Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 01:58 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times

Advertisements

Many blessings to all the dads, grand dads and those wonderful men who are a role model for the fatherless children..

I offer this thread for you to pay tribute to the "dad" in your life..

God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generoussoul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,

Then God combined these qualities,
And then there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so, He called it - Dad.

~unknown author~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 02:01 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
God is my father, as I never had an earthly one.

Every day is Father's day!!

Old 06-20-2009, 08:44 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
My Dad had problems with anger..Many times he would quit a job just because of a disagreement..He was very intelligent and a very strict disciplinarian..not only to his children but to our mom..
Yet there was a loving, caring person inside him who would sit up all night tickling, comforting and telling outrageous stories to one of us when we were sick..

As Dad grew older and we began to give him grandbabies, he began to mellow..He learned the basics of love because two of the more loving granddaughters would climb into his lap and demand his love. "Grandpa,I love you, gimme a hug"..from the lips and heart of a child..

He was very independent and hated being ill as he grew ever older and more frail..I loved my dad and made peace with him many years before he passed away..He accepted Christ and faithfully attended the Baptist services in the nursing home for several years before his death..

My last phone conversation I had with him was just hours before his death..The nurse dialed the numbers and he took the phone and said "I love you, always have"..

Love you too Daddy...

Old 06-20-2009, 08:56 PM

23,010 posts, read 34,370,036 times
I was blessed with a wonderful daddy, he was a great Christian, he lived what he taught me.
Happy Fathers Day to all you dads!

Old 06-20-2009, 09:02 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,882,949 times
I know my dad won't read this, but he already knows....
I can never thank him enough for showing me what love means, what a beautiful relationship with your spouse should look like, for giving up so much for his family to have a better life, to be honest, fair, and kind. Happy Father's Day to you dad whom I love and admire.

Now Big T....wow. I fell in love with a beautiful soul and my best friend. I have been fortunate enough to be a part of a marriage full of beauty, love, and laughter. But the icing on the cake, is to watch you as a Dad. You are an incredible father and it makes me fall all the more in love with you. Happy Father's Day Big T.

And to all you other fabulous Father's out there, Happy Father's Day. May you always realize what precious gifts your kids are to you!

Old 06-21-2009, 09:20 AM

302 posts, read 553,501 times
I thank God for my father. He was a good father who faithfully served his family and community; but many children have the disadvantage of having a wicked father. I hope they will be inspired by the children of Korah who overcame the stigma of their wicked father ...

WHO WANTS TO BE A DOORKEEPER?

Old 06-21-2009, 09:59 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times

YouTube - Doxology

Old 06-21-2009, 11:39 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Default Tribute to Dads

Dads baptize their kids.

Dads teach them Christianity.

Dads teach them mathematics.

Dads teach manners.

Dads teach etiquette.

Dads are strict.

Dads instill social discipline.

Dads put up with misbehaving adolescence.

Dads put up with all love affairs of their sons/daughters.

Dads put up with sons who are miscreants too.

Dads mould the careers of their children.

Dads instill will power, perseverance and hard work, with their own example of dealing with debts, mortgages, money management and career focus.

Dads are a bitter pill to swallow.

But, fatherhood is next only to Godhood.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:05 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times
sincerely, to all modern-day daddies...

YouTube - German Ragtime 1920: 'The Dandy' - Sami Stern Orchestra

Old 06-21-2009, 01:20 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times
Happy Fathers day to all!

My father, God bless his heart, is one hard headed man! (LOL) Still refuses to stop driving. I love when he show's up and I'm worried when he leaves. He still brings us a can of "something" once a week.

"Daddy, you don't have to take the drive and bring me that, I can go to the store and get it, please, I worry about you driving especially at night." The response, "Girl hush your mouth, I'm your father and I'm suppose to do that!" My response, "Okay".

This is me and him, back and forth, back and forth. LOVE HIM SO! I always been a daddy's girl. I don't know what I'll do if I lose my daddy.

To you.............YOUR THE GREATEST! Thank you for being my daddy.

Your daughter............Betsey Lane. I could hear him now: "Betsey who?" LOL!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity