Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 02:17 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I believe it is towards me. I hold to most Calvinist doctrines of interpreting the doctrine of grace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 02:18 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,559,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
So if God decides to burn you in fire for eternity you are OK with it? That would be right and just?
UHHHHHH. No way! Jose not in the fallen state I am in but if I do I will realize I belong there because I know I don't belong in heaven. I won't be happy I am there but I will have no one to blame but myself just like the rich man in the parable.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Hi pcamps, was this directed at me? Just so you know, I am not a Calvinist

Jon Edwards had a "interesting" (TWISTED) view of heaven eh? Everyone sitting up in heaven have a great old time laughing at all the people being tortured in hell... sheesh. I'm quite certain Jon Edwards was NOT elect, unless he had a change of heart later in life...
Sorry legoman i know without doubt you are not , my apologies. As for Fundy

Old 06-24-2009, 02:20 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are not ? lol
LOL not last time I checked...

No I'm not a Calvinist... (assuming this is directed at me - having trouble following the flow on this forum as I'm knew to it).

Pcamp, I think you and I are somewhat on the same page doctrinely.

God is the savior of ALL men (1 Tim 4:10), and He will have all men to be saved (1 Tim 2:4).

But he is calling out a chosen few, right now in this life. This is the elect. They will have the honor of bringing in the rest of the harvest after the resurrection. Reread my OP and Eph 1:9-10.

Forgive me if I have totally confused you.

Peace...

Old 06-24-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Sorry legoman i know without doubt you are not , my apologies. As for Fundy
none taken. I am "solas scriptura" I can only go where scripture leads me.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
UHHHHHH. No way! Jose not in the fallen state I am in but if I do I will realize I belong there, I won't be happy I am there but I will have no one to blame but myself just like the rich man in the parable.

Sorry Fundy, I don't mean to press, but I guess at least you answered honestly according to your beliefs.

As you probably know I don't believe God would send you (or anyone) into fire for eternity, whether you are elect or not.

But I am curious why you say we have to wait until the resurrection to understand God's plan, when he plainly tells us His plan in Eph 1:9-10!

Its the same plan outlined in Col 1:20. He is going to unify all things and bring them under the head of Christ! All will be in unity (one). In that way God will be all in all (1 Cor 15:28). Part of this is that all people are made alive, in Christ, and all will be obedient to God. All will be saved!

So the mystery of God's will has been revealed in His word! We only have to read it and believe it. But perhaps only the elect will understand this right now (in this life).

Peace...

Old 06-24-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Sorry Fundy, I don't mean to press, but I guess at least you answered honestly according to your beliefs.

As you probably know I don't believe God would send you (or anyone) into fire for eternity, whether you are elect or not.

But I am curious why you say we have to wait until the resurrection to understand God's plan, when he plainly tells us His plan in Eph 1:9-10!

Its the same plan outlined in Col 1:20. He is going to unify all things and bring them under the head of Christ! All will be in unity (one). In that way God will be all in all (1 Cor 15:28). Part of this is that all people are made alive, in Christ, and all will be obedient to God. All will be saved!

So the mystery of God's will has been revealed in His word! We only have to read it and believe it. But perhaps only the elect will understand this right now (in this life).

Peace...
So you say you fully understand. Then tell me what is the process of how pedophiles, murderers etc..... unrepentant in their heart is going to reconcile with God who they wanted nothing of in their lifetime? Remember the bible says, unless you repent and believe you will be saved.

so how is all of mankind going to be saved if they don't repent and believe? what exactly is the process?

Old 06-24-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
So you say you fully understand. Then tell me what is the process of how pedophiles, murderers etc..... unrepentant in their heart is going to reconcile with God who they wanted nothing of in their lifetime? Remember the bible says, unless you repent and believe you will be saved.

so how is all of mankind going to be saved if they don't repent and believe? what exactly is the process?
No I don't say I FULLY understand everything. But I understand enough to read Eph 1:10 and Col 1:20 which says God will unify and reconclie all things through Christ.

What you are asking is for all the specific details of how it will be done for each unrepentant person. Only God knows that.

What I know is that they will all turn from their ways, turn to Christ and repent. Seems kind of obvious they will believe in Christ when they are bowing and confessing HIS NAME, don't you think? One cannot confess that Christ is their Lord and savior, unless they BELIEVE it....

Read Isa 45:23, Romans 14:11, Phil 2:9-11. Everyone bows and confesses. This is no forced confession. Isa 45 describes it as "swearing allegiance" - an oath of loyalty. The word for "confess" in Phil 2:9-11 refers to a "joyful, celebration of praise, acknowledgment".

EVERYONE will joyfully acknowledge Christ! They will all be saved because that is what God said he will do - He will have all men to be saved (1 Tim 2:4), and they all will be when they all bow and confess to him.

Its not really that complicated.

Now if you want to get into the details - how will Hitler be reconciled exactly, etc. I don't know. But I think God can handle it, because He has already said it will happen. I tend to believe the words of God.

Peace...

Old 06-24-2009, 02:54 PM

You said

Quote:
So the mystery of God's will has been revealed in His word! We only have to read it and believe it.
I would love to know how people who don't repent are saved. I know God can do anything but God won't contradict Himself.

We come back at that, the end game based on what I consider a misinterpretation of scripture, not to mention taking verses of the elect and saying everyone, that passages do not say every person in the planet are saved. That is a huge stretch to get there. people in hell will give God the glory. Everything gives God the glory.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
You said

I would love to know how people who don't repent are saved. I know God can do anything but God won't contradict Himself.

We come back at that, the end game based on what I consider a misinterpretation of scripture, not to mention taking verses of the elect and saying everyone, that passages do not say every person in the planet are saved. That is a huge stretch to get there. people in hell will give God the glory. Everything gives God the glory.
By grace you are saved through faith Ephesians 2 verse 8.
Faith in what ? His redeeming love that will cause you to repent .

What love ?

God demonstrated His love towards us while we yet sinners!!!!!

He loved us before we even knew what repentence meant .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity