U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 11:10 PM

2,933 posts, read 2,135,035 times
By the reasoning in the opening post that this by itself proves no ultimate restoration - it also proves there is no eternal torment.

Did God say if you eat of the tree I will eternally torment you in a place I will make called Hell? NO! The consequences were death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 11:21 PM

11,271 posts, read 8,772,878 times
Amen, Meerkat. God bless.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:20 AM

1,491 posts, read 899,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
By the reasoning in the opening post that this by itself proves no ultimate restoration...
But the reasoning in the OP is fallacious. If "thou shallt suerly die" makes it impossible for God to save even one person then it makes it impossible for anyone to be saved since each and every person dies in Adam by disobeying God and succumbing to "thou shallt surely die". We are raised out from death with Christ. We don't sidestep death.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:45 AM

2,933 posts, read 2,135,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
But the reasoning in the OP is fallacious. If "thou shallt suerly die" makes it impossible for God to save even one person then it makes it impossible for anyone to be saved since each and every person dies in Adam by disobeying God and succumbing to "thou shallt surely die". We are raised out from death with Christ. We don't sidestep death.

Ah yeah .... there is that too

Old 06-19-2009, 04:17 AM

1,686 posts, read 1,720,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
It is for this reason that it became crystal clear to me that Universal Reconciliation is confirmed in Scripture. Indeed, confirmed and identified as a false teaching – the product of Satan himself.

God Bless,

Salt & Light (http://compassoc.com/eph4-13/ - broken link)
Dear St. Paul: please be advised that Salt has confiirmed the Restitution of all things, spoken by God through the mouths of the prophets, from the earliest ages, is a "false teaching", & to make matters more ghastly indeed, "a product of satan."

Quote:
He has made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in heaven and things on earth, to find their one head in Him. And you too, who in Him were made heirs, having been chosen beforehand in accordance with the intention of Him whose might carries out in everything the design of His own will.
By the way, Salt, do you happen to know in your research of the Sacred Word, what the blasphemy of the Holy
Spirit is? I want to assure you that you are dwelling on dangerous ground!

Last edited by Birdy_56; 06-19-2009 at 04:43 AM..

Old 06-19-2009, 04:26 AM

18,950 posts, read 9,027,975 times
After following many discussions centered on Universal Reconciliation I have been seriously contemplating the merit of the doctrine. After much study, contemplation, prayer seeking guidance from the Spirit and further study I have come to the conclusion that Universal Reconciliation is indeed confirmed in Scripture.

Do you actually pray Lord if this teaching is of you i am open to it ? Or did you pray Lord help me to prove universal reconciliation is a false doctrine ?

It's hard to kick against the pricks

Old 06-19-2009, 04:44 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,168,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
After following many discussions centered on Universal Reconciliation I have been seriously contemplating the merit of the doctrine. After much study, contemplation, prayer seeking guidance from the Spirit and further study I have come to the conclusion that Universal Reconciliation is indeed confirmed in Scripture.

Do you actually pray Lord if this teaching is of you i am open to it ? Or did you pray Lord help me to prove universal reconciliation is a false doctrine ?

It's hard to kick against the pricks
John 8:44-47
44"(A)You are of (B)your father the devil, and (C)you want to do the desires of your father (D)He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because (E)there is no truth in him Whenever he speaks a lie, he (F)speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
45"But because (G)I speak the truth, you do not believe Me.
46"Which one of you convicts Me of sin? If (H)I speak truth, why do you not believe Me?
47"(I)He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God."

Old 06-19-2009, 04:45 AM

1,686 posts, read 1,720,841 times
Birdbrain had an old preacher from Colorado post this to me recently.....

Quote:
Universalism is from the Pit.

Dear Saint Paul, please be advised that the restitution of all things is "from the pit." The ta pavnte of Eph. 1 is evidence of how far you have strayed in your understanding of the Glorious One.

"He has made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him. And you too, who in Him were made heirs, having been chosen beforehand in accordance with the intention of Him whose might carries out in everything the design of His own will."

This passage of Canon is regarding the whole of created life, the ta panta, "in the absolute sense of the whole of creation, the all things, the universe, and, everything in heaven and earth that is in need of uniting and redeeming." It is not in the limited sense of "nearly all", "pavnte" minus "ta."

Quote:
You believe the devil is bigger than God. Your God is about one and half inches high and the devil is one and a half feet high. What you need to do is to change gods and change gods quickly." -John G. Lake-

Old 06-19-2009, 04:49 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,168,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post

My journey for the truth wound up in the first book of the Bible, Genesis. Towards the end of the creation account, God created Adam and planted the garden with many trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and evil – Gen. 2: 9.

God then placed Adam in the garden and commanded him “You may surely eat of every tree of the garden, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.” Gen 2: 16-17. Shortly thereafter God created Eve to be Adam’s helpmate.

Eve was confronted by the crafty serpent who said to Eve, “Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?” Successfully planting a seed of doubt in Eve’s mind. Eve then responded to the serpent, "We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden, but God said, ‘You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.’" Gen 3: 1-5.

Obviously the serpent knew God’s command to Adam and knew the consequences that mankind would suffer if Adam & Eve would partake of the fruit - severing their relationship with God. The cunning serpent then helped to germinate the seed of doubt he previously implanted in Eve’s mind when he said, “You will not surely die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

“You will not surely die!” Does this sound familiar when held in the spotlight of Universal Reconciliation? My friend the tenets of Universal Reconciliation are nearly as old as mankind. Satan himself, in an effort to draw mankind away from the relationship with the one most despised by Satan, his own creator, God, successfully hatched the proposal that you surely won’t die.

It is for this reason that it became crystal clear to me that Universal Reconciliation is confirmed in Scripture. Indeed, confirmed and identified as a false teaching – the product of Satan himself.

God Bless,
Salt & Light (http://compassoc.com/eph4-13/ - broken link)
Amen....Salt & Light! Man has not revealed this to you, but our heavenly Father through His Holy Spirit...Keep proclaiming the truth in God's word!
The enemy hates the truth and he will come through many to kill, steal and destroy this truth of God's word your are proclaiming in this thread!!!

Blessings

Old 06-19-2009, 06:16 AM

1,143 posts, read 913,020 times
Quote:
“You will not surely die!”
Quote:
Does this sound familiar when held in the spotlight of Universal Reconciliation? My friend the tenets of Universal Reconciliation are nearly as old as mankind. Satan himself, in an effort to draw mankind away from the relationship with the one most despised by Satan, his own creator, God, successfully hatched the proposal that you surely won’t die.
then you must believe in annihilationism, otherwise you tell the sinners aswell that they will never die, like the serpent did

http://myth-one.com/#MYTHONEINDEX

Last edited by svenM; 06-19-2009 at 07:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity