Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 10:39 AM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times

Advertisements

To those who may not be believers, if God did not love all men equally, He would not have given His Son for all men. Believers were at one time considered to be His enemies, yet Jesus died for us, and Jesus died for you too. He loves us all, without exception. You are precious to Him. God bless.

John 6: 32Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
33For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 10:43 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,497 times
Would God tell us to love our enemies, if He didn't love all?

Old 07-04-2009, 10:43 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Webster definition of favoritism and partiality....

Favoritism: A display of partiality.

Partiality: Favoring one person or side over another; biased.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:44 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post

Old 07-04-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Amen. God bless.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:47 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
No you reject Gods revealation of being partial towards whomever He wills..
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post

God can show mercy to whomever He wills and so does He..rom 9:

13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
THAT is exactly what makes god look like a big jerk. That is like me having 10 kids and not loving 5 of them JUST BECAUSE I feel like it. How whacked is that?!

Old 07-04-2009, 10:51 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
[color=magenta][b]

THAT is exactly what makes god look like a big jerk. That is like me having 10 kids and not loving 5 of them JUST BECAUSE I feel like it. How whacked is that?!
You are speaking evil against what has been revealed by and about God..For the choosing of Israel typified all the Time that God chose a certain group of people over and above others..

Old 07-04-2009, 10:53 AM

God chose a certain group of people to be a blessing to others. Through Israel all mankind is blessed. The first fruits are blessed to be a blessing for the rest of the harvest. God bless.

Genesis 12

2And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. 4So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:01 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
He wasnt talking to you or I when He told His disciples to Love their enemies..

and besides, God never told His disciples to Love His enemies..thats forbidden..

Listen to a godly man name David:

ps 139:

20For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.

21Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? 22I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

And dont say this is OT and not relevant, because it is..OT is scripture and this is what paul writes about OT scripture at the time of His minstry:

2 tim 3:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

It is a unrighteous thing to love and support those who are Gods enemies:

2 chron 19:

2And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD

Old 07-04-2009, 11:03 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
God chose a certain group of people to be a blessing to others. Through Israel all mankind is blessed. The first fruits are blessed to be a blessing for the rest of the harvest. God bless.

Genesis 12

2And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. 4So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.
beautiful and wise, the words you chose to share, Shana.

blessings of an omniscient and omnipotent god / lord cannot possibly dwindle down to a straight jacket for all sewn by puny overseers.

imho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity