Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 06:04 PM

63,768 posts, read 40,030,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Yes it is..

lk 18:

And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
Luke 18:7 (King James Version)

7And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Considering the bolded portion so repeatedly misinterpreted in scripture as a reference to special people meeting some test of "Christian-ness."

ekdikēsis autos eklektos poieō

This is a compound phrase employing ekdikēsis (noun)"requital" . . . autos (pronoun) "himself" . . . eklektos (adjective)"chosen". . . poieō (verb) "make."

The only NOUN in the phrase is requital (erroneously translated as the verb "avenge" . . . definitely NOT a noun.) The "chosen" in the phrase is an ADJECTIVE . . . not a noun.

Eliminating the biased view of a punishing God, in our language we might more accurately say

"And shall not God determine what compensation God himself chooses to make " . . .

It definitely doesn't refer to any group ("chosen" . . a noun) with special privileges or status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 06:07 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Yet the anti-Christ is of man...
How can this be!!!!!!!! Can a man enter into his mothers womb a second time ?

Oh i see what's born of the flesh is flesh ,what's born of the spirit is spirit.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:58 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,901,994 times
Quote:
Yes, I have given my understanding of how the serpents seed is generated into physical beings..if not here is my post again..

Yahoo! Groups
"Now knowing this, its ludacris for people who supposedly believe Gods word, cant see or understand why this is [child birth] the perfect avenue for satans seed to be propogated, in that, both elect and non elect are shapen in iniquity, and conceived in sin, in the First place..as though thats not enough to constitiute one as the seed of the serpent.."

It seems to me that other posts I have read from you do not line up with what you wrote above.

You said:
1. both elect and non elect are shapen in iniquity, and conceived in sin,
2. as though thats not enough to constitiute one as the seed of the serpent..

By thats I can only understand you to mean:
- being shapen in iniquity
- being conceived in sin

So your statement reads "as though being shapen in iniquty and conceived in sin is not enough to constitiute one as the seed of the serpent.." And since both elect and non elect were shapen in iniquity and conceived in sin, that would imply that elect were once constituted as Satan's seed. Yet elsewhere you said God never had any intention of saving Satan's seed.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:01 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
"Now knowing this, its ludacris for people who supposedly believe Gods word, cant see or understand why this is [child birth] the perfect avenue for satans seed to be propogated, in that, both elect and non elect are shapen in iniquity, and conceived in sin, in the First place..as though thats not enough to constitiute one as the seed of the serpent.."

It seems to me that other posts I have read from you do not line up with what you wrote above.

Let me explain how I understnad your above quote.

You said:
1. both elect and non elect are shapen in iniquity, and conceived in sin,
2. as though thats not enough to constitiute one as the seed of the serpent..

By thats I can only understand you to mean:
- being shapen in iniquity
- being conceived in sin

So your statement reads "as though being shapen in iniquty and conceived in sin is not enough to constitiute one as the seed of the serpent.." And since you said both the elect and non elect were shapen in iniquity and conceived in sin, that would imply that elect were once constituted as Satan's seed. Yet elsewhere you said God never had any intention of saving Satan's seed.
And he said i have rejected God because i reject this absurdity lol

Old 06-22-2009, 07:07 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,901,994 times
Quote:
The believers flesh / body though sinful belongs to God and is being preserved unto the day of redemption..

being born flesh doesnt make one a child of the devil..adam, a child of God was made of flesh, he was sinful, but he wasnt of the seed of the devil..
Flesh often refers to the carnal mind as opposed to literal flesh since the carnal mind is obsessed with satisfying the literal flesh. It is the carnal mind that is at enmity with God. The seed of Christ is in people with literal flesh.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:02 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,390,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
Flesh often refers to the carnal mind as opposed to literal flesh since the carnal mind is obsessed with satisfying the literal flesh. It is the carnal mind that is at enmity with God. The seed of Christ is in people with literal flesh.
rabbit trail..

Old 06-23-2009, 11:05 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,390,140 times
Quote:
Thats because your confused..and in darkness, nothing of the truth will ever line up in your mind unti and if you become born again..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity