U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 04:06 AM

19,371 posts, read 9,518,310 times

Advertisements

The fact that any christian believes God hates in the way they interpret it, it as got to be a huge stumbling block for themselves into entering into the fullness of God that as no measure.
Believing it how they do can never give you assurance and confidence towards Him that comes from knowing His heart towards us .

How can you share the love of God in truth when this belief is in your hate that somehow God does not love all or hates workers of iniquity ?.

Surely any reasonably minded man can see that there is a flaw in this .

Yes God's ways and thoughts are higher than ours , that simply means God's worst is better than our best. (so please do not use that vain argument)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 08:52 AM

11,653 posts, read 9,127,969 times
Quote:
The fact that any christian believes God hates in the way they interpret it, it as got to be a huge stumbling block for themselves into entering into the fullness of God that as no measure.
Believing it how they do can never give you assurance and confidence towards Him that comes from knowing His heart towards us .

How can you share the love of God in truth when this belief is in your hate that somehow God does not love all or hates workers of iniquity ?.

Good points, pcamps. How can we truly love our enemies if we believe that God hates His enemies? How can we love with agape, if we believe that God does not love with agape, but hates those who hate Him or who do not know Him. Agape love is the highest love. It is love undeserved and this is the love of the Father for all, including His enemies. We were all His enemies and we are to be perfect just as out Heavenly Father is perfect. God bless.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:51 AM

6,947 posts, read 7,355,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Yes God's ways and thoughts are higher than ours , that simply means God's worst is better than our best. (so please do not use that vain argument)
As I read this, I saw a glimpse of something true: the writers of scripture (Ezekiel, John the Revelator, etc.) could not describe the Indescribable, so they used words we can understand - yet they fall short.

So too are words describing His nature, feelings and course of action. Makes one desire to know the depth of what we call "Love".

Old 07-03-2009, 10:07 AM

3,981 posts, read 5,397,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
As I read this, I saw a glimpse of something true: the writers of scripture (Ezekiel, John the Revelator, etc.) could not describe the Indescribable, so they used words we can understand - yet they fall short.

So too are words describing His nature, feelings and course of action. Makes one desire to know the depth of what we call "Love".
This is true, but I chose to accept and believe what is written...to the best of my ability.
As for the word "hate" it is my understanding that when it refers to people it means "loves less". When it refers to sin, it is a very strong term, akin to 'abhor'.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:25 AM

6,947 posts, read 7,355,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
This is true, but I chose to accept and believe what is written...to the best of my ability.
As for the word "hate" it is my understanding that when it refers to people it means "loves less". When it refers to sin, it is a very strong term, akin to 'abhor'.
Without a doubt, but if anyone knows the makeup of His creation, it's Him. There is a dividing of soul and spirit, and He most certainly can separate the two. Of course, He can also do (more than) two things at once as well.

The epitome of the love/hate relationship.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:07 PM

5,761 posts, read 2,183,899 times
Quote:

And tellingly, that passage which often gets quoted by those would defend God's hatred of people, when seen in context says exactly the opposite.

Is. 55

6 Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near. 7 Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon. 8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. 9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. 10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, 11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Even unregenerate mankind understands mercy & forgiveness yet still HIS mercy and forgivness exceeds ours beyond measure, so much higher are His thoughts and ways than our own.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:48 PM

4,108 posts, read 2,281,516 times
Quote:

such a great post.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:52 PM

11,653 posts, read 9,127,969 times
Quote:
And tellingly, that passage which often gets quoted by those would defend God's hatred of people, when seen in context says exactly the opposite.

Is. 55

6 Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near. 7 Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon. 8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. 9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. 10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, 11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Even unregenerate mankind understands mercy & forgiveness yet still HIS mercy and forgivness exceeds ours beyond measure, so much higher are His thoughts and ways than our own.
Amen. God bless.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:42 PM

1 posts, read 525 times
I have found that becouse God loved the sinner but hates the sin he doesn't want us to sin. It is however posible to do so but you just don't feel right about it becouse God gave us a Consciousness. That is how we know right from wrong.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:27 PM

1 posts, read 480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
I got some of my information yes from different web sites....but I looked the scripture up through biblegateway.
What is wrong with that....BT? Lot's of good information out there....

Besides I'm against the saying....it is not scriptural! And I don't like having anything to do with stuff that is not true....

Maybe you should read it....BT? It's good information for the soul!!

And your justification of helping me out with my information, that some one is stealing it....is a lie!

Blessings
Calling it as I see it.. His question was point blank without any hidden meaning and couldn't have been more clear: "Did you come up with that all yourself?" and your answer was "Yep!" I looked at the link, and in fact, you copied it, verbatim. Even the areas that make every reader believe that you wrote your own words, they were someone else's words. So then you ask, what is wrong with that? You were deceptive to begin with, and when he questioned it in order to give you the opportunity to confess and/or to give you the benefit of the doubt, you lied. You should have admitted to it, confessed, and moved on. But instead, once caught, the human in you realized you were caught in a lie and then continued to redirect the attention to something different. yes, the information that you copy/pasted and tried to pass off as your own is very good. I think this statement has to be looked at on the day of judgment. I agree w/ God's word, all of it. He hates the sinner. But.. He so loved us that He wants all of us to come back to Him, thus He gives us a way. That's true love.. But... for those that do not accept this payment, on the day of judgment, does God love the sinner when His wrath is poured out? I don't know..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity