Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2009, 12:06 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
By the reasoning in the opening post that this by itself proves no ultimate restoration - it also proves there is no eternal torment.

Did God say if you eat of the tree I will eternally torment you in a place I will make called Hell? NO! The consequences were death.

Oh, you think this was talking about physical death? Hmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 12:07 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Hi. physical death and spiritual death will no longer exist when God becomes all in all. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 06-20-2009 at 12:18 PM..

Old 06-20-2009, 12:14 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,333,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Oh, you think this was talking about physical death? Hmmm.
I think Genesis 3:19 would imply this:

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art , and unto dust shalt thou return.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi. Physical death and spiritual death will no longer exist when God becomes all in all. God bless.
See, that is a huge difference between what you believe, and what I believe.

I believe God is already IN all, for we are His Creation. His fingerprint is upon everything you can see, and even not see. Hense, His creation. The breath of Life did not leave Adam when he was banished from the Garden, for the Christ was already there, at the beginning. It is how those men of old, before Christ, were saved. The Promise made to them by God Himself. They had faith in this promise.

Physical death happens to all flesh, for flesh and blood cannot enter the Kingdom. So that in itself is a mute point. We must be translated into Glory, after the First Born of the dead, Jesus, has done.

Spiritual death is something Jesus talked about, when talking about fearing the One who has the Power to destroy the soul.

Mat 10:28
"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Yes, I know what the word hell means,,geenna. This is taken from a Hebrew word ,,Hinnom, which means valley of lamentations. Did it always mean a garbage dump outside of Jerusalem, when in the times of the OT men sacrificed their kids upon the altars? Same place.

Next question would probably be,,"would God do that to His children", and how could man think up such things. I don't know what happens to those who falsely dealt with His Word's, but I don't think that those who had no knowledge would wind up there. Maybe those who knew the Truth, and were led astray, but even then annihalation would seem probable,,,the 'second death'.

So, like I stated before. There is nothing in scripture to back up UR, even though I do believe ALL will face Him on judgement day, and in order to face Him, you must stand before Him, hense they are alive. Do they remain this way? The Word says no. What saith you?

Old 06-20-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
I think Genesis 3:19 would imply this:

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art , and unto dust shalt thou return.
Now read verse 22 and get back to me.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:30 PM

Technically UR is confirmed, even in the Word. Problem comes after that. ALL stand before the Throne of Glory,,,but the better question is,,,do they remain that way???

Old 06-20-2009, 12:30 PM

Hi HotinAz, Paul speaks of a time when God will become all in all and this is when I believe that there will be no more physical or spiritual death. All will be made alive in all manner of speaking. We can be physically alive and not "alive". We are living in a body of death and many are spiritually dead in this body of death. Many are alive spiritually in this body of death. We are alive because of God, physically, and if we are spiritually alive, this is also because of God. God is everywhere but He is not yet all in all. There are very many scriptures which speak of the eventual restoration of all to God. The creation is to be delivered and changed into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. (Romans 8) God bless.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi HotinAz, Paul speaks of a time when God will become all in all and this is when I believe that there will be no more physical or spiritual death. All will be made alive in all manner of speaking. We can be physically alive and not "alive". We are living in a body of death and many are spiritually dead in this body of death. Many are alive spiritually in this body of death. There are very many scriptures which speak of the eventual restoration of all to God. The creation is to be delivered and changed into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. (Romans 8) God bless.

There are actually very few when considering the Word as a whole. I take the King's Words over the misunderstood words of Paul. I am not saying he is lying, but definately misunderstood by many.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:42 PM

Hi, the very many scriptures which speak of the eventual restoration of all to God as just as valid as all other scriptures. Paul is definitely not lying. He was an apostle of the Lord and what was revealed to Him is to be accepted. Many do seem to misunderstand His words, I agree. God bless.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:45 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,333,548 times
Genesis 3:22

And the Lord God said, 'The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live for ever.'

this verse shows that men have no inherent immortality, they even hadn't it in paradise, otherwise there would have been no need for a tree of life.

the teaching of everlasting torment has the very same problem on this issue, it says sinners will live forever, though in misery, they would live forever.

nowhere says the bible that sinners will live forever, however those who endorse the doctrine of everlasting torment claim so, I believe God will make all men righteous and holy that they can dwell in His presence, this is what I'm convinced of the bible teaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity