Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 07:47 PM

14 posts, read 18,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post
Jesus is both Fully God and Fully Man.

Jesus is God Manifested in the Flesh. The Logos.
The Word Became flesh.

He's both Human and Devine.
now theres someone not trying to put the sheep on your head.

i can't help but agree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 03:29 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
A spirituallyl dead man cannot thirst spiritually..
Well who was Jesus speaking to then ? , i have just proved to you He's not speaking to born again people .

You were once dead in trespasses and sin so how on earth did you ever thirst spiritually ?

Of cause spiritually dead elect can thirst in your false gospel . You have boxed yourself into a corner with such nonsense.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:23 AM

Quote:
A spirituallyl dead man cannot thirst spiritually..
Well how did you ever come to salvation ? Was you thirstiness quenched before you was saved and while you were a spiritually dead man was you never thirsty ?.

Come on beloved57

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"Behold, I freely give
The living water; thirsty one,
Stoop down and drink and live."
I came to Jesus, and I drank
Of that life-giving stream.
My thirst was quenched, my soul revived,
And now I live in Him.

"I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say"

Old 07-29-2009, 08:15 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,381,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well how did you ever come to salvation ? Was you thirstiness quenched before you was saved and while you were a spiritually dead man was you never thirsty ?.

Come on beloved57

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"Behold, I freely give
The living water; thirsty one,
Stoop down and drink and live."
I came to Jesus, and I drank
Of that life-giving stream.
My thirst was quenched, my soul revived,
And now I live in Him.

"I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say"

Those who are dead spiritually have no spiritual desires, they cant, its impossible..a dead man cant hunger or thirst..

Old 07-29-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Those who are dead spiritually have no spiritual desires, they cant, its impossible..a dead man cant hunger or thirst..
So how did you ever come to salvation ? . Also who was Jesus speaking to when He said if any man thirst ?, please don't say again it was born again people.

Do you not understand i was lost but know i'm found , that i was thirsty and my thirst was quenched, i was poor but know i'm rich , i was in darkness but know have been translated in to His glorious light , i was dead but know i am alive, blind but now i see , was deaf but now hear ?

Are you going to use the same argument and say the lost can't be found , the blind can't see, the deaf can't hear , that the poor can't be rich ?.

even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved). All of us were dead in our transgressions so who was Jesus speaking to when He said if any man thirst ?

Of cause a dead man can thirst , i am a living testimony of this . Before i believed i was hungry and thirsty in my spiritually dead situation , when Jesus made Himself known to me and offered the living water to me my thirst was quenched.

I perceive you are trying to do everything you possibly can do to pervert the good news and to forbid any man from entering in.

Last edited by pcamps; 07-29-2009 at 07:32 PM..

Old 07-29-2009, 08:08 PM

23,000 posts, read 34,288,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post
Jesus is both Fully God and Fully Man.

Jesus is God Manifested in the Flesh. The Logos.
The Word Became flesh.

He's both Human and Devine.
AMEN! Jesus is God

Old 07-30-2009, 04:27 AM

Quote:
So how did you ever come to salvation ? . Also who was Jesus speaking to when He said if any man thirst ?, please don't say again it was born again people.
No spiritual activity is expected from those who are spiritually dead..

Old 07-30-2009, 04:47 AM

Quote:
No spiritual activity is expected from those who are spiritually dead..
Well how did you come to salvation when your were dead in trespasses and iniquity ?. Answer the question rather than skirt around it . You obviously can't unless you concede you received Jesus while you were dead in trespasses and iniquity.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:51 AM

So what you refuse to say is , just like every other believer before they believed had a hunger and a thirst , a hunger and thirst that only God could quench and fill.

Sounds to me from your testimony you came into a doctrine not life .

You reject the fact you were spiritual dead by saying "No spiritual activity is expected from those who are spiritually dead.." and if you weren't spiritually dead , the conclusion is you could never have been born again.

No wonder it's been a struggle i have been debating a spiritually dead man.

Case closed

Old 08-08-2009, 06:54 AM

Default Try the Spirits

1 jn 4:

1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
6We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Contrary to what the false church propagates today, that believers arent to Judge, because of a misapplication of Matt 7:1, which is only a caution against unchatiableness in Judging ones brother, yet to elimiante Judging altogether is not right and the intent of the verse. In fact Jesus right afterwards endorses good judgment in vs 6

6Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Now tell me, How can one know what is Holy without Judging it so ? Or How is one to know what a dog is, without Judging them so ? How about the difference between pearls and swine, doesnt one need to make a rational Judgment to know the difference ?

There is a very important truth contained in my text, a Truth given to Gods true people to discern or judge wether or not one is speaking as a spokesman for God or not. The criteria set for th in the passage is wether or not one confesses that Jesus christ has come in the flesh !

1 jn 4:

2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Notice something very important here. John did not say, if one is confessing that God come in the flesh, but wether Jesus christ hath come in the flesh, the Anointed of God, hath came in the flesh ! The focus is wether the GodMan Mediator hath came in the flesh. The emphasis of the Holy Ghost is not at this time about the Deity of Christ, of which He certainly is Deity, but about His Mediatoral Manhood. You see when scripture calls Him Jesus christ or Christ Jesus, His office of Mediator is in view.

1 tim 2:

5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

The man Christ Jesus [Mediator] hath came in the flesh is the focus of the passage, and in order for the man to have come in the flesh [manifested], this neceesarily presupposes His exisitence prior to, as God Man, but just not in the flesh, as in flesh and blood.

This is confirmed by eph 3:

9And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Simply stated by the Apostle, The world was created by the GodMan Mediator Jesus christ..

Being the medium of creation is an act of the Man Christ Jesus, the Mediator between God and men.

Also John writes how that Jesus christ became manifested 1 jn 1:

1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us

For something or someone existed before being manifested. This Person was capable of being:

#1. Heard #2. Looked upon #3. seen and handled with hands. All these denote tangibility, and that it existed before being manifested, for the point here is not Jesus christ Invisible Deity in view, but His Ancient Mediatoral Manhood.

Those who are confessing this ancient Mediatoral Manhood, are speaking as enlightened by God...But those who deny this are speaking for the Anti christ..

And this I judge to be True..

1 jn 2:

22Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity