Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2009, 09:09 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
How long have you been studying Scripture?
Why ? You dont seem to know much about scripture..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 09:17 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Beloved do you hate me ?

Old 06-28-2009, 09:19 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Why ? You dont seem to know much about scripture..
Cause you're arrogant enough to think your even possible fifty years of study, is equal to the two thousand years of study I have backing me up.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
Cause you're arrogant enough to think your even possible fifty years of study, is equal to the two thousand years of study I have backing me up.
You dont know flip about scripture..take this:

2 tim 3:

Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:24 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
If God is omniscient then wouldn't he Know everyone who rejected Him before they were even born? The names were already blotted out before creation began.
Yes, in some sense I think you can say that. This is typified by Esau whom God elected as a vessel of no mercy & wrath & destruction before he was born, before he did or willed anything. Calvinists think they are Jacob but not Esau. They are both. Predestined to be blotted out, predestined to be made alive in Christ, overcome, receive a new name which is in the book of life. Predestined for both "no mercy" and "mercy". Predestined to be called "not my people" and "my people". Otherwise Hosea & Paul (Romans 9) were saying vastly different things, but Paul says they were saying the same thing.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Beloved do you hate me ?
Yes, in a spiritual sense I do..you take the LORDS name in vain ps 139:

20For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.

21Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?

Old 06-28-2009, 11:27 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I said, is you are throwing poetry at me and yes I believe Psalms is the word of God but I don't interpret the same way you do.
Two simple questions Fundamentalist.

1. Do you believe one day every single individual will fear (in reverence) the Lord? (see Rev 15:4)

2. Do you believe God will save those who fear (in reverence) Him? (Psalm 145:19)

Quote:
One day, everyone will bow before Jesus and recognize that He is the Lord and Savior. At that point, though, it is too late for salvation. After death, all that remains for the unbeliever is judgment
You will not find one scripture that says it is too late for salvation after death. Don't confuse judgment or the lake of fire with "eternal torture". God's judgments are much more holy and righteous than that. God's judgments lead the inhabitants of the earth to learn righteousness. The wicked don't learn it by God's grace, so they will learn it by judgment instead (Isaiah 26:9-10). That is the purpose of God's judgment.

That is the good news.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:34 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
Jesus christ did not reconcile the devil and his seed to God..

matt 25:

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

How many times do you really need to post this scripture b57? Do you think it is ignored or something?

You know what is interesting about Matt 25:41? It doesn't specify how long people are thrown into the everlasting fire for. All we know is they are thrown in there, but not what happens next. This verse does not prove eternal punishment at all. And that's not even getting into the translation issues with "everlasting". (Its really the word "eonian").

Furthermore, Matt 25 is speaking about a judgment for works. But salvation is not based on works. So this judgment described here has nothing to do with salvation!

Maybe you could address Eph 1:10 like Shana pointed out. It is God's plan to unify all things under one head and submit them to Christ. That includes the every one. But I already know your answer. The "all things" in Eph 1:10 is only talking about the "elect".

Be at peace b57...

Old 06-28-2009, 11:35 AM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Amen, legoman. God bless.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:36 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,607 times
Quote:
You dont know flip about scripture..take this:

2 tim 3:

Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
You might want read that yourself, cause you are the one who thinks that they know everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity