U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 10:40 PM

7,374 posts, read 6,781,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
Ummmm how about the Billions who never heard of Jesus down through the centuries - the Chinese for example?

Just asking

HK
According to you whoever hasn't heard of Jesus, and especially those who haven't yet accepted him while already having heard, are sinner's and God hates them right? God only loves Christians? That is to say God only loves Christians who never sin ... ? Wow if this is true of God and God is love there ain't much love going round is there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 10:55 PM

20,987 posts, read 28,133,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
Ummmm how about the Billions who never heard of Jesus down through the centuries - the Chinese for example?

Just asking

HK
God loves them too.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:58 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,166,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hotinaz
What is born of the flesh is spirit and what is born of the spirit is flesh of cause not

What is born of flesh is flesh and what is born of the spirit is spirit.

flesh will always be flesh , spirit will always be spirit

Absolutely nothing to do with being a carnal christian , if you are in the flesh you will fulfill its lusts just like the scripture i shared from Galatians says.
Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.

For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of {the} divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust.

Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in {your} moral excellence, knowledge, and in {your} knowledge, self-control, and in {your} self-control, perseverance, and in {your} perseverance, godliness, and in {your} godliness, brotherly kindness, and in {your} brotherly kindness, love.

Ready???? Here we go!!

For if these (WHICH ARE? Read above again) are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For he who lacks these is blind short-sighted, having forgotten purification from his former sins.

Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble; for in THIS WAY the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.

Last edited by HotinAZ; 07-01-2009 at 11:10 PM..

Old 07-01-2009, 11:09 PM

I wrote:

Quote:
What I am saying,,no not me actually. The Word says. If you are TRULY a Born Again believer, then you CANNOT sin, nor would you want to, nor would you even be able to. People who say this is impossible? Remember Jesus? He didn't sin His entire life. He did not have some advantage, the rest of us don't. And what is worse, is that we use His righteousness, as our own, as an excuse to say it is impossible and then to continue to sin. Well, that is not what the Word says. Nor do I subscribe to it.
Quote:
I really do not know why i am responding to this post Hotinaz.
Me neither.

Quote:
Do you not realize that the part of you that is born again can NEVER sin.
Another lie. Where does it say this?

Quote:
I can say without a shadow of doubt the real me cannot sin,the flesh is not me, the real me is that which is born of God , just like Paul said in Romans 7 verse 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. Confused by this statement read John chapter 3 , Nicodemus had the same problem.
So you are one of these people that give sin it's own person status? Like it isn't me doing it, but perhaps the devil?

Quote:
And as for trying , give up trying you will certainly get somewhere then.
That goes against so much scripture, I am not going to even quote it all.

Quote:
We are called to abide in his love not try and i mean try anything .
Really? Wow, what a fruitless life.

Quote:
It really doesn't matter to God that you are not trying , the moment you stop trying and abide in His love is the moment growth will begin.
It really does not matter? Really? Remember the talents parable? Remember the Virgins with oil parable? Shoot, remember most of them? There was effort in almost all of them, not being lazy sitting around abiding in His rest, yet.

But is first starts with overcoming the flesh. You know, repentance. Dying daily. Carrying our crosses. Enduring to the end, the same shall be saved.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:00 AM

7,374 posts, read 6,781,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I wrote:

Me neither.

Another lie. Where does it say this?

So you are one of these people that give sin it's own person status? Like it isn't me doing it, but perhaps the devil?

That goes against so much scripture, I am not going to even quote it all.

Really? Wow, what a fruitless life.

It really does not matter? Really? Remember the talents parable? Remember the Virgins with oil parable? Shoot, remember most of them? There was effort in almost all of them, not being lazy sitting around abiding in His rest, yet.

But is first starts with overcoming the flesh. You know, repentance. Dying daily. Carrying our crosses. Enduring to the end, the same shall be saved.
I don't believe the debate is about whether or not doing good is a bad thing. We all know we should be striving to do better. The point is people make mistakes. Its not the devil in us its the nature of this corruptible flesh we are born into. Sin echoes(Greek : echō, to have in possession) in our lives because of the mortal flesh. Its in the members of our body. We can overcome and we do every time we resist, and we only resist because it is the spirit of God in us providing the willing and the doing. Sometime people slide backwards(greek : paraptōma) and the flame of their relationship with God begins to flicker. Dark nights of the soul are even more abundant in the lives of people who suffer much loss in this world. They seek escape and the pain drives them to sin as much as any temptation. There are every manner of reasons for human weakness, including ignorance. That is why we must learn to forgive not only others, but first ourselves.

If you cant admit that we're wrong, what have we learned? We cant admit that we are ever wrong if we believe we cant sin.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 07-02-2009 at 01:15 AM..

Old 07-02-2009, 03:45 AM

27,158 posts, read 17,899,691 times
Hotinaz "You said where does it sat that" It says it in your bible and mine . right here in 1 John 3 verse 9

9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. It as always been there how did ya miss it ?

Old 07-02-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Hotinaz "You said where does it sat that" It says it in your bible and mine . right here in 1 John 3 verse 9

9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

It as always been there how did ya miss it ?
So, if someone sees you committing a sin, you feel you have the right to deny this, because you are born again, and cannot sin?

Old 07-02-2009, 08:48 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,470,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
LOL.....errrrr....I mean God loves the sinner but hates the sin

I have been hearing this a lot on this forum, even though I believe God is love so I am not trying to say God is not something that He is but where in the world did you get the concept that "God loves the sinner but hates the sin?" I mean let's use scripture honestly and accurately so we are not lying to people on these boards who don't know any better. Just what verse is that?
How about all the gospel passages where Jesus goes in amongst the sinners while the pharisees keep raising objections? What about the woman caught in adultery. Wasn't Jesus loving her while not loving her sin?

Old 07-02-2009, 09:05 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,470,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
OHHHHHHH...yes I am out of my mind...or maybe not. See Pcamp these scriptures do not contradict the elect that God came to save some-God's not angry at those covered in His blood that has been reconciled it is those who are not covered by His blood or else why would God be angry? at who? These scriptures however contradict what you believe because if God's wrath was justified why would He still be angry?

(Psalm 7:11)
11God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.

(Psalm 5:4–6)
4 You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil; with you the wicked cannot dwell.
5 The arrogant cannot stand in your presence;
you hate all who do wrong.
6 You destroy those who tell lies;
bloodthirsty and deceitful men
the Lord abhors.

(Psalm 7:11)
11 God is a righteous judge,
a God who expresses his wrath every day.

(Deuteronomy 16:22)
22 and do not erect a sacred stone, for these the Lord your God hates.

(Proverbs 6:16–19)
16 There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 a false witness who pours out lies
and a man who stirs up

(Psalm 11:5)
5 The Lord examines the righteous,
but the wicked and those who love violence
his soul hates.

(Psalm 5:4)
4 You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil;
with you the wicked cannot dwell.

(Deuteronomy 12:31)
31 You must not worship the Lord your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the Lord hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods.
So Fundy... I agree with whatever these verses are intending to say. I agree that God "hates" (whatever exactly God means by that) the "wicked" (whatever exactly God means by that).

My question is, what conclusions do you draw from God "hating" the "wicked". Do you admit that God also "hated" David and all the "elect" when they were wicked?

Old 07-02-2009, 09:38 AM

27,158 posts, read 17,899,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
So, if someone sees you committing a sin, you feel you have the right to deny this, because you are born again, and cannot sin?
What on earth do you think John was saying then ?

Hotinaz you obviously need to read John chapter 3 . Again i say to you what is born of the flesh is flesh and what is born of the spirit is spirit.

We are born again spiritually , not born again fleshly

That which is born of God (your born again spirit)cannot sin, it is that simple it it's untrue .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity