Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 07:35 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I would say the only thing you 2 agree on is you hate gays .
I deny this three times and the rooster just crowed

I have to re-iterate that I do NOT hate gay people. I'm sure Ilene and the rest don't either.

Is following our Bible a crime?

Old 07-03-2009, 07:36 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Yes, Camps, yours, lol
Well considering i have openly stated what i believe and freely admitted that i am the worst of sinners will you duly oblige by posting what your faith is in.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
I deny this three times and the rooster just crowed

I have to re-iterate that I do NOT hate gay people. I'm sure Ilene and the rest don't either.

Is following our Bible a crime?
Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks .

Your posts are littered with condeming gays

Following the bible your'e having a giraffe

Old 07-03-2009, 07:41 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks .

Your posts are littered with condeming gays

Following the bible your'e having a giraffe
Camps, Happy Fourth of July

Get some rest, big guy, we'll discuss later

Old 07-03-2009, 07:42 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
LOL, Ilene, first, smuggle me out of here.

Do you do black magic? You can transform me into a frog. <do check with the mutato-evolution handbook if this is allowed, so logical peeps don't complain>

I'm sure I'll find my way out then. And you know what you gotta do to restore me, princess
Well I understand that a certain poster in this very thread may be able to help you out of a jam. He/she uses some sort of ouija board contraption to talk to Jesus so I'd say that's as close to black magic as you can get.

I've kissed a lot of frogs along the way so one more won't hurt.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:11 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I just saw the words "gay Christian" in a response. This is a complete and total oxymoron. There are some seriously mixed up folks on this board who believe they are actually Christians when in fact they are not. A Christian does not live an openly gay lifestyle or a closeted gay lifestyle....they don't live the homosexual lifestyle at all....period!! Sorry, not happening in God's book.
Technically . . . the only thing you can claim is that they cannot be a Biblean . . . because Christ (the VINE of Christian) never gave any such specific prohibition. Of course . . . to Bibleans . . . the book (OT) and its primitive description of God (Yahweh) is their idol anyway. They worship it instead of Jesus the source of Christian doctrine . . . using the literal English interpretations (in complete ignorance of ANY other spiritual considerations or intellectual knowledge.)

Old 07-03-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Technically . . . the only thing you can claim is that they cannot be a Biblean . . . because Christ (the VINE of Christian) never gave any such specific prohibition. Of course . . . to Bibleans . . . the book (OT) and its primitive description of God (Yahweh) is their idol anyway. They worship it instead of Jesus the source of Christian doctrine . . . using the literal English interpretations (in complete ignorance of ANY other spiritual considerations or intellectual knowledge.)
So true , all they have is a doctrine and even their doctrine is absolutely flawed due to a mixture of Old and New Covenant teaching .
A little leaven leavens the whole lump, what we have with the christian church is an overdose of leaven that as made the whole lump unrecognizable .

Old 07-04-2009, 06:03 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,940,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I just saw the words "gay Christian" in a response. This is a complete and total oxymoron. There are some seriously mixed up folks on this board who believe they are actually Christians when in fact they are not. A Christian does not live an openly gay lifestyle or a closeted gay lifestyle....they don't live the homosexual lifestyle at all....period!! Sorry, not happening in God's book.
Well that's the thing. Whether God thinks of them as Christians or not, there are people who are both openly gay and consider themselves Christians. Not only that but there are also a growing number of churches who have no problem with it and even perform same sex marriages. I think this has many anti-gay Christians very scared indeed.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:36 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Well that's the thing. Whether God thinks of them as Christians or not, there are people who are both openly gay and consider themselves Christians. Not only that but there are also a growing number of churches who have no problem with it and even perform same sex marriages. I think this has many anti-gay Christians very scared indeed.
I know it is becoming more widely accepted in churches and just in society in general. Christians are not scared for the reasons you think.....they fear for the souls of these people and the wrath of God that is inevitable, just like it was inevitable for Sodom and Gomorrah.

You know ALL of what is happening is predicted in the Bible, right? The more immoral society becomes, the closer we are to the end. I personally am not fond of pointing out what will bring destruction or seemingly being condemning in other's eyes. I'm so far from that. But as I said before, I follow God's Word to the letter and if we all did that we would avoid the end of days coming in our lifetime. Just saying.......

Old 07-04-2009, 06:39 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Whether God thinks of them as Christians or not, there are people who are both openly gay and consider themselves Christians. .
very true...there is no test you have to take first before you can slap the claim onto yourself that you are 'Christian"

We dont have a big official christian test that we all have to pass before we can claim to be christian.

I know of some posters who claim to be christian yet dont think Christ was a real person in history...
any fool can make the claim to the name...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity