U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-25-2007, 09:13 AM

20,016 posts, read 20,566,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hatcher View Post
please give your view of sectarian prayer.
What is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2007, 09:31 AM

19,178 posts, read 19,697,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Good vs. evil, God vs. Satan, it's one or the other. It doesn't mean you are possessed! It just means you are breaking the very first of the Ten Commandments.

"thou shalt have no other gods before me". Exodus 20:1-3
As I don't have any gods at all, I hardly see how I can be "breaking" this somewhat boastful "commandment" in any way. By the way, is this God's way of admitting that He's not actually the only deity on the block?

Old 04-25-2007, 10:15 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,392,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
As I don't have any gods at all, I hardly see how I can be "breaking" this somewhat boastful "commandment" in any way. By the way, is this God's way of admitting that He's not actually the only deity on the block?
It is God and Satan. That is it. No other gods. The other "gods" out there are man-made and have no spiritual relevance as God and Satan do.

Yes, you have a god... it is called yourself. Athiests and agnostics worship human nature, which is by far is one of the most perverse beings on the planet (until they achieve redenption).

Remember: whatever controls you is your god. If you are driven and controlled by your own desires and wishes, you are a hedonistic person... therefore you might not even realize it, but you are your own god. And there is no salvation and hope in that.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:59 AM

10,010 posts, read 11,960,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
It is God and Satan. That is it. No other gods. The other "gods" out there are man-made and have no spiritual relevance as God and Satan do.

Yes, you have a god... it is called yourself. Athiests and agnostics worship human nature, which is by far is one of the most perverse beings on the planet (until they achieve redenption).

Remember: whatever controls you is your god. If you are driven and controlled by your own desires and wishes, you are a hedonistic person... therefore you might not even realize it, but you are your own god. And there is no salvation and hope in that.
Nice

Old 04-25-2007, 11:05 AM

259 posts, read 637,496 times
JUST FOLLOW THE SWAGGERT EXAMPLE: It's O.K. to cheat on your wife if you just bawl on T.V. "Oh Lord, I have sinned!" Go right ahead + bop the bimbo!

Old 04-25-2007, 05:45 PM

1,444 posts, read 921,439 times
Quote:

Excellent post!! Thanks for taking care of that for me. I tried to give you pos pts. but I have to spread 'em around a bit first.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:53 PM

2,640 posts, read 227,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeehombre View Post
JUST FOLLOW THE SWAGGERT EXAMPLE: It's O.K. to cheat on your wife if you just bawl on T.V. "Oh Lord, I have sinned!" Go right ahead + bop the bimbo!

I can honestly understand how people can be turned off to Christianity with the Swaggerts and the like putting on their pretentious show. It is a shame for sure.

One thing is certain that only God knows their hearts and maybe they really haven't accepted His Son as their Savior. Unfortunately, we can't deny that there are many phonies in all categories in this world.

I just wish some of the TV evangelists would go away as they sicken me, and I'm a Christian.

Old 04-25-2007, 06:09 PM

3,042 posts, read 5,968,909 times
Yankee i think that was the Clinton Example.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:58 PM

19,178 posts, read 19,697,370 times
Quote:
Pathetic. Against everything my sense and senses tell me, it turns out that I do worship a god, but in such a manner that I myself am quite unable to realize it, but you are? What a troll. I'm afraid I may need to report you to the Invisible Pink Unicorn, peace be upon her holy hooves, for some gentle reprogramming. You've clearly blown a fuse on this one...

Old 04-29-2007, 06:14 PM

1,682 posts, read 5,817,791 times
How can you not question a God when his sole concern is whether you are worshiping him or not? In the end, that is all he apparently cares about according to those I speak with, that is your ticket to heaven.

This concept is inaccurate, but since you don't want to hear scripture, I won't debate it with you. I can answer your question simply....

I KNOW God. When you know someone intimately, all doubt is removed.
He answers my prayers, He works in my life and I've seen the evidence of His works all around me. I am writing a book about the amazing things my family and I have witnessed and experienced in the 50 years of my life. It is incredible. I doubt you would believe most of it, but it doesn't change the fact that it's all true. There is NO one and NO thing on earth that could ever convince me He's not Alive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity