Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 08:03 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Jesus didnt propitate God for the sins of the devil and his seed..so 1 jn 2 2 has still limitations..

I already explained it once, you reject it obviously, so be it..and if want to see my explanation again, then use the my posts function..
I'm done with you Beloved you seem to be arguing with yourself .You have not explained one iota of the truth of the scripture , all you have done is twist it into saying something it does not say, you haven't even exaggerated it or even stretched it to say something different, you have completely changed what it says .

Then we wonder why we have so many mistranslated bibles this is living proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 09:52 AM

193 posts, read 289,146 times
I just can't believe people can take words like All, and whole world and make them into exclusive little groups.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:58 AM

I can't believe that all in the English language means something different to the all in the bible .

Old 06-24-2009, 11:12 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,754,932 times
I can't believe people don't (want) to realize that the scriptures were generally written by Hebrews, not Greeks! That Greek and Hebrew are generally NOT compatible languages regarding intent and meaning of their words. There are typically 3 meanings to a Hebrew word all based on context, where as Greek is a "literal" language. So it leaves limitless possibilities to misinterpret scripture (and believe me it has been sorely). The Messiah was a Hebrew and a Jew (as were the Talmadim (apostles) and they taught from a Hebraic mindset I can assure you. The Messiah had a Hebrew name (guess what there's NO J in Hebrew) and did NOT teach against the Torah, which HE knew and followed perfectly HIS entire life. HE always deferred to the Father, from whom ALL power came. Just read Yochanan (John) 5:24 HE said "If you believe in the ONE WHO SENT ME"....now hmmm who could that be....oh yeah...non other than YHVH (GOD) HIMSELF.....you would have eternal life and not fall under judgement. What a concept eh? Grace isn't new, it was there from the beginning. We have ALL ALWAYS lived under HIS grace indeed. It is NOT new. Xtians invented all kinds of new concepts that were NO part of scripture. They spiritualize it all up from misconceptions and misinterpretations. Geez folks get back to your Hebrew roots and stand as a member of the commonwealth of Israel grafted into the Olive Branch. The Messiah highly encouraged it so I can also highly endorse it as well that's for sure. Once again HE is coming back for the "Lost Sheep of the House of Israel".....I would suggest you BE one of them....

Old 06-24-2009, 11:16 AM

I think you will fing the New Testament was written in Greek

Old 06-24-2009, 11:38 AM

Sorry to inform you that more and more of the so called "new testament" letters have been found in Hebrew/Aramaic via the Dead Sea Scrolls and a few other sources in the last 20 years. There may not be a LOT of public exposure on this subject but if you do a Google you'll probably have no problem finding it. I have seen Mattityahu (Matthew) and Hebrews in the Hebrew and Aramaic, more to come no doubt. It just makes perfect sense. All you're reading is the rehashed and re scribed greco roman versions of the originals

Old 06-24-2009, 11:41 AM

Actually you will find the original text matches the Greek scrolls

Old 06-24-2009, 01:51 PM

newsflash.....the scrolls weren't in Greek.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:25 PM

Breaking news they are !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dead Sea scrolls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-24-2009, 02:32 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,559,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
newsflash.....the scrolls weren't in Greek.
The vast majority of the Dead Sea Scrolls were simply copies of books of the Old Testament
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity