Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 09:36 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Psalm 145
9 The LORD is good to all;
he has compassion on all he has made.
10 All you have made will praise you, O LORD;
your saints will extol you.

17 The LORD is righteous in all his ways
and loving toward all he has made.

Matthew 5

43Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust

God bless.
The inspired writer said ps 5:

5The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

And the Godly should hate Gods enemies..ps 139:

20For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.

21Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? 22I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 09:42 PM

106 posts, read 136,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
No, all sinners are not of the seed of the serpent..for the elect fell and sinned in adam their father..the non eect, fell and sinned in their father the devil..

Those men and women who fell in adam, have been saved, but those who sinned in the devil will not be saved but the wrath of God abideth on them..
So God created certain men just so he could damn them to Hell for all eternity so he could torture them?

Old 06-26-2009, 09:44 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Quote:

20For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.

21Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? 22I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
And the inspired writer also said:

Psalm 145

Matthew 5

43Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust

God bless.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:01 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.
-- Eric Hoffer
Courtesy of sandgirls post on another thread

This says everything you need to know about the defence of eternal torment.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:05 AM

27 posts, read 31,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Courtesy of sandgirls post on another thread

This says everything you need to know about the defence of eternal torment.
I feel that the doctrine of "eternal torment" has been used through the years as a method by which to scare people into submission. This totally negates both God's love and His redemptive purpose in sending His son. Here is an article from Gerry Watts. He has a great site also with much information. Check it out:
The Conciliation of the World by Gerry Watts (http://www.purposeoflife.org.uk/conciliation%20doc.htm - broken link)

In Christ.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
So God created certain men just so he could damn them to Hell for all eternity so he could torture them?
Right... God bless.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:49 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domoman View Post
Seriously what believer in their right mind could believe in this scenario when it is presented to you like this ?.It is to our shame we have believed Him to be anything remotely like this.
Come on get real

Old 06-27-2009, 07:49 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post

Psalm 145

Matthew 5

God bless.
And He also wrote:

For God put enimity [hate] between the two seeds..

gen 3:

15And I will put enmity [hate] between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The hate the Godly have for the wicked, God put it there. Thats why the Godly David says:

For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:51 AM

Psalm 145

Matthew 5

God bless.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Seriously what believer in their right mind could believe in this scenario when it is presented to you like this ?.
Come on get real
Unbelievable, pcamps... and we are to be the children of God who is love.... God bless.

Colossians 1:15-20
15. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.16. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him.17. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.18. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.19. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him,20. and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity