U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-29-2009, 07:12 PM

3,552 posts, read 2,883,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So, when dealing with the subject of witnessing, it is important to know what the circumstances are surrounding the person to whom we are witnessing. Sorry, but sin is a part of the witnessing, because unless you know you are a sinner, then what would be the need of a savior? They go hand in hand, which is what I have been saying all along.

Jesus never told this woman she was a sinner

Luke chapter 7
and as she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them.

Read the whole thing and see who Jesus had some hom truths with .

Yes that is right the pharisee who thought he was self righteous .

You do not need to tell the lost(sinner in your eyes) he's a sinner just the religious self righteous
Really?

Now after John had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."

Why Jesus why? What are we repenting for? What is it we are turning FROM? Why Jesus why should we do what you say??
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 07:30 PM

18,950 posts, read 8,988,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Really?

Now after John had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."

Why Jesus why? What are we repenting for? What is it we are turning FROM? Why Jesus why should we do what you say??
From our own ways of cause . Remember it's the goodness of God that leadeth a man to repentance.

What is the goodness of God ?

Old 06-29-2009, 07:37 PM

The story of the woman caught in adultery is a perfect example of the sin conscious gospel and the God conscious gospel . She's a sinner we caught her in the very act (Sin conscious gospel). Where are they that condemn thee go sin more(God conscious gospel).

The very words Jesus said to her is a plain to see example of the goodness of God leading a man to repentance.

WHERE ARE THEY THAT CONDEMN THEE ,HE SAID THIS TO HER BEFORE HE SAID TO HER NEITHER DO I CONDEMN THEE . HALLELUJAH .CAUGHT IN THE VERY ACT AND JESUS SAID NEITHER DO I CONDEMN THEE . WHAT A WONDERFUL SAVIOR

Old 06-29-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
From our own ways of cause . Remember it's the goodness of God that leadeth a man to repentance.

What is the goodness of God ?
Repentance FROM what? Go ahead, you can say it. It doesn't hurt to.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
the story of the woman caught in adultery is a perfect example of the sin conscious gospel and the god conscious gospel . She's a sinner we caught her in the very act (sin conscious gospel). Where are they that condemn thee go sin more(god conscious gospel).

The very words jesus said to her is a plain to see example of the goodness of God leading a man to repentance.
Where are they that condemn thee ,he said this to her before he said to her neither do i condemn thee . Hallelujah .caught in the very act and jesus said neither do i condemn thee . What a wonderful savior

Are you seeing it he said neither do i condemn you before he said go sin no more .Where sin abounds much more does grace abound, this caused her to repent .The law came by Moses, grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Come on now admit Hotinaz that Jesus is far more wonderful than we could ever imagine.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Where are they that condemn thee ,he said this to her before he said to her neither do i condemn thee . Hallelujah .caught in the very act and jesus said neither do i condemn thee . What a wonderful savior

Are you seeing it he said neither do i condemn you before he said go sin no more .Where sin abounds much more does grace abound, this caused her to repent .The law came by Moses, grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Come on now admit Hotinaz that Jesus is far more wonderful than we could ever imagine.

I see that you added the rest after I quoted you, so I shall change the response.

Yes, Jesus is far more wonderful, than any of us mortals will ever know, until we stand before Him.

But, yes. She still had to repent of her wickedness, regardless, which is still a part of the gospel, which is what I have been saying. You cannot preach a gospel, that leaves out WHY we are seperated from Him.

Last edited by HotinAZ; 06-29-2009 at 08:27 PM..

Old 06-30-2009, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I see that you added the rest after I quoted you, so I shall change the response.

Yes, Jesus is far more wonderful, than any of us mortals will ever know, until we stand before Him.

But, yes. She still had to repent of her wickedness, regardless, which is still a part of the gospel, which is what I have been saying. You cannot preach a gospel, that leaves out WHY we are seperated from Him.
Hotinaz i think i have clearly stated that the gospel is about God's love for mankind and that same love leads a man to repentance

For the record

Hotinaz i haver never said sin should never be mentioned in the message , it is unavoidable.

What i have said all along is the above

We lift up Jesus not sin

Old 06-30-2009, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Hotinaz i think i have clearly stated that the gospel is about God's love for mankind and that same love leads a man to repentance

For the record

Hotinaz i haver never said sin should never be mentioned in the message , it is unavoidable.

We lift up Jesus not sin
I like how you spin this to make it seem like when I witness, it is like Moses coming off the mountain, ready with the Law in one hand, and a good smiting in the other for not obeying it.

Get over yourself.

Of course we lift up Jesus. Well, DUH!
He is our Kng and we love Him.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:

For the record

We lift up Jesus not sin
Read what i said again i said we lift up Jesus not sin . You cannot lift both up, which is what you are saying.

Old 12-06-2009, 03:15 PM

10,068 posts, read 3,743,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Kirk Cameron is too far out there....he is a legalist....in other words he thinks that you have to follow the law or you lose your Salvation....don't put to much into him....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity