Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2009, 02:09 PM

491 posts, read 923,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I know that I was referring to making sociological terms up for different behaviors. It is nonsense. Where will it stop?

I engage with the opposite sex in a righteous manner. The way God ordained.
You are hysterical.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
Oh, I see. When they were still doing research and there was a "gay gene", it was ok. Now that they have determined otherwise, now they are liars? Go to the APA website and find out for yourself.
You have put your own spin on the findings. At any rate, there is still no reason to believe homosexuality is a disorder, as the APA has pointed out for decades.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:12 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,106,727 times
Quote:
You have put your own spin on the findings. At any rate, there is still no reason to believe homosexuality is a disorder, as the APA has pointed out for decades.
I did nothing of the sort. It was in the news and you're not the only one who is pretty upset. Like I said, it's only science, right?

Old 06-24-2009, 02:14 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,501,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post
You are hysterical.
I don't what that means other than you can not rebut. You are buying into the lies of man, doctrines made up to appease everyone. Sin is sin and the gospel was not designed to appease but confront. That is why most don't like Christians and Jesus said so. We are to go into the world and preach the gospel unfortunately most don't want to hear it because it makes them confront their sin. I beg of you to hear the true gospel, not denominations. Pray and seek Him no matter how difficult the quest because your salvation is in jeopardy.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I don't what that means other than you can not rebut. You are buying into the lies of man, doctrines made up to appease everyone. Sin is sin and the gospel was not designed to appease but confront. That is why most don't like Christians and Jesus said so. We are to go into the world and preach the gospel unfortunately most don't want to hear it because it makes them confront their sin. I beg of you to hear the true gospel, not denominations. Pray and seek Him no matter how difficult the quest because your salvation is in jeopardy.
You are not using logic in any of your arguments, just a bunch religious hogwash that you've learned to use instead of addressing the real issues, believing that that somehow makes up for your inability to communicate a point. I like to save my rational discussions for people who are actually capable of having them. You are not among them.

Yes, you are hysterical. Get help.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:23 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,106,727 times
godsavethequeens: You know, you are attacking us left and right but I don't sense any real listening to what we're saying. You are completely ignoring the fact that we're trying to reach out to you in love but you keep putting us on the defensive. We are just going to have a circular discussion that does nothing to break barriers....is that what you really want here?

Old 06-24-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
I did nothing of the sort. It was in the news and you're not the only one who is pretty upset. Like I said, it's only science, right?
Regardless of what you call it, gays and lesbians are here to stay, and our numbers have been and continue to be consistent. People are gay. It is what it is. We are a minority group and we need protection from hypocritcal people like those on this thread.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
godsavethequeens: You know, you are attacking us left and right but I don't sense any real listening to what we're saying. You are completely ignoring the fact that we're trying to reach out to you in love but you keep putting us on the defensive. We are just going to have a circular discussion that does nothing to break barriers....is that what you really want here?
If you cannot set aside your biases and prejudices and hear what I have to say, and stop interjecting with some contrived religious psycho-babble, then that is what is going to happen. I've lived my life on the defensive because of you people, so don't try and make yourselves out to be victims with this "love" bs. I've heard it all before, and I see right through you.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:30 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,501,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post
You are not using logic in any of your arguments, just a bunch religious hogwash that you've learned to use instead of addressing the real issues, believing that that somehow makes up for your inability to communicate a point. I like to save my rational discussions for people who are actually capable of having them. You are not among them.

Yes, you are hysterical. Get help.
Are you a Christian? Hate to break the news to you but arguing homosexuality is illogical. It has no merit, validity of any kind. The bible makes the most sense; it is sin plain and simple-every person is susceptible to some sin or another. To argue the validity of homosexuality will open the door for every sin not to mention terms for every behavior and that is plain ridiculous. If you want to win your debate then show concrete evidence and not well 5% of the world's population acts this way therefore it must be valid?

What of people who go both ways? bi sexuality, I am told even many gays find that behavior reprehensible. Where is it going to end?

Old 06-24-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Are you a Christian? Hate to break the news to you but arguing homosexuality is illogical. It has no merit, validity of any kind. The bible makes the most sense; it is sin plain and simple-every person is susceptible to some sin or another. To argue the validity of homosexuality will open the door for every sin not to mention terms for every behavior and that is plain ridiculous. If you want to win your debate then show concrete evidence and not well 5% of the world's population acts this way therefore it must valid?

What of people who go both ways? bi sexuality, I am told even many gays find that behavior reprehensible. Where is it going to end?
I've said what I had to say. At this point, you don't exist. I suggest you actually research what sexual orientation is, and at least attempt to approach it with an open mind, to have your questions/concerns resolved.

Good day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity