Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2009, 01:29 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,008,612 times

Advertisements

I'm 20 yrs old...I just checked my e-mail & saw that a girl whose also a college senior (in the class of 2010) got killed this morning in a car accident...life is too short & in light of all these celebrity deaths (I know ppl are born & die every day)

But I think at this point in my life, death is becoming surreal to me...I've never had anyone close to me die before...my grandfather died in 2005 when I was 17 but he was a very mean man & nobody really grieved for him except for my grandmother...I'm not afraid of dying but getting killed, I've heard accounts before from people who have almost died but came back that it was amazing almost "crossing over"...

I'm a Christian but @ times I doubt that there is a Heaven & Hell...I am most afraid of nothingness, of leaving my physical body & just becoming a "spirit", if you will...

anyway, I was wondering what you all thought about this? As I prepare to graduate from college next year...& as my birthday approaches (in July) life & death seem all too real & almost a tangible concept..I hope this made sense...your thoughts are appreciated...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 01:40 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,008,095 times
Death is a touchy subject for most because we don't know what to expect. Unless we've died and lived in the spirit world and came back to tell of the adventure, there is really no proof of anything.
I can tell you what I feel is true but that will only be my truth. You have to decide for yourself how you want to deal with the issue.

I don't really know if I've ever been afraid of death. I know that at this point in my material career, I'm looking forward to that time. It's special to me because it would mean this part of my career is over and the next phase is about to begin. It's like graduating from kindergarten to first grade. You are looking forward to the next school year and that means you'll be older and things will change.

When we do cross to the spirit world, we will be greeted by family and friends. They will make us comfortable and help us get acquainted with the new world and our new bodies. We will, eventually, have to go where our soul is fitted for. Wherever we end up, we have to remember that it's just a place to progress from. God loves all, even the sinner and will wait for them throughout all eternity.

I dont' fear death. I look forward to it.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:43 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,008,095 times
I want to add that while we are here, we should experience this life fully as we will never get another chance. Live a life of love for everyone and everything and every endeavor. Learn the lesson from everything good and bad. And above all, be in the world without having the need to worry if something is right or wrong just because somene else says so. Just be Love.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:35 PM

589 posts, read 1,555,700 times
When we die we don't go to heaven or hell as taught by most traditional Christian churches. The Scriptures say the dead knows nothing... they are unconscious... until the resurrection. True Christians will be in the first resurrection at the 2nd coming of Christ and they will rule with him on earth for 1000 yrs.

After the 1000 yrs is over comes the 2nd resurrection of all humans to face God in the Great White Throne Judgment. Humans who are given eternal life will live in the New Earth... a paradise without end. God will wipe away their tears... there's no more pain, or sorrow, or death, as these are all things of the past.

Is There Life After Death? - by Richard F. Ames
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity