Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 09:33 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,201 times

Advertisements

They burn forever...and ever and ever.

The total length of time the Lost burn in hell is the same as the amount of time the saved are safe in God's arms....(that would be forever)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 10:27 AM

14,880 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Quote:
So what happens after the "non-eternal" fire? The reconciliation and restitution of all things (Col 1:20, Acts 3:21).

If you really want to understand, you will have to do a lot of studying.

This article on Mercifultruth is a good place to start. Also tentmaker has a lot of good articles. Don't worry, it is all based on scripture.

Pray for understanding - God will give it to you if you ask.
Thanks for sharing, legoman. God bless.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,882 times
You MUST read the entire bible on redemption. Taking a scripture out and expounding on it is foolish because it can be interpreted in any way that you wish and other scriptures will support your personal claim, no matter what your interpretation is. However, when you read the entire bible and meditate on all of the scripture, the picture becomes very clear. You can not look at a part of a picture and be correct of what that picture is. It is like looking down a paper towel tube at life. In short....Yes the mercy of God is renewed every day and the Lord will forgive all sin if we confess it to him. There are conditions to every aspect of our life in Christ Meet those conditions, and you will have no need of questions and experience no confusion. Listen.....Read the bible and study it. The Holy Ghost will reveal many things to you. He promised this and he will keep his promise. Let other contend, but you read and study the bible and I promise that the Lord will reveal the truth to you.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:34 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post

You question is a little misleading because basically you answered your own question
. If you believed in once saved always saved then you believe that individual becomes a new creation in Christ, all things have passed away, we stop sinning that doesn't mean we are perfect but that we don't embrace sin anymore, we hate sin and we hate what it does to our relationship with the Father, anyone described as this IS a Christian. They repented and put their trust in Christ and the Holy Spirit dwells in them. If people are still living the same way before they claimed to be saved then that person obviously is demonstrating that the Holy Spirit does not dwell in them therefore they are not saved. It is not a matter of a person knowing Jesus. The true matter, the million dollar questions is, Does Jesus know that person?

(Matthew 7:22-23) 22"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'
23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

I never knew you, as in those whose names were not written in the Book before the foundation of the world...

Old 08-07-2013, 12:54 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
I can remember, when I was younger (child, teenage age - can't remember) I sometimes thought about Matthew 21:31, the German translation (Luther) has:

Wer von den beiden hat des Vaters Willen getan? Sie antworteten: Der erste. Jesus sprach zu ihnen: Wahrlich, ich sage euch: Die Zoellner und Huren kommen eher ins Reich Gottes als ihr.

"eher" in German can mean both earlier or more probably, I often asked myself if it means earlier, would it mean all will be enter God's kingdom finally? I checked this verse recently and it actually means something like earlier, proagousin in Greek, something like "to precede"

the KJV has:

Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

As I said, as a child I thought this would imply very much that finally all enter God's kingdom, the harlots before the Pharisees, but the Pharisees finally at last.

[I posted this earlier in another forum, it might fit here, maybe it helps you]
Yes this is how I see it too.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:17 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
They burn forever...and ever and ever.
The total length of time the Lost burn in hell is the same as the amount of time the saved are safe in God's arms....(that would be forever)
Are you saying Jesus was burning while Jesus was in the Bible's hell ?_______- Acts 2 vs 27,31; Psalm 16 v 10
What verses do you have in mind that teach burn forever ?
Doesn't Psalm 92 v 7 say destroyed forever ?
Didn't Jesus teach those who don't gain everlasting life will 'perish' [ perish as meaning be destroyed ] at John 3 v 16 B ?
Doesn't 2nd Peter 3 v 9 also give the choice between repenting and 'perish ' [ [be destroyed ]

Old 08-07-2013, 02:23 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I never knew you, as in those whose names were not written in the Book before the foundation of the world...
The 'founding of the world' is Not the founding of earth, but the founding of the ' world of mankind ' starting with righteous Abel - Matthew 23 v 35

Those becoming unfaithful can have their names 'blotted out' or 'wiped out' of the book of life.
- Exodus 32 vs 32,33; Psalm 69 v 28; Hebrews 6 vs 4-6

Old 12-05-2014, 02:10 AM

5 posts, read 4,760 times
Default ....eternal life is given....

...hi...i just read 8 pages of this discussion....and the issue is that you all believe that we have immortal souls....this is a lie....we die...and cease to exist...death....yes, this is the wages of sin....the ending of all things
..yes, this is what Jesus came to save us from...extinction...Jesus, who is god the father...came to give us everlasting life....thru his death and resurrection...he conquered sin and death...if one DOES NOT believe he inherits nothing...he is punished, and cast into the lake of fire and burns until Jesus deems it is time to burn up and cease to exist...the consuming fire....and burn baby burn....absolutely FOUL...lacking any compassion love or truth...n i rebuke you....furthermore....for one to claim that only their body dies....but their true self...their soul...escapes death...and lives forever either in heaven or hell....DENIES THAT YOU ARE A SINNER....if ur soul cannot die....ur soul or you did not sin....adam and eve were kicked out of the garden not because they disobeyed, although their disobedience lead to them being kicked out and brought the curse upon all of us......they were kicked because, god did not want them to now...after becoming like god, and sinning...to kno good and evil...god did not want them to reach forth their hand...and eat of the tree of life and live forever....we were created from dust...and to dust we will return....and Jesus is GOD....God came as the son....and returns as the Father....God came as a servent and will return as the King.....God came as the lamb and will return as the lion....n who of us ever quit sinning....WHO....NONE OF US EVER DID OR WOULD....we died with Jesus on the cross...and that man...that old sinner...is dead and gone...and we are the very righteousness of god himself...Jesus chose us...YOU AND ME...to be born of him...against our wills....our salvation DOES NOT DEPEND ON WHETHER OR NOT WE SIN....it is NOT the only fruit....if a true believer sins...lives in sin....or dies in sin...his salvation is not on the line....our father will chastise us...discipline us....even scourge us....he judges us, so we are not condemned with the world...and if we do not submit to his authority and resist the devil...he may smite us from the earth...this is sinning unto death...but salvation is not question...if this is true than the work of christ is in question....FOUL...we are saved by grace...not by the will of man...or the will of flesh...but by the will of god...and he is faithful....he chose us in him....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity