U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-27-2009, 04:11 PM

18,949 posts, read 8,798,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
The whole preordained plan was for His glory. His nature is getting the glory; everything gives Him the glory. Humanity fell so God could save them
So Gods plan was for man to fall that He could reveal to man(not just the elect) His love for him as a Savior . What other way could man have absolute bold confidence in Him unless they knew Him as an unconditional loving Savior ?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 04:11 PM

1,488 posts, read 883,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Doesn't believing involve a choice? So where's the predestination?
Predestination and choice are compatible.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:13 PM

1,139 posts, read 961,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
Predestination and choice are compatible.
Your choice is predetermined?

Old 06-27-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
This is about fairness. If God showed His "responsibility" whatever that is. If God was being fair to us, if we got what we deserved then we will all go to hell. God is only responsible for getting His glory, following His nature or else He would not be God.
God showed us His glory when Christ died on the cross, laying down His life for all mankind.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:19 PM

18,949 posts, read 8,798,458 times
Fundy why is it about what we deserve ?

I have never dealt with my kids by what they deserve , so how much more our heavenly father . Your conception of God needs to change Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He does not reward us according to our iniquity

Old 06-27-2009, 04:21 PM

8,990 posts, read 8,461,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So Gods plan was for man to fall that He could reveal to man(not just the elect) His love for him as a Savior . What other way could man have absolute bold confidence in Him unless they knew Him as an unconditional loving Savior ?.
True but I believe God game to save only the ones who believe. We have bold confidence in Him because He granted us repentance

Old 06-27-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
Your choice is predetermined?
Yes, a choice can be predetermined by God and yet still be a 100% normal choice according to the person's will.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Fundy why is it about what we deserve ?

I have never dealt with my kids by what they deserve , so how much more our heavenly father . Your conception of God needs to change Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He does not reward us according to our iniquity
I don't know what you are talking or why you are using your children as an example. we are a fallen, perverted, warped creation. God does everything for His glory, not ours

Old 06-27-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
God showed us His glory when Christ died on the cross, laying down His life for all mankind.
I agree but God shows His glory in everything He does.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Yes, a choice can be predetermined by God and yet still be a 100% normal choice according to the person's will.
I sort of agree but how? Personally I don't know how it's possible. Do you believe that one can fight God off, somehow turn from Him when He calls us; when He drags us to Him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity