Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 09:16 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,390,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I never said that. I believe it is grace alone but it is a qualification. James says, faith without works is dead; works demonstrates that you truly have faith. True Christians believe in God because they were given the gift of faith in order to believe.
There is no obedience of the sinner required for salvation, they are Justified soley by the obdience of one..Jesus christ..

rom 5:

unto justification of life.
19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 09:19 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
There is no obedience of the sinner required for salvation, they are Justified soley by the obdience of one..Jesus christ..

rom 5:

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
again I never said that. I agree with what you are saying it's just that you are wording yours different. To be in this forum you must learn to see these things so it will lead to less confusion.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:19 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,942,760 times
Quote:

rom 5:

So, are you saying that one can continue to willfully sin and retain their salvation?

Old 06-22-2009, 10:33 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
So, are you saying that one can continue to willfully sin and retain their salvation?
I know this was not directed at me but since I agreed with beloved I have to define my belief based on His response if different.

I believe in once saved always saved, that when God saves us, He changes us, we become a new creation; all things have passed away. We could never go back to the world and live in the darkness of ignorance again-our life is no longer ours. We don't sin anymore meaning we hate sin, we hate what it does to us and Him.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 06-22-2009 at 10:46 AM..

Old 06-22-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post

I am saying this:

rom 5:

Old 06-22-2009, 11:16 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
Which is to be believed , the entire word of God, or just that which pleases some???
Simple The will of God

Old 06-22-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
again I never said that. I agree with what you are saying it's just that you are wording yours different. To be in this forum you must learn to see these things so it will lead to less confusion.
What are you talking about ? either you understand salvation or you dont, you know what christ accomplished and for whom or you dont..

Old 06-22-2009, 11:19 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times
Quote:
I already read it..it actually proves my point, and that is men and women of any race, in this case jewish, are of the offspring of the devil..
No if you read it in context He is saying i know you are Abraham's seed but you are also of your father the devil. It's crystal clear .

Old 06-22-2009, 11:20 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,942,760 times
Quote:
I know this was not directed at me but since I agreed with beloved I have to define my belief based on His response if different.

I believe in once saved always saved, that when God saves us, He changes us, we become a new creation; all things have passed away. We could never go back to the world and live in the darkness of ignorance again-our life is no longer ours. We don't sin anymore meaning we hate sin, we hate what it does to us and Him.
So, why did Demas turn back? He forsook Paul, and the Lord, having loved this present world. And, please don't tell me that he was never saved.

Judas was saved at one time too. You can't have Jesus' power to heal and cast out devils if you are not saved at that moment in time.

But, anyone can turn back at anytime. It's free will.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
So, why did Demas turn back? He forsook Paul, and the Lord, having loved this present world. And, please don't tell me that he was never saved.
He wasnt saved if his apostacy was final..demas wasnt the only one that left the ranks of believers..jn said:

1 jn 2:

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

evidently demas was not given faith by God or else this would have been true of him:

1 jn 5:

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

demas simply was not born again..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity