Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2009, 03:25 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I did answer your question. I believe God could have demonstrated that if it gave Him the glory. He does what gives Him the glory.

You are under the mistaken notion that first and foremost I believe God died for us because He loved us, I believe that but that is a bi product. God does everything for His glory. He chose to have us, He doesn't need us; He has fulfillment in the Trinity but He came up with this preordained plan that He created man, man falls God comes in and saves man and the creation thus getting all the glory.
I believe God could have demonstrated that ?
Fundy i do not get that

I will also give you a clue about the fall of man it was very much to do with God showing man His creation that He loved him . Greater love as no man .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 03:27 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I believe God could have demonstrated that ?
Fundy i do not get that
God could demonstrate anything that gives Him the glory. I believe that is the highest form of His glory for what He did for the ones who believe.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:31 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
How about this? Imagine you are in a crowd of 100 strangers on the street and you decide to give 25 people out that 100 $50.00 each. Are you being unfair to the other 75 people? Do the other 75 people have a right to call you unfair? Did the 25 people who you gave the money to deserve it?
The difference is that you have no control over the 75 people that have no money, God, on the other hand, made everything - God did not just stumble upon the situation that all is destined to hell and then elect some not to go to the hell.

God created everything so what HE created is his responsibility.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
The difference is that you have no control over the 75 people that have no money, God, on the other hand, made everything - God did not just stumble upon the situation that all is destined to hell and then elect some not to go to the hell.

God created everything so what HE created is his responsibility.
This is about fairness. If God showed His "responsibility" whatever that is. If God was being fair to us, if we got what we deserved then we will all go to hell. God is only responsible for getting His glory, following His nature or else He would not be God.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:41 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
God could demonstrate anything that gives Him the glory. I believe that is the highest form of His glory for what He did for the ones who believe.
What is His highest form of glory ? I do not get what you are saying

What i want to know is the purpose behind the fall of man because there was one , because it was not an accident that caught God by suprise.It had nothing to do with His glory although He was glorified through it.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What is His highest form of glory ? I do not get what you are saying

What i want to know is the purpose behind the fall of man because there was one , because it was not an accident that caught God by suprise.It had nothing to do with His glory although He was glorified through it.
The whole preordained plan was for His glory. His nature is getting the glory; everything gives Him the glory. Humanity fell so God could save them

Old 06-27-2009, 03:48 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
This is about fairness. If God showed His "responsibility" whatever that is. If God was being fair to us, if we got what we deserved then we will all go to hell. God is only responsible for getting His glory, following His nature or else He would be God.
In Genesis the option was do not eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil (not just evil) "In the day" that you do "you will die"

Nothing about eternal torment.

We as "finite" human beings born into the world without our consent do NOT deserve "eternal" torment in hell.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
In Genesis the option was do not eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil (not just evil) "In the day" that you do "you will die"

Nothing about eternal torment.

We as "finite" human beings born into the world without our consent do do deserve "eternal" torment in hell.
This thread is about predestination. I see in scripture God chose those who go to heaven.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:52 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,632,130 times
Quote:
Sorry but scipture doesn't say He saves all, He saves all who believe, if you believe then you are ok. He saves us not we so why aren't all saved?
Doesn't believing involve a choice? So where's the predestination?

Old 06-27-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Doesn't believing involve a choice? So where's the predestination?
We do have a "choice" but not what we believe. How can one believe unless God granted them repentance? If you received the gospel and you beleieve then why hasn't your other friends who heard the gospel but didn't believe? What separates you from them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity