Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 02:24 AM

435 posts, read 250,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Rose wonders if the Shepherd of all shepherds enhances the reach?
How so?

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...22&version=KJV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 09:47 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementofA View Post
We dwell in a realm of gigantic sillies. We think our God is like us, but alas, His ways reach far above everything of which we can possibly imagine, far far beyond! I was just down in a massive hospital to find out how many of my toes are on the other side. I sat there looking at the masses of individuals, and thinking, "can you see that person in Christ Jesus"? My brother, I could feel the overshadowing Presence and those mighty words>>>>>>>>>>

"The whole of created life shall be delivered/ set free.."

The Fire fills every one of my old bones: I hope one day to break into spontaneous combustion that leaves nothing of Rose but ashes of lambent glow.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:07 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The rich man didnt show any signs of repentence, even though he was suffering in hell, but that doesnt mean everyone will be the same way. I assume there would be lots of people that would change their tune in a heartbeat if put into a situation like that.
You mean telling someone to avoid where he ended up is not repentance?

Luke 16:27-28 - "And he said, 'Then I beg you, father, that you send him to my father's house-- 28 for I have five brothers--in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'

Old 06-19-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You mean telling someone to avoid where he ended up is not repentance?

Luke 16:27-28 - "And he said, 'Then I beg you, father, that you send him to my father's house-- 28 for I have five brothers--in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'
My friend answer me one simple question. What is the purpose of punishment by an earthly, quality father of calibre?

Old 06-21-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementofA View Post
We might also want to consider these passages in the same book of Luke's gospel:

Fear not, said the angel who announced it, for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. Luke 2:10.

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. Luke 2:14.

Luke 3:5 Every valley shall be filled,
and every mountain and hill shall be made low,
and the crooked shall be made straight,
and the rough ways made smooth;
Luke 3:6 and all flesh shall see the salvation of God.’”

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Luke 6:35

Luke 15:3 And he spake this parable unto them, saying, 4What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
Luke 15:8 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?

Lk17:4 Even if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times returns to say, ‘I repent,’ you must forgive him.”
My friend: I regret not being able to discuss the dreaded "R" word @ the Matthew 25 link. Your post again was good, so I have taken it upon myself to deposit it over here for our discussion.

Posted by Clement

"The 2 largest churches, RC & EO, allow their members to embrace a hope for universalism. They do not declare that even one person will suffer endless punishment. While many of their members are hopeful universalists, many others are confident that all will be saved. The same applies to many other Christians in other many other churches. The doctrine of endless torments is spiralling downwards in this more enlightened, civilized internet age. Unlike that of the darkness of dark & middle ages with Inquisitions, Crusades, burning alive those that disagreed with them & opposers writings."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity