U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2009, 07:29 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,681,725 times

Advertisements

I understand that most people hope for salvation and they hope for it for others. I personally do not take the position that just because someone disagrees with me that they are bad, and hope for others punishment.

I see in scripture such wonderful hope and assurance. I do not see all the warnings in the bible as this picture of despair and doom, I see it as plain facts that it is better to live the best way we can.

This is a personal thing more than people wish to see. We can all look around and think someone just needs to believe this way or these people shouldn't do this or that. I find joy in many things that are uncomfortable to others, if it is uncomfortable to them then they think I need what they have.

We have wonderful assurance that Gods character is good and can be understood. Be careful to not listen to points that make an assertion that is based on "what if" or "better safe than sorry" "we cannot comprehend" or anything similar just to say your wrong, that is not how the rock solid God conducts business.

1Jn 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

I do not believe scripture tells the story of anyone being born that does not always have hope.

The accusers can post and say whatever they want, this post is for them, but it is not dependant upon their agreement. As long as you can say that someone can be excluded, there are enough scriptures that you cannot rightly prove that you yourself will not be excluded. That is not hope and it will not spread hope or the good news to anyone.

So, I take the position that God gets to decide and he decides based on scriptures that give assurance. No this is not about "being saved anyway" you will not be able to apply that phrase to me, as I believe every single human being is accountable for what they do. I just do not read scripture and find such damning punishment to be literally eternal.

Any trial that any person goes through can seem like forever, or while its going on you cannot perceive the end. Thats the abstract layer of scripture concerning Gods wonderful love and correction.

God does not free us from the consequences of our actions, God does not stop teaching us things, God is the perfect father. And like our children and when we were children punishments did not last FOREVER but they sure seem like it.

Our correction is temporary, our fiery trials are temporary, no matter who you are or what you have done. Some may take longer than others, but it is always for the glory of the Father. God may not free you from the law of reaping what you sow and it doesn't matter if you think you can pray it away.

If we decide through intepretation that our earthly death then prevents God from saving our soul, then there is no point of him having the keys to death and Hell as written in some translations.

Re 1:18 I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

And even if you find yourself in hell and come to the realization that you screwed up royally, well, God will be there.

Ps86:13 For great [is] thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.
Ps 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou [art] there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou [art there].

People can now contend context and word translation, and thats fine, but God gives everyone hope and assurance for however long it takes.

Lk 15:4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

This is not about finding peace for whatever you do, it is about having peace DESPITE what you do.

1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.

Don't let anyone tell you different by using the words context, twisting, fairy tale, or any other such nonsense that has little aim but to bring you down. Rest in the assurance of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 10:39 AM

11,918 posts, read 13,814,338 times
Thank you for sharing, Phazelwood. Amen. God bless.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:44 AM

3,067 posts, read 3,486,807 times
what is this topic about?

Old 06-26-2009, 10:46 AM

5,733 posts, read 4,580,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Thank you for sharing, Phazelwood. Amen. God bless.

agreed! This was an excellent post, phazelwood.
It really spoke to me.
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity