Spirit now leads me through scripture instead of all the commentaries, different versions, and different articles I used to depend on for my knowledge..
He has enabled me to have a closer relationship with my creator through His Son..

When this thread first began, I searched Calvin and imo, he was not a nice person at all..
Even Paul admonished the early Church not to call themselves followers of any man..

As far as the op's question goes about sharing the Gospel..Yes I believe a calvinist or anyone who is born of the spirit can share the Gospel (the good news of Christ)..But there is a way of sharing without insulting, harrassment or meaningless arguements with other Christian brothers and sisters of a different denomination over scripture..
The best way of sharing is by showing Christ in you with your words, deeds and life you live, along with sincere, humble answers to questions..

Christ came to build the Church, not to divide it up into different groups headed by a man such as Calvin or any of the others..

Old 06-17-2009, 05:35 PM

3,582 posts, read 459,176 times
Fundy, it seems to me that we can get so caught up with defending an religion/sect that it can take away from the gospel (GOOD NEWS).

Should Calvinists preach their interpretation of the "gospel" ........... should Catholics preach their interpretation ......... JWs .......... Arminians? - or should we seek truth and God for ourselves and not getting totally caught in interpretations?

What the person in the video was saying is contradictory - from what I can gather calvinists believe that God has elected/chosen some to salvation and the rest he will torment eternally. The person in the video says they send themselves to hell because they do not believe. To me one negates the other if God chooses the elect and does not choose the rest then the rest do not have a choice.

If the reason they go to hell is because God did not elect/choose them that means God has sent them to hell and it is not because they did not choose God (salvation is in their hands)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or