Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 10:21 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times

Advertisements

(John 5:14) Jesus said, "... Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee."

(John 8:11) ... And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Would Jesus tell us to do something that He would not give us the grace and power to do? Of course not.

(2 Timothy 2:19) ...Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

YouTube - Why do some Christians live in sin? Full Documentary

The world church will tell you that no one can live free from sin, but it's the devil's lie.

Genesis 3
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. (Notice how Eve was holy and started out telling the devil of God's truth)
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: (Then Eve listened to the master deceiver)

People today are still falling for his deceit. God said, "... the soul that sinneth, it shall die." (Ezekiel 18:4)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 10:41 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
It depends. Christians are now aware of sin but they are still in bondage of sin. We still sin but we hate hate it, we hate what it does to us and our relationship with our father. There is a difference between a person falling into sin as opposed to diving into sin when Jesus told the woman at the well, to sin no more, He was saying, stop having relations with that man you are with.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 07-09-2009 at 11:36 AM..

Old 07-09-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
but they are still in bondage of sin
That is disputing God's Word.

(John 8:34) Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

(John 8:36) If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

How can you be set free and still be in the bondage of sin? That would make absolutely no sense.

God and sin don't mix.

2 Corinthians 6
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:12 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
He who says he has(Greek echo - to be in possession of presently) no sin is deceived, and the truth is not in him.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 07-09-2009 at 12:23 PM..

Old 07-09-2009, 11:30 AM

1 John 1
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us

John is calling people who deny the sinful nature of the unregenerated man a liar. The person who denies that there is sin within the inner man that needs to be purged away is a liar.

John is confirming what I am telling people; you must be purged of all sin, not just forgiven. You must take on the kind of salvation that Jesus is offering to mankind; one that enables you not to walk in sin anymore; then, and only then, are you truly set free.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:38 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
That is disputing God's Word.

(John 8:34) Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

(John 8:36) If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

How can you be set free and still be in the bondage of sin? That would make absolutely no sense.

God and sin don't mix.

2 Corinthians 6
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
We are set free by having eternal life but we are still sinful by nature, we are still a fallen creation.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:02 PM

I would like to clarify something: There is a difference between sin and temptation. The devil will use the imagination of our minds to try to get us to sin against God; but, so long as you don't willfully embrace those thoughts and/or act them out, you have not sinned against God.

Brother James said that temptations are good for building your faith.

James 1
2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:16 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
Repentance is the key and a sure sign that you are saved is how angry you get when you sin. God will convict towards you sins and you will gradually get to were you have no desire to sin but this is a tough track and it is worth it.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:34 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,575,309 times
When we have reconciliation or forgiveness of sins through the blood of Jesus Christ,all of our sins are forgiven,but that does not mean we have eternal life. It is by knowing God's Son and wanting to follow in His ways and have a true repentance(abstain from sinning) that we have eternal life.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:42 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Is it possible to consistently enjoy an abundant, victorious Christian life? We offer testimony and explanation from two sources which affirmatively answer this question.

Friends, the time is short. Let us pray for each other to understand these crucial testimonies, to believe them, and to make them our own.

J. Hudson Taylor

J. Hudson Taylor (1832-1905), founder of the China Inland Mission. The following quotes were taken from a biography written by his son and daughter-in-law, entitled Hudson Taylor’s Spiritual Secret (bold emphases added):

May 21, 1832 James Hudson Taylor born in Barnsley, Yorkshire, England.
June, 1849 Conversion, followed by call to life service.
September 4, 1869 Entered into The Exchanged Life: - “God has made me a new man!”
[From Taylor’s life chronology at end of book.]

[Regarding a life-changing letter] Amid a pile of letters awaiting Mr. Taylor in Chinkiang, had been one from John McCarthy [another missionary in China].

[McCarthy wrote to Taylor:]

I do wish I could have a talk with you now about the way of holiness. At the time you were speaking to me about it, it was the subject of all others occupying my thoughts, not from anything I had read…so much as from a consciousness of failure—a constant falling short of that which I felt should be aimed at; an unrest; a perpetual striving...

[but now he realizes]…Abiding, not striving or struggling; looking off unto Him; trusting Him for present power;…resting in the love of an almighty Saviour, in the joy of a complete salvation, “from all sin”—this is not new, and yet ‘tis new to me. I feel as though the dawning of a glorious day had risen upon me. I hail it with trembling, yet with trust. I seem to have got to the edge only, but of a boundless sea; to have sipped only, but of that which fully satisfies. Christ literally all seems to me, now, the power, the only power for service, the only ground for unchanging joy….Not a striving to have faith…but a looking off to the Faithful One seems all we need; a resting in the Loved One entirely, for time and for eternity.

[after reading McCarthy’s letter ofSeptember 4, 1869:] “Oh, Mr. Judd, God has made me a new man! God has made me a new man!” Wonderful was the experience that had come in answer to prayer, yet so simple as almost to baffle description. It was just as it was long ago [at his conversion], “Whereas I was blind, now I see!”
The Exchanged Life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity