Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2009, 06:19 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Where exactly does it say in scripture that all will be purified in the end?
Let the Spirit guide you in your reading instead of reading it "literally" with your carnal mind and the TRUTH will be revealed to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 06:46 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Fundy, you are saying you must do something in order to be saved. That is not what scripture says, because salvation is a work of God by God's grace, not by any work we can do ourself.

Now you have slightly changed the topic. You asked what the good news is..............
How about faith, repentance and being born again. Your gospel is incomplete. You are not preaching the whole gospel.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 12-03-2009 at 07:20 AM..

Old 12-03-2009, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Let the Spirit guide you in your reading instead of reading it "literally" with your carnal mind and the TRUTH will be revealed to you.
What you just said in this post. Did you mean it literally or spiritually?

Old 12-03-2009, 06:54 AM

78 posts, read 107,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965
Where exactly does it say in scripture that all will be purified in the end?
There are multiple verses that indicate all will be brought to the knowledge of the truth, around 150 or so.

i was raised a so. baptist, but my spirit rebelled against the doctrine of ET.
One of the last times i actually stepped into a church the pastor preached on "hell", he used Mark9:started on vs 41 and went no futher than 48, well that day i, while he was continuing his ranting, i continued on to vs 49, this was the moment i knew i could no longer accept the doctrine of ET. There were other occaisons that had me to stop and think, but i shrugged them off as wayward thinking, but when i read vs 49, it was the straw (for me) that broke the camels' back.
Since then it has been a quest for answers and the more answers i find, i find that the more questions that pop up, but there is one thing that has stayed constant over the years: i could NEVER go back to believing in this monster that will roast and toast the vast majority of his creation.

i am convinced by what has been revealed to me so far is all in His plan and is all His timing, everyones' time is coming, its' all in His timing

peace and Gods' love

oh i forgot to add the verse:

Mark 9-49 For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt

Old 12-03-2009, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipidydoodaa View Post
There are multiple verses that indicate all will be brought to the knowledge of the truth, around 150 or so.

i was raised a so. baptist, but my spirit rebelled against the doctrine of ET.
One of the last times i actually stepped into a church the pastor preached on "hell", he used Mark9:started on vs 41 and went no futher than 48, well that day i, while he was continuing his ranting.....
I don't fully accept the doctrine of hell either but I don't try to harmonize it just because I don't accept it or it doesn't feel right. Rationalizing can get you in all sorts of trouble.

Quote:
Mark 9-49 For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt
This is a very difficult verse that seems to be about believers who are purified through suffering and persecution.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:58 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
What you just said in this post. Did you mean it literally or spiritually?
Ha, Ha, Ha....I love you too Fundy!

Old 12-03-2009, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Ha, Ha, Ha....I love you too Fundy!
I am serious as a heart attack......I really would like an answer. I am trying to understand how does one read something spiritually?

Old 12-03-2009, 07:30 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
How about faith, repentance and being born again. Your gospel is incomplete. You are not preaching the whole gospel.
Fundy, I don't disagree that faith, repentance, and being born again are all necessary. Why do you say "your gospel is incomplete"? God gives us a measure of faith, and God's kindness leads us to repentance. This is part of the means through which Jesus takes away the sin of the world.

But it doesn't change the final outcome of what the good news is: there will be no more sin, because Jesus will take it ALL away. By implication, that means EVERYONE will repent, because if just one person does not repent, then there is still some sin in the world which Jesus has not taken away, therefore Jesus will have failed. I don't believe Jesus will fail to take away the sin of the world.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
That's not very good news, is it.

If I told you, "most of your friends & family is going to be tormented forever, but you can be saved from all that", would you say that is good news?
That's a strawman nor is it biblical......When the disciples asked Jesus, are only a few being saved? Jesus basically said, you study about your own salvation. It is stated we are all going to hell because we have sinned and broken God's laws and because He is perfect, holy and just He has every right to send us there but He is also a merciful God and sent His Son to die for our sins and if we repent, ask for His forgiveness surrender and put our trust in Christ being born again then and only then we are saved from such a horrible judgment which we deserve.

Do you tell people they have to repent?

Old 12-03-2009, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Fundy, I don't disagree that faith, repentance, and being born again are all necessary. Why do you say "your gospel is incomplete"? God gives us a measure of faith, and God's kindness leads us to repentance. This is part of the means through which Jesus takes away the sin of the world.

But it doesn't change the final outcome of what the good news is: there will be no more sin, because Jesus will take it ALL away. By implication, that means EVERYONE will repent, because if just one person does not repent, then there is still some sin in the world which Jesus has not taken away, therefore Jesus will have failed. I don't believe Jesus will fail to take away the sin of the world.
You are skipping steps.....as if the final outcome excuses the incomplete gospel many preach which is not biblical. Do you tell people they have to repent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity