Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 07:55 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,390,140 times

Advertisements

One of the great deceptions of the Last days, is that of believing that God Loved and Jesus christ came to save all of mankind, but thats a lie of the devil..for there are some of mankind that belong to the devil and God calls them His seed.. Gen 3:

14And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15And I will put enmity between thee [Satan/ Serpent] and the woman, and between thy [Satan/Serpent] seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Seed means an offspring, So God states very clearly that satan has an offspring..and in fact He God states this in the immediate context of the First ever proclamation of the good news gospel..hence, to reject that satan has a offspring in the world is to reject an aspect of the Gospel..

But even more importantly, Jesus christ himself makes statements that evidence a limited particular choice of only some, and not all who are singled out for salvation or eternal life..

Jn 6 :

37All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

This clearly denotes some and not all...

39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Again, Jesus says of all which He [The Father] hath given me..

This again denotes some given and not all..

40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

This denotes some and not all..for who is it that seeth the Son ? Those who seeth the Son are those Jesus came to open their spiritual eyes that they see..jn 9:

39And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Jesus christ plainly did not come for everyone to be made to see..

jn 17:

2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

as many as again denotes some and not all..

jn 10:

11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep

Again denoting some not all, for all are not sheep but goats

15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Jesus explicitly states that all of mankind is not of His sheep..

matt 15:

But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Again words from the Saviours mouth denoting the Limited and Particular design of His salvaic mission..

Its only a false teacher with a false gospel who doesnt highlight these particular points..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 04:22 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,030,593 times
The great lie of Satan is that God does NOT love ALL and that Jesus did NOT come to save ALL. The great lie of Satan is to maintain the FEAR of God that eliminates LOVE. Fear and love are incompatible. God IS LOVE. There can be no fear or special class of people . . . that is a Satanic lie to divide and conquer. Are there negative consequences for failure to be Christlike . . . absolutely. But there is nothing to fear because it is NOT punishment and God is merciful with ALL His children.

Jesus was perfect . . eliminating the need for each of us to be perfect. Those who would divide and separate us are Satan's spawn (that is God's job and only God knows what is appropriate repentance and recompense). Those who would remove all hope are Satan's spawn (God has promised to reconcile ALL to Him.)

God is NOT an egotistical despot looking for glory from us pitiful creatures. God IS GLORY . . . we can neither ADD to nor SUBTRACT from God's glory. ALL worship and praise is FOR US to draw closer to God and Jesus in LOVE to receive the cover of grace.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The great lie of Satan is that God does NOT love ALL and that Jesus did NOT come to save ALL. The great lie of Satan is to maintain the FEAR of God that eliminates LOVE. Fear and love are incompatible. God IS LOVE. There can be no fear or special class of people . . . that is a Satanic lie to divide and conquer. Are there negative consequences for failure to be Christlike . . . absolutely. But there is nothing to fear because it is NOT punishment and God is merciful with ALL His children.

Jesus was perfect . . eliminating the need for each of us to be perfect. Those who would divide and separate us are Satan's spawn (that is God's job and only God knows what is appropriate repentance and recompense). Those who would remove all hope are Satan's spawn (God has promised to reconcile ALL to Him.)

God is NOT an egotistical despot looking for glory from us pitiful creatures. God IS GLORY . . . we can neither ADD to nor SUBTRACT from God's glory. ALL worship and praise is FOR US to draw closer to God and Jesus in LOVE to receive the cover of grace.
I see you reject the Truth with your rhetoric..

Old 06-29-2009, 05:52 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,021,754 times
I agree with Mystic.
Love commands the universe. Man resorts to control when Love is missing. You do not love anyone when you try to control them. That includes their religion. Saying your right and everyone else is wrong is not love.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I agree with Mystic.
Love commands the universe. Man resorts to control when Love is missing. You do not love anyone when you try to control them. That includes their religion. Saying your right and everyone else is wrong is not love.
This is humanism not the bible..

Old 06-29-2009, 06:25 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,332,688 times
16 for in Him were created the whole (ta panta), the things in the heavens and the things upon the earth – the visible and the unseen, whether thrones, whether lordships, whether sovereignties, whether authorities, the whole (ta panta) through Him and in Him have been created. 17 And He is before all, and the whole (ta panta) in Him combine. 18 And He is the head the body of the assembly, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that should be in all things He preeminent. 19 For in Him thought well all the fullness to dwell; 20 and through Him to reconcile the whole (ta panta) to Himself, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by Him, whether the things upon the earth, whether the things in the heavens.
Col. 1:16-20

the whole, not a few only

Old 06-29-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
16 for in Him were created the whole (ta panta), the things in the heavens and the things upon the earth – the visible and the unseen, whether thrones, whether lordships, whether sovereignties, whether authorities, the whole (ta panta) through Him and in Him have been created. 17 And He is before all, and the whole (ta panta) in Him combine. 18 And He is the head the body of the assembly, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that should be in all things He preeminent. 19 For in Him thought well all the fullness to dwell; 20 and through Him to reconcile the whole (ta panta) to Himself, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by Him, whether the things upon the earth, whether the things in the heavens.
Col. 1:16-20

the whole, not a few only
matt 7:

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:10 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,774,824 times
Protestants = Who can throw out and ignore the most scripture contest.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:42 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,021,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
This is humanism not the bible..
The bible isn't sacred. Humans are. If you are stating that Love has no place in the world, you are severely deranged. Love is what Jesus taught.

There are lots of things not written in the bible that are true. Try living instead of slowly waiting for death without enjoyment.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
The bible isn't sacred. Humans are. If you are stating that Love has no place in the world, you are severely deranged. Love is what Jesus taught.

There are lots of things not written in the bible that are true. Try living instead of slowly waiting for death without enjoyment.
There is nothing about your post that indicates wisdom from above..nothing..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity