Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2009, 03:09 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,193,069 times

Advertisements

Exactly

Well Jesus as the keys to death and Hades and He is in the business of setting the captives free and those gates are being opened whether you like it or not.

In times past we have all heard that you could leave your front and back door unlocked without fear of your home being robbed .

It's because of fear you believe in eternal torment , that is why you want those gates to hades shut.

You see the gates of hades will not prevail against the good purpose and will of our Lord and Savior.

So why are you standing at the gates of hades (in the same manner Peter stood in front of Jesus to prevent Him from doing His Fathers will) ,trying to prevent Him now from doing His good will and purpose of setting the captives free ?.

Just like Peter i think you mean well ,but we all know what Jesus said to Peter.

23Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.

Scoff as much as you want it's the truth.

There's coming a mass mourning,weeping and repentance by the fundamental evangelicals when the light of the truth about God being the Savior of all mankind dawns on them.

Last edited by pcamps; 07-01-2009 at 03:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 06:10 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,771,449 times
That Peter was giving them, and now currently had by Benedict.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:25 AM

170 posts, read 198,366 times
DNick, like yeah.
Pcamps I think the truths about eternal punishment and how it relates to evangelism do need to be prayerfully looked at again.
Jesus's sheep however will hear His voice in the matter and not the stranger's voice, I have come across other forums that have been swamped by universalists trying to brainwash everyone into their beliefs and have witnessed again and again that underneath the bleat is an angry growl.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:25 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,924,575 times
What is the 1st thought that comes to mind when you think about keys?

How about "lost"? LOL!

as in, I lost my keys.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:29 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,924,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Totton Linnet View Post
DNick, like yeah.
I have come across other forums that have been swamped by universalists trying to brainwash everyone into their beliefs.
Well, as dirty as Christians brains get, they need a good scrubbing every
now and then.

I wouldn't call it "brainwashing" though. More like "sharing the faith to the brainwashed."

Old 07-01-2009, 07:30 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,771,449 times
Quote:
DNick, like yeah.
Yeah?

Old 07-01-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
DNick, like yeah.
Pcamps I think the truths about eternal punishment and how it relates to evangelism do need to be prayerfully looked at again.
Jesus's sheep however will hear His voice in the matter and not the stranger's voice, I have come across other forums that have been swamped by universalists trying to brainwash everyone into their beliefs and have witnessed again and again that underneath the bleat is an angry growl.
Where is the angry growl ? . All i have ever heard and read is a proclaimation of His endless love to mankind .

The angry growl is from the fundamental evangelicals condemning the lost and all that do not agree with them .

Old 07-01-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
What is the 1st thought that comes to mind when you think about keys?

How about "lost"? LOL!

as in, I lost my keys.
Funny you should say that i have lost my van and house keys , but i will find them . The even funnier thing is i lost them a week ago and have not attempted to look for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity