Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 10:59 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
You got to be kidding me..

1 jn 3:

10In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
Who ever does not righteousness is not of God, the devil never conceived children only the ones that turn away from God.

The devil never created, this scripture shows the disobedience of the people that turn away from God. The scripture also shows the evil that caused the person to be called a child of the devil, but the devil never had children, they are only named because their actions are as he does.

In literal sense, satan never conceived children, only the ones who rebell against God are called children of devil because of their wickness.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 06-28-2009 at 11:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 11:38 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,390,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Who ever does not righteousness is not of God, the devil never conceived children only the ones that turn away from God.

The devil never created, this scripture shows the disobedience of the people that turn away from God. The scripture also shows the evil that caused the person to be called a child of the devil, but the devil never had children, they are only named because their actions are as he does.

In literal sense, satan never conceived children, only the ones who rebell against God are called children of devil because of their wickness.
Did you see that the devil has children, yes or No ?

Old 06-28-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
In literal sense, satan never conceived children
Who said He did ? God said he [satan] has children..he has them because God said so, not because he concieved them..if God makes you as a child of the devil, then you just are, even though your maternal mother concieved you..

cain was concieved by his mother eve gen 4:

1And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

But he was still of that wicked one, a child of the devil..1 jn 3:

12Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works [religon] were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:45 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
You should have said "And so it should because it His God's present truth for the day", for ME.

God doesn't change, nor does His Truth change. It has always been, and will always be. By saying that it "present truth", it makes it seem as though his truth changes from day to day, or as the winds blows, which we are warned it doesn't. EVER.

What if that is the Truth? Who is this clay pot that questions the Maker?

What if the God you serve is a jealous God, who desires us to come to Him through His Son whom He sent, and if not, they are damned, wiped out, forever gone? Would this change your view of God? If so, better read the Old Testament, because that is exactly what He did then. HE DOESN'T CHANGE, no matter how much we want Him to. We can read into verses what we choose to, but it doesn't change the fact that He doesn't change.

Those men of old were saved on the promise made to Abraham, about the Christ that would come from his seed for the redemption of mankind. He wasn't slow about His promises. Phase 1 done. Phase 2 accomplished that day at calvary when the Blood was shed for ALL mankind. Phase 3 is completely left up to us. Why? Because it IS FINISHED. He has done all He can do on our behalf, including the sacrifice of His own Son. It is now, our choice. The same choice given to Adam and Eve, and to all who have ever lived since then. Though they didn't know it, then, they could see it far off.
Amen! Excellent post!
Malachi 3:5-6
And I will come near you for judgment; I will be swift witness against sorcerers, against adulterers, against perjurers, against those who exploit wage earners and widows and orphans, and against those who turn away an alien, because they do not fear Me," says the Lord of hosts.
For I am the Lord, "I do not change.

Job 23:12
"But He is unique, and who can make Him change? And whatever His soul desires, that He does.

God does not have to explain all of His actions to us. Job's problem is not hidden sin as his friends thought, but understanding God's actions toward him. He believes he could find peace if he only understood what God was doing. But the terrifying gulf between human limitations and the Almighty makes Job wonder whether that is possible.

Your post HotinAz is truly an answer to UR's going beyond the truth of Gods word and changing the truth and presenting to the whole world will one day be reconciled. I so wish this was true.....BUT this doctrine has brought a false peace. Eat and you surely not die! Just as the serpent spoke to Eve...he is still today speaking the old lie, but in a new way in trying to deceive and convince the world through many who have become instruments of his work to profess his false truths.

Yes, God is love, but His love brought Jesus Christ to show us our sin and our unbelief within our hearts and drawing us to repentance to save us from that sin nature that we inherited from Adam, by giving us the way of escape through Jesus Christ. Hallelujah!!! Praise our God!

And Jesus warns us about this false peace.....
Matthew 10:34
"Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.

And further more......
Proverbs 24:19
Do not fret because of evildoers, nor be envious of the wicked; for there will be no prospect for the evil man; the lamp of the wicked will be put out.
My son, fear the Lord and the king; do not associate with those given to change; for their calamity will rise suddenly, and who knows the ruin those two can bring?
These things also being to the wise:
It is not good to show partiality in judgment. He who says to the wicked, "you are righteous," Him the people will curse; nations will abhor him. But those who rebuke the wicked will have delight, and good blessing will come upon them.

Thank you Lord Jesus for showing HotinAz through Your Holy Spirit to speak on Your behalf to the world the TRUTH, with in all this deception going on.

Blessings

Old 07-06-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domoman View Post
So God created certain men just so he could damn them to Hell for all eternity so he could torture them?
Yes, He created them for the express purpose of punishing them for their sins, and to contrast that with those He created for the purpose of experiencing His grace and forgiveness..for those who experience His electing Grace, are by nature no better than those who dont experience His electing grace..But God Sovereignly makes the Difference..Thats to His Glory..

Old 07-07-2009, 03:38 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Yes, He created them for the express purpose of punishing them for their sins, and to contrast that with those He created for the purpose of experiencing His grace and forgiveness..for those who experience His electing Grace, are by nature no better than those who dont experience His electing grace..But God Sovereignly makes the Difference..Thats to His Glory..
You are kidding ????????????????

46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?</SPAN> 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?</SPAN> 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.</SPAN>

Old 07-07-2009, 03:47 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen! Excellent post!
Malachi 3:5-6
And I will come near you for judgment; I will be swift witness against sorcerers, against adulterers, against perjurers, against those who exploit wage earners and widows and orphans, and against those who turn away an alien, because they do not fear Me," says the Lord of hosts.
For I am the Lord, "I do not change.

Job 23:12
"But He is unique, and who can make Him change? And whatever His soul desires, that He does.

God does not have to explain all of His actions to us. Job's problem is not hidden sin as his friends thought, but understanding God's actions toward him. He believes he could find peace if he only understood what God was doing. But the terrifying gulf between human limitations and the Almighty makes Job wonder whether that is possible.

Your post HotinAz is truly an answer to UR's going beyond the truth of Gods word and changing the truth and presenting to the whole world will one day be reconciled. I so wish this was true.....BUT this doctrine has brought a false peace. Eat and you surely not die! Just as the serpent spoke to Eve...he is still today speaking the old lie, but in a new way in trying to deceive and convince the world through many who have become instruments of his work to profess his false truths.

Yes, God is love, but His love brought Jesus Christ to show us our sin and our unbelief within our hearts and drawing us to repentance to save us from that sin nature that we inherited from Adam, by giving us the way of escape through Jesus Christ. Hallelujah!!! Praise our God!

And Jesus warns us about this false peace.....
Matthew 10:34
"Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.

And further more......
Proverbs 24:19
Do not fret because of evildoers, nor be envious of the wicked; for there will be no prospect for the evil man; the lamp of the wicked will be put out.
My son, fear the Lord and the king; do not associate with those given to change; for their calamity will rise suddenly, and who knows the ruin those two can bring?
These things also being to the wise:
It is not good to show partiality in judgment. He who says to the wicked, "you are righteous," Him the people will curse; nations will abhor him. But those who rebuke the wicked will have delight, and good blessing will come upon them.

Thank you Lord Jesus for showing HotinAz through Your Holy Spirit to speak on Your behalf to the world the TRUTH, with in all this deception going on.

Blessings
You obviously are ignorant of church history . God as been restoring truth back to the church throughout history , beginning with the just shall live by faith right up to what is being restored at this present time.

You obviously believe that you know the whole truth , well let me tell you through the church ages God as been restoring back to the church the light of His and no one as ever known the whole revelation of God, apart from you and hotinaz.

It is historic fact that God as been restoring back the light of His truth.

Another post that does not focus on God's love but defending God falling short of His love to all.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:44 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You obviously are ignorant of church history . God as been restoring truth back to the church throughout history , beginning with the just shall live by faith right up to what is being restored at this present time.

You obviously believe that you know the whole truth , well let me tell you through the church ages God as been restoring back to the church the light of His and no one as ever known the whole revelation of God, apart from you and hotinaz.

It is historic fact that God as been restoring back the light of His truth.

Another post that does not focus on God's love but defending God falling short of His love to all.
Prov.12:15
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but he who heeds counsel is wise.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?</SPAN> 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?</SPAN> 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.</SPAN>
No I am not kidding, God created some men for the for the express purpose of punishing them Justly for their sins, and show that He has the right to let the same type of sinners go free from condemnation as to manifest His free Grace and Love to them..Thats Gods right and He did it..

ps 115:

3But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:19 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps

Amen, pcamps. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity