Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 02:16 PM

304 posts, read 904,620 times

Advertisements

When conflicts arise (Pastor vs. Elders) and the order is to reconcile, but after nearly 4 years it's clearly not going to happen (numerous reconciliation meetings)...is it wrong to stay or is it wrong to go?

I'm sick of church politics. Tired of the hostility and petty grievances people come up with. My spirit is filling up with hatred and I have no one to talk to. I have not been contacted since October by any of the members...I think it's safe to say goodbye. Truly doubt I will subject myself to another body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 02:27 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrow View Post
When conflicts arise (Pastor vs. Elders) and the order is to reconcile, but after nearly 4 years it's clearly not going to happen (numerous reconciliation meetings)...is it wrong to stay or is it wrong to go?

I'm sick of church politics. Tired of the hostility and petty grievances people come up with. My spirit is filling up with hatred and I have no one to talk to. I have not been contacted since October by any of the members...I think it's safe to say goodbye. Truly doubt I will subject myself to another body.
Just come out of it. Subject yourself to only the King's Body is probably the advice I can give.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:32 PM

304 posts, read 904,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Just come out of it. Subject yourself to only the King's Body is probably the advice I can give.
Would you stay or would you go?

Old 07-02-2009, 02:36 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:
Would you stay or would you go?
Go ..... Go ..... Go!!!!

Old 07-02-2009, 02:41 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Leave the system but continue to walk with God , it is possible even though they will tell you , you cannot walk with God unless you are attending church. The same system that says forsake not the assembling of youselves have forsaken God anyway , so who are they to quote scripture at you ? . All they are doing is playing churchanity.

Man as walked with God since time began

Old 07-02-2009, 02:51 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Leave the system but continue to walk with God , it is possible even though they will tell you , you cannot walk with God unless you are attending church. The same system that says forsake not the assembling of youselves have forsaken God anyway , so who are they to quote scripture at you ? . All they are doing is playing churchanity.

Man as walked with God since time began
I agree ....... leave the physical church ....... if there are people in the church that you get on with, stay in touch with them .......it is possible to follow God and Christ without "church".

Old 07-02-2009, 03:06 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Quote:

Dear Darrow...I feel ya. As we speak...I am experiencing relatively the same things you are...please...go to page 4 of the threads, and go down to almost the bottom of the page and find my thread entitled: "If I hear this one more time..." here is the first part of it...

"If I hear this one more time...
...I'm going to have to ask you to leave the church."

This past Sunday, just before church began, my pastor told me he wanted to see me after church. I knew right away, why.
The preceeding Sunday, me and 5 of my "sisters," gathered after church and had a wonderful afternoon swimming and eating and playing Dominos...after a while the subject of my pastor came up...they were all praising his character...and stating how good he is...how good he preaches...etc...etc. ( None of them knew/know that I have met privately 3 times with him, and have given him a file of studies I've completed on Salvation...obeying the 10 commandments...and Blessings contengent upon obedience.
As they were all talking, I was thinking of what him and I are going through together..and without realizing it, they were wondering why I wasn't "chiming" in, then I noticed they were all looking at me for my response. So, I responded. I told them that Modern Christianity today does not teach the whole truth...that I didn't necessarily blame pastor John, because he was teaching what was taught to him, but he needed to listen to the Holy Spirit, and receive the truth in his heart, and begin teaching it to his flock...

I wouldn't be too upset at the thought of not being in a "church" per say...especially in these end-times. God is calling His Church...The Bride of Christ...out of "HER!"<<<"Her" being the dead church of non-believers and false teachers...which would cover a multitude of "buildings" calling themselves "houses of worship."...the better part of them at least!
It could be this is a true blessing for you..and you just don't realize it as yet!

Praise God!

In Christ's love,
Verna.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:13 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:

Remember, where two or more are gathered. It doesn't matter where or when or even if both believe. Just being an example and answering questions or having a conversation with someone about Christ ... He is in the midst. You don't NEED an organized institution ... You do need genuine relationships.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:37 PM
RSH

147 posts, read 258,158 times
Satan wants our hearts to be filled with hate he tells us lies and we believe them.I suggest find another church to go to.We are the body of Christ to those who believe.We all have issues and sins that God has to deal with us on.Never grow your heart hardened towards God or others that will only bring you farther away from God.Bitterness and hate only pleases Satan.May God's peace and mercy be upon you.Remember to pray always.B

Old 07-02-2009, 03:48 PM
RSH

147 posts, read 258,158 times
1 John 1:7
1 peter 1:22-25
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity