Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 03:13 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeapostle View Post
The elect is not ALL. Consider this verse:
Romans 11:5
Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

The elect refers to A REMNANT, not all.
That remnant is all who accept. The offer is open to all. God wants ALL to come to repentance, not just some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 03:15 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
That remnant is all who accept. The offer is open to all. God wants ALL to come to repentance, not just some.
Then why don't they?

Old 07-06-2009, 03:15 PM

396 posts, read 598,480 times
Quote:
REMNANT means a PORTION of the WHOLE!

Romans 9:27
Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

Old 07-06-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Then why don't they?
Stubborn? Pride? Selfishness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeapostle View Post
REMNANT means a PORTION of the WHOLE!

Romans 9:27
Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
Exactly. God wants the WHOLE world to be saved, but only a PORTION will be.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:26 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
Quote:
Stubborn? Pride? Selfishness?
Exactly. God wants the WHOLE world to be saved.
Yep,
1 Ti 2:4 Who wills that all mankind be saved and come into a realization of the truth.

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Quote:
but only a PORTION will be.

ummmm......

Old 07-06-2009, 03:27 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
jeapostle
Don't you think that is solely referring to the nation of Israel and not the nations as a whole, when He is referring to a remnant?.

So remnant, few, chosen.elected is being taken out of context by those who literally believe a few will be saved , when we know it is referring to the remnant of Israel being saved ?.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Yep,
1 Ti 2:4 Who wills that all mankind be saved and come into a realization of the truth.

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

ummmm......
Phazelwood, I agree God will that all mankind be saved. I'm still studying about your "ummmm"....lol.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:31 PM

396 posts, read 598,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
jeapostle
Don't you think that is solely referring to the nation of Israel and not the nations as a whole, when He is referring to a remnant?.

So remnant, few, chosen.elected is being taken out of context by those who literally believe a few will be saved , when we know it is referring to the remnant of Israel being saved ?.
Yes I do believe it is referring to Israel. But if all of Israel is not saved, then it casts doubt on all the world being saved. How does God save all, but not all Israel. Israel's entrance into the kingdom was not based on descent from Abraham, but by election of grace.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:38 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Genesis 12

and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you(Abraham).

What do you think this means ?

Old 07-06-2009, 03:39 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
Quote:
Phazelwood, I agree God will that all mankind be saved. I'm still studying about your "ummmm"....lol.

lol,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity