Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 09:58 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times

Advertisements

Camps, you sure know that this is a figment of your imagination, right?

I have never known a christian who hates.

Speaking about someone else's or one's own sins in not hate.

We need a christian dictionary now. I may have to write that as well, who else here is St.Jermome-some
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 12:51 PM

192 posts, read 215,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It is impossible to Love God and point the finger at the same time.
NOT. I do it all the time...only my finger is pointing at me.

Quote:
So why do Christians major in sin and play down the Love of God ?

Why do they strain at gnats and swallow camels ?

Do christians who judge sin continually understand the meaning of Pride goes before a fall and a haughty heart before destruction?

Is 1 Corinthians chapter 13 in the christian bible ?

If only faith, hope and love remain and the greatest of these is love , why talk about sin and sinners so much ?

Christians talk about sin more than the Brits talk about the weather .

If you christians had to choose one or the other , what would you prefer to talk about ,love or sin(the evidence of your choice is posted on here by the way).

Love covers a multitude of sins, it also makes the religious spirit boil with anger.

No one wants to governed by the disease of sin as no one wants to be diseased with cancer , let's share the same love to sinners as we would and do to those suffering from cancer.

Yes i am generalising from what i am reading on here .
Most of us know these are not the best examples of the Christian faith, but they are dissapointingly common. We shouldn't judge Christianity by it, though. And even though it is discouraging, let us not cease our efforts to share the Gospel. Not that you are, but I do want to encourage you to be full of the hope that lies within you as you. In spite of things, God is still for us. "and if God be for us, who can be against us?"

At the same time, I should say that we as directed to judge the fruit of one another. This doesn't mean necessarily we always declare it. Even when we do, it should be done in love so that the overriding emotions are love and respect. The phrase is "love the sinner, but hate the sin" or should I say "love the cancer patient, but hate the cancer." Judging fruit also doesn't mean we ever condemn. Condemnation (consequences) of sin is from God alone.

Old 07-04-2009, 01:17 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Hell bent Christianity, and the false "gospel" of the Condemnation of the world, is dying. Its only a matter of time before the plain and obvious shame of the pharisees of our day is made evident even to them.

Old 07-04-2009, 01:36 PM

988 posts, read 1,903,360 times
Quote:
Well Thomas it is nice to read for once on here someone not condemning a sinner or pointing the finger at them.

Do you have a problem with Paul judging those are called "believers" who commit sin? Not only judging himself but insisting the church do the same?

For example:

1Co 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
1Co 5:10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
1Co 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
1Co 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

HK

Old 07-04-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
Do you have a problem with Paul judging those are called "believers" who commit sin? Not only judging himself but insisting the church do the same?

For example:

1Co 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
1Co 5:10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
1Co 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
1Co 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

HK

To be any of these things is to be under the control of them ... a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner. Someone who is without conscience, reprobate, under the bondage of sin and death in their minds, degenerates ...

Old 07-04-2009, 02:04 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Hi, God still loves the those that are enslaved to sin and death, and those who are called brethren that are to be put away for sinful behavior.

1 Corinthians 5
Whoredom is actually heard of among you, and such whoredom as is not even named among the nations -- as that one hath the wife of the father! --
2and ye are having been puffed up, and did not rather mourn, that he may be removed out of the midst of you who did this work,
3for I indeed, as being absent as to the body, and present as to the spirit, have already judged, as being present, him who so wrought this thing:
4in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ -- ye being gathered together, also my spirit -- with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5to deliver up such a one to the Adversary for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

God bless.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi, God still loves the those that are enslaved to sin and death, and those who are called brethren that are to be put away for sinful behavior.

1 Corinthians 5
Whoredom is actually heard of among you, and such whoredom as is not even named among the nations -- as that one hath the wife of the father! --
2and ye are having been puffed up, and did not rather mourn, that he may be removed out of the midst of you who did this work,
3for I indeed, as being absent as to the body, and present as to the spirit, have already judged, as being present, him who so wrought this thing:
4in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ -- ye being gathered together, also my spirit -- with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5to deliver up such a one to the Adversary for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

God bless.
Agreed ...

Old 07-04-2009, 02:28 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post

1 Corinthians 5

God bless.

It was a revelation to me when I came to realize that the good Lord loved me as much when I was a reprobate sinner, as He does in my finest moments.
And it was then that I knew the depth of His love for us.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:28 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post

If one is not doing the above....
Why....???? For this thread....
It's just another usual thread of ..................................................

AND.......................!!
We need more threads of ......................................................................
Maybe we should do more.............AND................AND........... ......AND....................
HAVE A WONDERFUL.....
Curly!!!....OHHHHHHHH.....HA! HA! HA! HA! ha!-ha!-ha!-ha!-ha!....

.....EXCELLANT POST!!! Happy 4th of July everybody!!...

LOVE YOU ALL!!...

Old 07-04-2009, 02:40 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Quote:
It was a revelation to me when I came to realize that the good Lord loved me as much when I was a reprobate sinner, as He does in my finest moments.
And it was then that I knew the depth of His love for us.
Amen, Oakback. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity