Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 10:47 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,562,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Well, either God can't save all or He won't. It's one or the other.

Or, He can and He will.
Then why do people die in their sins-unsaved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 10:48 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I didn't say that. I said I would use Hollywood movies. How does one choose God if our nature is to hate Him? what separates you from your friends who don't believe?
It's our nature to sin, not to hate him. We're made in the image of God. I don't think we hate ourselves. I choose God freely because God gave me freewilll to choose him. Because if we're forced to love him, then it is no love at all.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
It's our nature to sin, not to hate him. We're made in the image of God. I don't think we hate ourselves. I choose God freely because God gave me freewilll to choose him. Because if we're forced to love him, then it is no love at all.
What is sin? Doesn't the bible say, we are children of wrath, we are children of the devil, we are at enmity with Him, We want nothing of the things of God, all our good deeds are of filthy rags to Him.

Sounds like we hate Him?

Old 06-30-2009, 10:54 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
While it's just a movie, Bruce All Mighty get the point across that He Can't make us love him, we have to do it on our own.
When a person experiences the curse of the law which is the wrath of God and decides enough is enough, I'm going to turn back to God with everything I've got, God will circumsize his heart TO LOVE the Lord.
  • Deuteronomy 30:1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee, 2 And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul; 3 That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee. 4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee: 5 And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. 6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
God is able to cleanse and replace wicked hearts with new hearts and cause people to obey Him.
  • Ezekiel 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
And God doesn't do that with a magic God-wand.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:55 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:
I was just answering your question. You asked why if God desires all to be saved, they aren't. It seems like there's only the possibilities I listed:

He can't.
He won't.
He can and will.

I could be wrong. Can you think of any other possibilities?

Old 06-30-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I was just answering your question. You asked why if God desires all to be saved, they aren't. It seems like there's only the possibilities I listed:

He can't.
He won't.
He can and will.

I could be wrong. Can you think of any other possibilities?
I got ya and that is all I can think of myself

Old 06-30-2009, 10:58 AM

23,013 posts, read 34,374,307 times
Quote:
But isn't it our nature to reject Him anyway? what changes our nature to love Him?
He does when we listen to the Holy Spirit.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:59 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,694,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
He does when we listen to the Holy Spirit.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:00 AM

23,013 posts, read 34,374,307 times
Quote:
Because they refuse to believe the truth.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Because they refuse to believe the truth.
But didn't God grant us with repentance and belief? so why did we believe and they didn't? What sets us apart from unbelievers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity