Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 06:13 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,390,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Amen!

It really is good news for ALL PEOPLE, just like Luke 2:10 says. We couldn't really call it good news if when you get to heaven you find your great grandma is burning for all eternity.

Legoman checking in...
Its good news for all sorts of people..God has no good news for the devil and his children..this is what He has for them, this news Matt 25:

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 06:34 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
You mean you will go with your non understanding of scripture..
I certainly am not obligated to believe yours.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:49 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times
Quote:
I will go with the reconciliation of all things stated in scripture, thanks for your input.
Amen. God bless.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:50 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,800 times
When someone presents a view of scripture claiming it is truth and everyone who disagrees is rejecting God because they hold the absolute truth, they always fail to apply their logic to their own claimed truth first. If the believer makes the claim that God being all in all, or God reconciling all things leaves something out, then there are scriptures that prevent their claims from providing the security they assert to have themselves.

For if it is Gods will that anyone be in denial then the person making the claim cannot defend against Gods will having them in denial also. For the very nature of denial and deception is that they will not believe that they are so they will state they are not.

A believer claiming to be Gods messenger and claiming to be a servant and claiming to be doing Gods will cannot prove that they will not hear the words of the following scriptures. They can only make a "claim" that it is not so, and if they are in denial or being deceived, then of course, they will not know it.

Mt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So the issue is really, the character of God concerning his creation. I will gladly stand before any God and stand subject for overestimating it's love.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:07 PM

170 posts, read 198,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
When someone presents a view of scripture claiming it is truth and everyone who disagrees is rejecting God because they hold the absolute truth, they always fail to apply their logic to their own claimed truth first. If the believer makes the claim that God being all in all, or God reconciling all things leaves something out, then there are scriptures that prevent their claims from providing the security they assert to have themselves.

For if it is Gods will that anyone be in denial then the person making the claim cannot defend against Gods will having them in denial also. For the very nature of denial and deception is that they will not believe that they are so they will state they are not.

A believer claiming to be Gods messenger and claiming to be a servant and claiming to be doing Gods will cannot prove that they will not hear the words of the following scriptures. They can only make a "claim" that it is not so, and if they are in denial or being deceived, then of course, they will not know it.

Mt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So the issue is really, the character of God concerning his creation. I will gladly stand before any God and stand subject for overestimating it's love.
In an earlier post on this thread it is stated that a doctrine can be proved by one scripture verse, i.e the one in Colossians ch:1 which says God will reconcile all things [not all persons] but this way of proving doctrine is false.
Protestants have always believed that scripture must be weighed one against another to arrive at the correct interpretation.
The scriptures that warn of eternal punishment are too many to be ignored in favour of only one scripture and that one in Colossians does not teach that God will reconcile all persons but all things to Himself.
It simply is not love to withold the warnings of God from people, it is not love give false assurances to people.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:12 PM

Hi, people are included in the all things of creation. We are the ones who need to be reconciled to God, having been His enemies.

16 for in Him were created the whole (ta panta), the things in the heavens and the things upon the earth – the visible and the unseen, whether thrones, whether lordships, whether sovereignties, whether authorities, the whole (ta panta) through Him and in Him have been created.

Colossians 1:15-20
15. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.16. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him.17. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.18. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.19. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him,20. and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.

John 1:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend[a] it

The word which has been translated as "eternal" in some translations in reference to punishment is aionios and means of or relating to an age. God bless.

God bless.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:20 PM

988 posts, read 1,902,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Jesus Christ is the Savior of all mankind and will accomplish his purpose 100%. Good news, my spirit is free and I walk in a new light to share with others.

Just curious - Is your spirit free to sin?

HK

Old 06-23-2009, 07:30 PM

170 posts, read 198,825 times
To include persons in all "things" is your personal interpretation, since other scriptures clearly teach that some will be banished forever from God's presence your interpretation cannot be correct.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:32 PM

Hi The Totton Linnet, there are many scriptures which speak of the reconciliation of all to God. Those who are banished will eventually be restored to Him according to many scriptures. God bless.

16 for in Him were created the whole (ta panta), the things in the heavens and the things upon the earth – the visible and the unseen, whether thrones, whether lordships, whether sovereignties, whether authorities, the whole (ta panta) through Him and in Him have been created.

Colossians 1:15-20
15. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.16. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him.17. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.18. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.19. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him,20. and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.

John 1:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend[a] it

Old 06-23-2009, 07:35 PM

Colossians 1: 19 For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, 20 and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.
21 And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled 22 in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight— 23 if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard..

God bless.

*all=pas=men, points, things
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity