Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 10:17 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
If both seeds are "locked in" then how then does the seed of Abraham multiply?
What you mean locked in ? There is nothing locked in..God creates who is of the seed of the devil and of the seed of abraham..Thats His work..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
And you have the right to your personal opinion,,,,,but I wonder does any one agree with you?
I can care less who agrees with me, I preach the Truth..

Old 06-28-2009, 10:21 AM

Default Gospel of New Covenat cont

This being the case, there is no true gospel preaching without focusing on the elect of God being the objects of Jesus christ blood..

Peter preached to one specific group when he opened up the church era, he focused on the promises made from the new covenant jer 31..

Notice who he addresses acts 2:

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

This house of Israel peter was addressing was not the carnal jewish state, but the house of israel who would partake in the new covenant blessings jer 31:

33But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Thats why he made the comments later in sermon acts 2:

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

You see, there is no promises given to the whole world of mankind within the new covenant, which peter was a preacher of see 2 cor 3 6..but only to the spiritual house of Israel..and thats who he was addressing..

Old 06-28-2009, 10:53 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
What you mean locked in ? There is nothing locked in..God creates who is of the seed of the devil and of the seed of abraham..Thats His work..
1. I mean if persons {P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z} are the seed of the devil and persons {A, B, C} are the seed of Christ, and those two sets encompass all mankind, and no one can move from the first set into the second set, then how does the seed of Christ multiply.

2. Are these people here the seed of the devil or the seed of Christ?
  • Deu 32:17 They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not.
  • Deu 32:32 Their vine grows from the vine of Sodom, from the vineyards of Gomorrah. Their grapes are poison, and their clusters are bitter.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
1. I mean if persons {P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z} are the seed of the devil and persons {A, B, C} are the seed of Christ, and those two sets encompass all mankind, and no one can move from the first set into the second set, then how does the seed of Christ multiply.

2. Are these people here the seed of the devil or the seed of Christ?
  • Deu 32:17 They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not.
  • Deu 32:32 Their vine grows from the vine of Sodom, from the vineyards of Gomorrah. Their grapes are poison, and their clusters are bitter.
You dont know what you talking about..just rambling..

God knows those that are His, and the seed of the devil arent His..

Old 06-28-2009, 11:37 AM

Default The New Covenant is limited or to a specific people

The New Covenant is limited or to a specific people

The bible clearly teaches that the New Covenant God makes, is limited to or restricted to a specific people out of mankind, in other words, its blessings was never inteneded for eveyone of the human race..

To whom is is limited to ? Lets look at Jer 31:

31Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

heb 8:

8For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

Those to whom the LORD makes the New Covenant with, is limited to the House of Israel and the House of Judah..

Now, if this be the case, if we believe scripture, then , the Lord Jesus christ blood of the New Covenant as in Matt 26:

28For this is my blood of the new testament [Covenant], which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

this means that Jesus christ blood was limited for whom it was shed, it was shed only for the House of Israel..remember, the apostle to the gentiles paul made this profound statement in acts 13:

Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

paul was correct in this his statement, for Jesus christ is the inteneded saviour of a specific people, Israel..

Now, the question may be in your mind, how can these things be ? How can the aposlte to the gentiles make such a dogmatic statement, as to say that God, according to his promise, raised up unto israel a saviour name Jesus ?

But let us remember, that paul knew of two Israels, rom 9:

6Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

for it was to the former israel in the above reference to whom paul was speaking of in acts 13:23

This is the deal, this is how gentiles too are the house of Israel for whom Jesus christ died..it s because all the elect of God, wether jew or gentile are of the seed of abraham..heb 2:

16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 17Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

And this is Israel according to the promise, the seed of abraham.. rom 9:

8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

So the children of the promise is israel and thats what paul is referring to in acts 13:

Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

So, it is plainly set forth for them who have eyes to see, that the new covenant, and the blood thereof, which Jesus christ shed for the many, is limited to Israel..

The seed of abraham, wether in the OT or the NT has always been a seperated people from all other peoples of the world..this fact alone should give one to know, that the blood of christ was not shed for all people in the world, simply because God has always revealed that the seed of abraham was seperated and a people of His own Sovereign choosing...

Old 06-28-2009, 11:59 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,759,259 times
Jeremiah and Ezekiel both discussed the coming together of the House of Israel and Yahudah as ONE. The 2 sticks joined as ONE. THEY are the ones that the Messiah is returning for, NOT some church. So you're either Israel or you DO NOT have a covenant with YHVH. PERIOD. Don't make something out of scripture that it isn't. Don't fabricate some blessing from some misinterpretation to fit your belief system or desires. It ain't there. It was plainly enough stated and it is NOT a negotiation. Simply put the Messiah is coming ONLY for the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel..........

Old 06-29-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
Jeremiah and Ezekiel both discussed the coming together of the House of Israel and Yahudah as ONE. The 2 sticks joined as ONE. THEY are the ones that the Messiah is returning for, NOT some church. So you're either Israel or you DO NOT have a covenant with YHVH. PERIOD. Don't make something out of scripture that it isn't. Don't fabricate some blessing from some misinterpretation to fit your belief system or desires. It ain't there. It was plainly enough stated and it is NOT a negotiation. Simply put the Messiah is coming ONLY for the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel..........
The house of Israel is the church.. i know how to handle your false doctrine too..

Old 06-29-2009, 02:14 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
b57, what is the purpose of the elect? Are you elect?

Do you know the elect is supposed to LOVE his fellow man, and the elect will bless ALL the families of the earth?

Gen 28:14 And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed

2 Peter 1
5For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;
6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;
7and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.
8For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:46 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
I can care less who agrees with me, I preach the Truth..
Do you belong to a particular denomination or a non-denominational church? If you answer that question, I can determine what brand of the truth you are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity