Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 08:57 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
We know everyone sins, however Christians fail to mention that when they are running their anti-gay diatribes.

Christians have enough problems in their own communitythey need to fix, before they should even consider bad mouthing gays. Get your high divorce rate down and unwed teen parent population rate under control, work on stopping your teens who have unprotected sex from spreading STDs, then we might consider your opinion on other issues.

Not at all true my friend. We readily acknowledge that we too fall short in every aspect of our lives but that is why Christ died on the Cross for ALL of us, saved and unsaved. The Bible is full of references to sinful actions and how God feels about them and so it behooves us to be mindful of this. However, we must remember too that all of us are human and make mistakes but it is only but His blood shed on the Cross that we are forgiven if we truly repent.

It seems to me though, that even when we approach gay people with the Gospel message and a compassionate heart, that we are maligned and held in contempt. Don't think that you're the only ones who are feeling attacked. Like the old saying goes: don't shoot the messenger.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:14 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
Not at all true my friend. We readily acknowledge that we too fall short in every aspect of our lives but that is why Christ died on the Cross for ALL of us, saved and unsaved. The Bible is full of references to sinful actions and how God feels about them and so it behooves us to be mindful of this. However, we must remember too that all of us are human and make mistakes but it is only but His blood shed on the Cross that we are forgiven if we truly repent.

It seems to me though, that even when we approach gay people with the Gospel message and a compassionate heart, that we are maligned and held in contempt. Don't think that you're the only ones who are feeling attacked. Like the old saying goes: don't shoot the messenger.
I'd suggest you go back and read a the anti-gay posts written by Christians, not one of them mentions their own sins. Christians also fail to mention all sins are considered equal, during their anti-gay rants.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:37 AM

112 posts, read 128,000 times
If there is a God of any kind, why would he create such people who will only get demonized and alienated by others? I'm pro gay marriage, but I do not understand why any God would create another minority that would cause so much debate to an all ready divided world. It is obvious though whether a higher being exists or not that homosexuals aren't pulling a publicity stunt by their sexual orientation. I believe if you think homosexuality is unnatural, you should get a list of every gay person in your city, state, and nation and tell them directly that they are living a lie.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:45 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Progressive" Liberal View Post
If there is a God of any kind, why would he create such people who will only get demonized and alienated by others? I'm pro gay marriage, but I do not understand why any God would create another minority that would cause so much debate to an all ready divided world. It is obvious though whether a higher being exists or not that homosexuals aren't pulling a publicity stunt by their sexual orientation. I believe if you think homosexuality is unnatural, you should get a list of every gay person in your city, state, and nation and tell them directly that they are living a lie.
That is God's sovereign will. God does whatever gives Him the glory.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:47 PM

491 posts, read 925,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
Ok, here is one response. When I was younger (10-11 yrs old), I remember exploring with a friend of mine from school. He initiated the process and although I was hesistant at first, I went along with it. It wasn't long before we realized that this was something neither of us was comfortable with and we were both extremely embarassed about the whole thing. Needless, to say, our friendship dissolved after this time together.
Just like every other awkward sexual experience at that age. This is nothing new, and doesn't say anything about anything.

Quote:
Just as I made a choice to get involved in that situation though, I summarily chose to pursue relations with women only and I have been blessed to be with a wonderful woman who loves me like no other. From a personal standpoint, I remember that time as being disgusting and would rather go home to be with the Lord than to allow myself to enter into a situation like that again.
You are heterosexual. That, and that alone, is the reason you are with a woman. Not because of a sordid same-sex experience, which PLENTY of heterosexuals experience in their youth. You are not "choosing" what you were already attracted and predisposed to.

Quote:
I have nothing but compassion for those who are in those types of relationships though and pray for them quite often, ready to witness if they so desire, even though I understand that they might pretty much tell me what side of the bridge to jump off of.
I don't need your laughable excuse for "compassion" wrapped in a cloak of disdain. You are ignorant, and your "compassion" stems from judgment, which stems from ignorance.

Quote:
BTW, I lived in SF at the time of my experience and have been a Christian for eight years running and continue to grow in my praise and worship of my Lord and Savior!! Blessings.
That doesn't mean anything, and doesn't qualify anything you stated.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Jesus Christ never said a lot of things, yet His Word the Bible states that the homosexual lifestyle is wrong. I am not twisting anything. The Bible is clear on this. And that is why the Bible tells you not to be deceived. 1 Corinthians 6:9 and 10 clearly state that (HOMOSEXUALS) will not inherit the Kingdom of God. Deep down inside, I know the Bible is correct. I don't have to jump through any hoops here. The Bible tells us outright. After almost 59 years on this earth, there is very little I would change. I have the joy of knowing the God of all Creation, and there is joy when one is in service to him, and believes His truth.
I rest my case. You are most certainly jumping through rhetorical hoops, and it's apparent to anyone who chooses to employ logic. I don't know why I waste my time...

Old 06-23-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
No I didn't choose to be attracted to women, I just was. Homosexuality is a sin, plain and simple. We are all prone to some kind of sin or another, for some it's stealing, others it's anger, other it's lying (God hates a lying tongue) etc......doesn't get us off the hook because somehow God made us "this way" we know it's wrong because He gave us a conscience and we fight it, if one truly receives Christ and becomes a new creation, all things have passed away.... then the fruits must be evidence of that change, if you are still a habitual liar then the Holy Spirit did not enter you because then you are making Him a liar and blaspheming His name. One can fall from time to time even have thoughts but they don't love to embrace it like they once did. I hope that answers your question
OK, so if you didn't choose to be attracted to women, what makes you think I chose to be attracted to men? I didn't, I just was. If you didn't make a choice, I didn't make a choice. You cannot have double-standards. Your entire perspective is illogical.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:04 PM

112 posts, read 128,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
That is God's sovereign will. God does whatever gives Him the glory.
So now God wants to become the most popular kid on the block by potentially ruining other people's lives? I thought God loved all of his children and was accepting under all circumstances . God must be a phenomenally selfish being to find glory in creating a group of people while demonizing them during the process.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:36 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I would sure like to know why Christians obsess about this particular sin and ignore the others....Perhaps some sexual therapy would be warranted for some of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
We know everyone sins, however Christians fail to mention that when they are running their anti-gay diatribes.

Christians have enough problems in their own communitythey need to fix, before they should even consider bad mouthing gays. Get your high divorce rate down and unwed teen parent population rate under control, work on stopping your teens who have unprotected sex from spreading STDs, then we might consider your opinion on other issues.
While I don't agree with everything that is being said in this thread, the problem with the two above quotes is that godsavethequeens started this thread, not a Christian. When a homosexual starts a thread shouting God made me this way, on the Christianity board, he needs to be prepared for anything that is said.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:47 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,711 times
Quote:
I don't need your laughable excuse for "compassion" wrapped in a cloak of disdain. You are ignorant, and your "compassion" stems from judgment, which stems from ignorance.
Quote:
That doesn't mean anything, and doesn't qualify anything you stated.
Your responses are typical of people who have no desire to engage in any kind of responsible discussion and whose only reason to be on forums like this is to stir up the pot. I feel very sorry for you, your disdain is all over your sleeve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity