Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 11:13 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Yes thats what I said in the OP..didnt you see it ? I typed it clear as i could..
Ok, you already answered that. Now please answer the rest of my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 11:15 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Ok, you already answered that. Now please answer the rest of my post.
For what, you dont believe what i already posted do you ?

Old 06-27-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
For what, you dont believe what i already posted do you ?
I don't understand why you have an attitude. I told you I'm not even saying you're wrong, that I would have to study it. What you're saying makes sense. I'm asking though, even if you are right, and this verse is not talking about water baptism, what difference does it make? Other verses do, right? So I'm asking you... does believing this verse means baptizing by teaching, or baptizing in water, make any difference in one's salvation, or in the gospel of Christ?

Old 06-27-2009, 10:01 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,895 times
I don't understand the atitude either. What proof do you have that the baptize in that scripture does NOT mean with water.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
what difference does it make?
It makes a lot of difference, did not you read what i said the teaching was about ? That it consisted in the teaching of each person of the Trinity in their respected part in the salvation of Gods chosen people ?

Old 06-27-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
I don't understand the atitude either. What proof do you have that the baptize in that scripture does NOT mean with water.
evidently no proof your capable of recieving..this is a truth only for Gods chosen people to recieve..

Old 06-27-2009, 11:00 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,895 times
Quote:
evidently no proof your capable of recieving..this is a truth only for Gods chosen people to recieve..
You are kidding right?! So YOU have exclusive insight to the bible that NOBODY else here has. YOU are that special to god? What's wrong with asking for proof? Does baptize in that scripture mean something different that baptize in other scriptures? I'm talking actual translation...not what YOU think it means. And like mzjamie said...what does it matter?

Old 06-27-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
You are kidding right?!
No..

Old 06-28-2009, 12:09 AM

I can see what you're saying about it being a teaching baptism, and now that you've said what you did about the trinity's part in salvation, makes more sense as to what your point was, although I already knew about their part, as you pointed out in 1 Peter.

As long as you're not saying water baptism is not taught at all.

I really hope you're not telling me and Dani that if we don't agree with your interpretation, it's because we're not of the elect and can't receive it.

Thank you for explaining it better.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:39 PM

221 posts, read 379,694 times
beloved57,
It is so hard to discuss stuff on here when people are so bent on throwing arrows and knives
from their QWERTYs. These kinds of responses are uncalled for. Ignore all that .

Now, that said:

The very word Baptism means WASH. People in past history have also tried to reason away the water part of baptism and haven't gotten very far with their theory.

You know what I think? You are awakening and growing in your understanding on this particular subject, but unfortunately, you are excluding what you already know in your heart to be true.
Do not doubt this. Water is a big part of baptism. You've learned this and you have learned correctly. And now, you are learning more.

Christ instituted baptism after his death on the cross and it is recorded here in Matthew.
Christ, though, also explained baptism before his dying in John 3:5. These words are burned into all Christians:
"being born of the water and Spirit"

It is pretty straight forward. Yet, baptism, like I said before, has the hand of God in it.
So it is so-o-o-o much more. And that is what you are awakening to. Praise the Lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity