U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 04:21 PM

10,290 posts, read 3,945,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Fundy are you not able by the Spirit of the Lord to share the gospel on here , rather than posting a link that needs to explain it ? .

Come on be upfront don't hide behind Calvin and Macarthur and youtube clips .

Plus this is not the gospel (Luke 18:18-21)>>>>18A ruler questioned Him, saying, "Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" 19And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.
20"You know the commandments, 'DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.'"
21And he said, "All these things I have kept from my youth."
Sounds like the Ten Commandmants to me....And that from Jesus Christ Himself....He was answering the rulers question...So, what is the opposite of Eternal Life????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I don't doubt he is genuine. But he is genuinely missing the boat. Did you hear what Crisis was saying? I know that man didn't. He never stopped bludgeoning Crisis with the law long enough to realize that Crisis and his friends are being beaten over the head with the effects of sin on their lives every moment of every day, and they felt HOPELESS. HOPELESS and ABANDONED by God. Those boys didn't need more law, they needed HOPE. I just wish that "witness" had shut up! Just. shut. up. long enough to hear, really truly HEAR, the cry of those boys' hearts.

That man had made a start, he had gotten them talking. The door was open. And he slammed it shut.
You have to show a person where they are wrong in order to show them that they need something........

Old 12-06-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
I am dumbfounded that you see it .

I see Savior you see ???
Repentance and forgiveness of SINS.....what SINS?

Old 12-06-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
the word "proclaimed"? Which is to what exactly?

I see what the Savior is telling those who follow Him what is going to happen when He leaves,,,but proclaiming something is not holding back the Truth from them, just because we don't like how it sounds...(ewww that word sin again...here it comes...i feel it...)...sin has to be exposed otherwise we have not a clue what we are even saved for!
Have to agree with you there...

Old 12-06-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Funny, as that is how we fellowship, NOW. But you said the key word,,,fellowship. Fellowshipping with other brothers and sisters is one thing. Preaching to the LOST is another.

If a sheep was grazing 20 miles from the group of 99,,and the grass was green, would he know he was lost? If the shepherd came up to him and DRUG him off to be with the other 99, and when he saw them, then realized he was actually lost, and was being led back home,,,would he then be thankful to the shepherd?

What if he was surrounded by wolves, and then shaking in his fear, saw the shepherd coming, and with much thankfulness, ran to the shepherd to be led home, would he then be thankful?

So, when dealing with the subject of witnessing, it is important to know what the circumstances are surrounding the person to whom we are witnessing. Sorry, but sin is a part of the witnessing, because unless you know you are a sinner, then what would be the need of a savior? They go hand in hand, which is what I have been saying all along.
Got to agree with that one too......

Old 12-06-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
So, when dealing with the subject of witnessing, it is important to know what the circumstances are surrounding the person to whom we are witnessing. Sorry, but sin is a part of the witnessing, because unless you know you are a sinner, then what would be the need of a savior? They go hand in hand, which is what I have been saying all along.

Jesus never told this woman she was a sinner

Luke chapter 7
and as she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them.

Read the whole thing and see who Jesus had some hom truths with .

Yes that is right the pharisee who thought he was self righteous .

You do not need to tell the lost(sinner in your eyes) he's a sinner just the religious self righteous
of, course there were people that recognized hwo Christ was then....But, not everyone does....

Old 12-06-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Where are they that condemn thee ,he said this to her before he said to her neither do i condemn thee . Hallelujah .caught in the very act and jesus said neither do i condemn thee . What a wonderful savior

Are you seeing it he said neither do i condemn you before he said go sin no more .Where sin abounds much more does grace abound, this caused her to repent .The law came by Moses, grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Come on now admit Hotinaz that Jesus is far more wonderful than we could ever imagine.
That is one point you keep harping on, what about the Temple and the money changers?

Old 12-06-2009, 04:44 PM

19,050 posts, read 9,282,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
of, course there were people that recognized hwo Christ was then....But, not everyone does....
That was not because man had the capacity to recognize Him , so don't even go there .Matthew 16 : 17.

Now if Jesus came to open the eyes of the blind , which we all are until He opens them , why are you even thinking of replying to me with "He only opens the eyes of the chosen" ?

Old 12-06-2009, 04:50 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,360,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
That is one point you keep harping on, what about the Temple and the money changers?
Well, what about those? I'm sure Saul was right there with the worst of them. And what did Paul say about it:

Rom 5:20 And law came in, that the offence might abound, and where the sin did abound, the grace did overabound,
Rom 5:21 that even as the sin did reign in the death, so also the grace may reign, through righteousness, to life age-during, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Believe in the Gospel. It's where grace does abound!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity