Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 07:25 PM

257 posts, read 443,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You stated

The phrase eternal damnation does not appear in the verse you quoted above so it is not clear that it means that.
So then you do not see a difference between spiritual death and spiritual life.

I know there is a huge difference. I know that spiritual death and eternal damnation are the same thing. Universalist try not to concern themselves with the two spiritual states because they mistakingly have convinced themselves that ultimately all will end well for all. Like Dorthy simply clicking her heals together three times and saying there is no place like home, and bam, she's there. They have created a fairy tale theology for those looking for an irresponsible, make believe way out of sin, that frees them from the persecutions and hardships of the cross.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 07:26 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
By not doing His work????? This statement vindicates what i am saying .

8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

It is God that works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.

The moment you think you can do anything for God you bring yourself under the law , because it is not of works less any man boast.

Where in the scripture is there any resemblance to that quote ?.

You cannot be under grace if you think you can do anything for God.

If you think you can, you have alienated yourself from God in your mind .

Paul touched on the same thing in his epistle to the Galatian believers when they moved from Grace to the law (It is possible for believers to move from grace to law)
Who is talking about the Law? I am talking about what we as Christians are REQUIRED to do, while we yet remain in the flesh. Does God NEED us to do anything FOR Him? No, for He is God. It is out of OUR LOVE FOR HIM, we continue to FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT. And as far as 'works' go? Read the ENITRE epistle of James to explain it better than I could. But I will give you a single yet impactful verse to help clear it up, ok? Unless you don't believe James.

James 2:20
But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?

Old 06-25-2009, 07:33 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Who is talking about the Law? I am talking about what we as Christians are REQUIRED to do, while we yet remain in the flesh. Does God NEED us to do anything FOR Him? No, for He is God. It is out of OUR LOVE FOR HIM, we continue to FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT. And as far as 'works' go? Read the ENITRE epistle of James to explain it better than I could. But I will give you a single yet impactful verse to help clear it up, ok? Unless you don't believe James.

James 2:20
But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?
Faith without works is dead .

It is God that works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure .

Please tell me what part of this you do not understand .

God requires ????????????????

He as shown you o man what is good and what does the Lord require of you but to act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly .Micah 6 v 8

Apart from you me you can do nothing John 15

Old 06-25-2009, 07:49 PM

I said:
Quote:
Did you know that by not doing His work, you are working against Him, or ANTI to Him? Did you know that our endurance, including working for Him, to the END, is the evidence of our Love FOR Him, and this is what He was talking about?
and then you wrote:
Quote:
Where in the scripture is there any resemblance to that quote ?.

Matthew 7:20
"So then, you will know them by their fruits.
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven.

What is the Father's will that WE CAN DO??
What about the judgement itself??

Rev 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Now, even though this is as clear as one could possibly make it, the UR's out there say this is only phase 1 of the overall plan for salvation. That there is another phase, or age, or whatever you wish it to be. Now what side of the fence would anyone want to be on, on this topic?

Anyone for gambling with their salvation out there, so you could live your life in this carnal sinful state and take your chances maybe in the next phase? I know I won't, nor teach that it is even possible, because it isn't.

And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this judgment, so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

Does once mean once?

1) once, one time
2) once for all

Yep.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:53 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,547,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
There are translations that do not even contain the phrases "eternal damnation" or "everlasting punishment".

I am fully aware of all the debates over translations and word issues, and people are more than free to engage in all of those in seeking what may be correct.

But it simply is not true that it is so clear as you say.

Who is the author of those translations???

Old 06-25-2009, 07:55 PM

Yes by their fruits you shall know them now go and read John chapter 15

As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

You see to abide is to be connected , how ? by relationship .

Depart from me you workers of iniquity for i never knew you (never had a relationship with you).

I would love to hear from you about all the works you are doing .

Old 06-25-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Faith without works is dead .
Isn't that what I have been saying???

Jam 2:26For just as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

Quote:
It is God that works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure .
So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for {His} good pleasure.

Which means what to YOU exactly?

Quote:
Please tell me what part of this you do not understand .
Nothing, as I understand it. What part do you not understand??

Quote:
God requires ????????????????
YOUR LIFE!

Quote:
He as shown you o man what is good and what does the Lord require of you but to act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly .Micah 6 v 8
Works?

Quote:
Apart from you me you can do nothing John 15
Agreed.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Yes by their fruits you shall know them now go and read John chapter 15.
I don't need to, as I know what it says.

Quote:
As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
Yes, which means there is no second chances pcamps.

"If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned.

But I am sure you will TWIST this to your own satisfaction, when it reads plain and simple.

Quote:
You see to abide is to be connected , how ? by relationship .
To be connected is through the Blood, and relationship and faithfulness and a repentant walk is what KEEPS you attached to it.

Quote:
Depart from me you workers of iniquity for i never knew you (never had a relationship with you).
Workers of lawlessness,,,,SIN. An unrepentant heart.

Quote:
I would love to hear from you about all the works you are doing .
I am sure you would, but that would be boasting. My deeds are recorded in heaven, in the books. It is THEN that I give an accounting.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:10 PM

You said Required to do , we are required to do one thing "abide" . Micah 6 a result of abiding . His good pleasure is to bring grace love, and mercy to the lost.

Good night

Old 06-25-2009, 08:26 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I said:

and then you wrote:

Matthew 7:20
"So then, you will know them by their fruits.
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven.

What is the Father's will that WE CAN DO??
What about the judgement itself??

Rev 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Now, even though this is as clear as one could possibly make it, the UR's out there say this is only phase 1 of the overall plan for salvation. That there is another phase, or age, or whatever you wish it to be. Now what side of the fence would anyone want to be on, on this topic?

Anyone for gambling with their salvation out there, so you could live your life in this carnal sinful state and take your chances maybe in the next phase? I know I won't, nor teach that it is even possible, because it isn't.

And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this judgment, so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

Does once mean once?

1) once, one time
2) once for all

Yep.
HotinAZ

If you read on it says Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

When the bride comes down - is God wiping away her tears (why would she be crying) when it says the tabernacle of God is with men and he will wipe away their tears it means other people than the bride.

Rev 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Rev 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
Rev 21:25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
Rev 21:26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Rev 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Nations are healed after the lake of fire - the second death - this has to do with it is sown in corruption - raised in incorruption

If you sin you reap the consequences - nobody is saying that there are not consequences.

Nobody is disputing that to sin is to die and unrepentant sin will be judged.

However there is resurrection from death - the second death is DEATH Just as Jesus was raised from the DEAD by God, so humans will be raised from the DEAD after judgement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity