Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 08:36 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Then June is assuming that it's safe for June to safely assume that she's okay.

"No matter what."

Take gentle care.
God works independently, whether people believe it or not. He can break you on a deserted island if He so chooses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 08:39 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If you do not fully believe the scriptures i quoted as being a done deal you will never walk in full confidence with God and you will never approach the throne of grace boldly.
That's a good point - our nature is such that our "boldness" stems from a confidence in flesh, which God absolutely hates.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:47 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
How can a spiritually dead sinner who is hostile to God have faith in the atoning work of Christ on the cross?
They can not....

John 9:31
Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears them.

References;
Job 35:12
There they cry out, but He does not answer, because of the pride of evil men. Surely God will not listen to empty talk, nor will the Almighty regard it.

Psalm 18:41
They cried out, but there was none to save; even to the Lord, but He did not answer them.

Proverbs 1:28-33
"Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; they will seek me diligently, but they will not find me. Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the Lord. They would none of my counsel and despised my every rebuke. Therefore they shall eat the fruit of their way, and be filled to the full with their own fancies. For the turning away of the simple will slay them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them; but whoever listens to me will dwell safely, and will be secure, without fear of evil.

Proverbs 15:29
The Lord is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayer of the righteous.

Proverbs 28:9
One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayers is an abomination.

Isaiah 1:15
When you spread out your hands, I will hide My eyes from you; even though you make many prayers, I will not hear you. Your hands are full of blood.

Jeremiah 11:11
Therefore thus says the Lord: "Behold, I will surely bring calamity on them which they will not be able to escape; and though they cry out to Me, I will not listen to them.

Jeremiah 14:12
When they fast, I will not hear their cry; and when they offer burnt offering and grain offering, I will not accept them. But I will consume them by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence.

Eze. 8:18; Mic.3:4; Zech. 7:13; James 5:16

Old 06-18-2009, 12:20 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
I was that hostile dead in my sins sinner when i believed .Romans 5 verse 8 God demonstrated His love towards us while we were yet sinners

He loved me before i ever believed 13And you, being dead in offences and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, he has quickened together with him, having forgiven us all the offences;

And can it be that I should gain
An interest in the Savior’s blood?
Died He for me, who caused His pain—
For me, who Him to death pursued?
Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?

’Tis mystery all: th’Immortal dies:
Who can explore His strange design?
In vain the firstborn seraph tries
To sound the depths of love divine.
’Tis mercy all! Let earth adore,
Let angel minds inquire no more.
’Tis mercy all! Let earth adore;
Let angel minds inquire no more.

He left His Father’s throne above
So free, so infinite His grace—
Emptied Himself of all but love,
And bled for Adam’s helpless race:
’Tis mercy all, immense and free,
For O my God, it found out me!(Amen)
’Tis mercy all, immense and free,
For O my God, it found out me!

Long my imprisoned spirit lay,
Fast bound in sin and nature’s night;
Thine eye diffused a quickening ray—
I woke, the dungeon flamed with light;
My chains fell off, my heart was free,
I rose, went forth, and followed Thee.
My chains fell off, my heart was free,
I rose, went forth, and followed Thee.

Still the small inward voice I hear,
That whispers all my sins forgiven;
Still the atoning blood is near, (Praise is wonderful name)
That quenched the wrath of hostile Heaven.
I feel the life His wounds impart;
I feel the Savior in my heart.
I feel the life His wounds impart;
I feel the Savior in my heart.

No condemnation now I dread;(Hallelujah)
Jesus, and all in Him, is mine;
Alive in Him, my living Head,
And clothed in righteousness divine,
Bold I approach th’eternal throne,
And claim the crown, through Christ my own.
Bold I approach th’eternal throne,
And claim the crown, through Christ my own

Last edited by pcamps; 06-18-2009 at 01:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity