Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2009, 09:57 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,545,408 times

Advertisements

Is technology a variable that has taken our focus off of the Lord? With the new and faster computers and the access of the internet ,along with video games that we have,have we strayed from the Bible teachings? Wouldn't we be better off with out these conveniences and more in to the word? Just your thoughts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 10:05 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,317,596 times
the internet brought also a great amount of resources, dozens of bible translations can be read, you have access on Hebrew and Greek texts, on historical sources... centuries ago you would have been killed by the Catholics for reading the Bible in your language, now everybody can not only read the Bible in a more or less accurate translation but verify whether the doctrines taught by the clergy are actually true and scriptural or not; there are always two sides of a medal.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:20 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,615,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Is technology a variable that has taken our focus off of the Lord? With the new and faster computers and the access of the internet ,along with video games that we have,have we strayed from the Bible teachings? Wouldn't we be better off with out these conveniences and more in to the word? Just your thoughts
It's all time management and prioritization.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:30 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,520,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post

I agree in a way...but I do think it depends on how we use today's technology. Anything that we put before serving God is wrong, including our non technical recreations, and our striving to 'keep up with the Jonses'. Some even put their friends and family above God. Around here there are large extensive families, and they are very wrapped up in their get-to-gethers. It often reminds me of Job's children.
Just my own opinion....

Old 07-03-2009, 12:01 PM

3,810 posts, read 6,397,180 times
I freely admit it has affected me.

I spend way too much time on the computer and in front of my 400 cable channels.

I spend way too little time with God.

I know it's all about priorities, and all that goes with that. Just wanted to contribute to the thread by being honest.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:02 PM

106 posts, read 135,390 times
If I didn't have the internet and technology (like my iPod Touch with Rotherham's Emphasized Bible) I'd probably never read the Bible. lol The internet makes it so much easier, plus you can get more accurate translations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity