Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 08:09 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,707,096 times

Advertisements

Are you a real Christian? Have you read the posts lately? Who are the REAL Christians, and who is just out to make a point no matter the cost? Would the real Christians PLEASE stand up? Now go get in a line and we'll allow the people who do not believe as we do, pick out the true Christians.

Oh yeah, does anyone remember the song "And they'll know we are Christians by our love, by our love, aannnddd they'llll knooowww we are Christians by our love!"

Anyone who does not believe the way Christians do...thank you for your POVs. Thank you for your honest and forthright comments about how you see the church and how you perceive Christians. You have taught me a lot and I appreciate ALL of you...whether we've disagreed in threads or not, you are awesome!

Could everyone who does not believe the way Christians do, do me a favor? Tell me two things you do not like about Christians (be specific) and please tell me one thing you DO like about Christians. Please don't hurt yourselves too badly on the second one.

All REAL Christians...please do not post in this thread. Please take a moment to read what everyone has to say about us. Reflect on it. And thank the God we serve for these truly wonderful people. I don't know about anyone else but I'm not on here to recruit. I'm not on here to save anyone...that's not MY job.

Now get to work people! And know that everyone that I've encountered in this forum is in my prayers regularly! And you can always pm me with prayer requests...you don't have to believe as I do for me to pray for you!

Old 04-18-2007, 07:18 AM

606 posts, read 696,564 times
I'm not even a christian,to say nothing of "real"

Old 04-18-2007, 07:25 AM

606 posts, read 696,564 times
I'm non believer but I really like Christians.And I read bible sometimes,even,I am thinking of going to churches.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:35 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,425,821 times
I can't see the first bit of sense in any religion that I've ever heard anything about, but there are some very fine Christians out there, and some fine Jews and some fine Muslims and some fine Bahais and Buddhists and Hindus and on and on and on. And there are some crummy people and some really crummy people amongst each of those as well. From my experience at least, a person's particular religion (or lack thereof) is a rather poor predictor of his or her actual character. I guess I'd rather just judge people on the latter and let the former lie wherever it may...

Old 04-18-2007, 07:39 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,644,987 times
Dont like about Christians
1. Holier than thou attitude
2.Telling me I am a sinner and going to hell

What I like
1. their determination in their faith

Old 04-18-2007, 09:41 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,894,274 times
Standing up right here, Real because of Jesus who died for me, nothing i did, i am a sinner saved by Gods grace only

Old 04-18-2007, 11:14 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,462,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
Standing up right here, Real because of Jesus who died for me, nothing i did, i am a sinner saved by Gods grace only

Right behind you Carolina. I may be leaning just a little, waiting for judgement day, when the only judge will tell me how good a christian I was.

Old 04-18-2007, 05:29 PM

267 posts, read 532,971 times
God is within me and all around. I know he loves me, and I know that no human can speak for him.

You ask why I dislike Christians? Don't take it personally, but I dislike all religions. I don't see their use save to extort money and brainwash children. Get 'em while they're young, mutilate their genitalia and stick them in sunday school to be educated.

But, Christians themselves.

Drink this wine it is my blood
Eat this bread it is my flesh

I was never into cannibalism and vampirism.

One thing I like....well the South Baptist church gives out these huge candy bars on Halloween ^^

Old 04-18-2007, 10:22 PM

2,800 posts, read 9,996,218 times
Sorry Hoosier...I know you didn't really want REAL Christians to reply to this thread, but I noticed not to many have responded yet and I would like for this to get back up to the top of the thread....
I am really hoping more people reply the way you are expecting them too. This is a great post and I feel it will do me A LOT of good to see what non-believers think of us (good and bad).
I like to debate and share my POV's, however, I really try to NOT "preach" to anyone. Everyone seems to be turned off and pushed further away from Christianity the more you try to help them out by witnessing to them. Witnessing is my weakest point as a Christian, simply because I am afraid of it having an adverse effect. I don't know how to effectively witness without hurting the cause...it's a catch 22. The Bible says to witness and be a testimony to non-believers, but then when you do people get defensive and turn the other way...
To the NON-Believers: You may not be able to answer this (there may be no answer) Could you also perhaps tell us HOW Christians could more effectively witness to you without pushing you further away?

Old 04-18-2007, 10:30 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,135,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Dont like about Christians
1. Holier than thou attitude
2.Telling me I am a sinner and going to hell
That's unfortunate Nea that that is the kind of experience you've had with Christians. I really don't believe that is the way Christians should act. And if the first one is true then they are just a hypocrite because they are guilty of the sin of pride. Jesus never had a holier than thou attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.